2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Interferences out the speakers

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/11, 01:34 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interferences out the speakers

I've been driving my GT500 many time in the last 2 months (about 2200 miles on the odo), and I do have a problem since the last week.
When I drive the car, the soundsystem is working perfect at first, but after few minutes driving the car, it starts to have some interferences coming out the speakers. I made many tests, and this interference sounds like a very high frequency, and is coming from all speakers, what ever the volume is high or low, this interference keeps the same level. I played with the balance / fade, and this interference kept coming out from all speakers, still together at the same level. I switched off my Iphone (to avoid bluetooth interference or GPS), and the interferences stays....The only way to stop it is to shut off the radio completely.
Any idea where that comes from ?
I do have a tracking system installed on my car since the first 2 weeks. This system consist of 5 very tiny transmitter located at many places on the car (no one should no where exactly), does this might me the problem ? Also I noticed this interferences starts last week after a specific rides, where I made a brutal acceleration with tires burning. Maybe I've broken something ?
My sound system is the base Skaker 500 w/o GPS.
Old 6/22/11, 05:46 PM
Cobra Member

Ive had a problem with the speaker in the left door and it doesn't mater what the volume is. It only happens when its humid. Total its happened about 5 times since I got the car. I recently changed the speakers and it still happens. I also have a tracking system in the car just incase it gets stolen.

Heres an example of what it sounds like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIzd1853elc

It does change tone with the RPM though.
Old 6/22/11, 06:27 PM
GT Member

Hi, it sound like you have a grounding problem. A connection from your tracking system install may have come loose during your burn out. If the tracking system is sharing a circuit with the audio system that could be a cause for the sound. I'd talk to your installer.
Old 6/22/11, 06:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My car does the same thing...even when the radio is off
Old 6/22/11, 06:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Onelildude
My car does the same thing...even when the radio is off
Mine as well. Ford checked my ground and they said it was fine.
Old 6/23/11, 08:35 AM
V6 Member

It sounds similar to the YouTube Link above, but definitely not changing with engine's RPM.

I call this morning the tracking company, and there's no connection between the car's body or the ground and the trackers itself. They are really independant transmitters, with their own battery so they should not interfere with the speakers, if they do so it should be all the time interfering, not partially like now.
Old 6/23/11, 09:50 AM
V6 Member

Here's a short video demonstrate the noise. At the end I drop the volume down, and the noise stays, and finally shut off the radio and the noise dissapears.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOMND...e_gdata_player
Old 6/23/11, 08:51 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by lemarin
Here's a short video demonstrate the noise. At the end I drop the volume down, and the noise stays, and finally shut off the radio and the noise dissapears.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOMND...e_gdata_player
I have the same issue. I've heard others tell me it's white noise produced by the sub's. I accepted that since I've heard plenty of such noise on home systems as well. It's quite annoying indeed!
Old 6/24/11, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have that too on my GT, but I have to say it is not as loud or pronounced as it appears to be on your video. I have the shaker 500 system in mine.