Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I'M BACK EVERYONE (crazy story)!!! Will post Order Guide as soon as its available!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/11, 10:32 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff - I don't know you personally but I am glad you are OK! I hope you can put some weight on now!

I remember your posts well as the most informative ones during 2010 when many of us were anxiously awaiting the arrival of our 2011s.
Old 11/23/11, 01:08 PM
V6 Member

Hi Jeff!

Good to know you are ok. Thanks again for the car you organized for me its a dream driving it over here in switzerland (here one foto
https://themustangsource.com/attachm...e-grabber2.jpg in front of a swiss mountain also i sent it to your mail in original solution).

Many thanks again and greetings Max
Old 11/23/11, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey everyone, its been TOO LONG!!! I'm finally back on here for the forseeable future (my health willing). Its been a crazy crazy summer let me tell you. What happened to me? Lets see? I drive to Toronto Canada with my girlfriend for a little relaxing July 4th extended weekend (we left on the 30th of June). Drove the 06 GT up there as I haven't driven it much all year (a 1,000 mile round trip does wonders for a car ). Well, Thursday and Friday were great. Saturday, no so much!!!

On the way to the Phillies/Blue Jays game (I got tix back in April) I started having pains in my abdomin. Thought it was gas pains. At the game, I was feeling okay. Pains would come and go (though it was then hunger pain, as I was hungry but didn't feel like eating). After the game, driving back to the hotel, the pain was unbearable. Once we got to the hotel, I called University of Pennsylvania Hospital for insight (i had my transplant there and whenever I feel ill like this, I call them). They advise me to go to the ER. I tell them I'm in Canada....(silence on the other line is never good, lol). They tell me to go anyway. So my girlfriend and I go.

Long story short. I got admitted, they DID bill my insurance and I didn't owe anything out of pocket except the ER bill ($360 canadian) and the diagnosis was a bowel obstruction and I would need surgery. GF called my insurance company to see about a medical air ambulance jet flight home for surgery. Their answer...NOPE!!! They said it was a "convenience" to fly me home and I should have surgery in Canada!! We pleaded and I had my docs here and the docs up there all backing me. Many calls back and forth by my GF to the insurance company ensued!! They finally relented and I got on a Cessina Citation Jet bound for Phjila Int Airport and surgery.

Had surgery on July 6th and was out of work for two months. No driving for 7 weeks and a nice 15 staple incision on my stomach (to go with the other 4 I had prior) I got back to the dealership in early September but I was NOT in the best of shape. I lost 22 lbs (went in at 165, left at 143 lbs and I'm 6 foot). So I had to really take it easy but work and sell at the same time. Not easy. But today, I feel ALOT better. I was eagerly awaiting the reveal like everyone else and I am VERY VERY IMPRESSED!! LOVE the back end!!!

Once I get the order guides I will post them ASAP. I even have my own computer in my office now (didn't before), so I should be on here ALOT more frequent. For anyone who messaged me during the summer, I apologize with all my heart. This experience really messed with my head and I am VERY nervous about having it again. Bowel obstructions happen due to scar tissue. I had one a month after my transplant and I had another this year. I'm bound to have it again (its invenvitable), so I'm sorry I couldn't get to anyone. If anyone had questions, I'm still here going strong almost 15 years at the Ford store.

But once I get updates and pictures and such, I'll post PDFs and scans of anything I get my hands on. Oh, and I most likely am getting a BOSS 302 (at least one). It may be sold to a local customer of mine, but in the event it isn't it will be available if anyone wants one. Plus I will be getting at least 1 2013 GT500 (was offered two for 2012 but I declined them as I had no one for them).

So in closing, I'm going okay and I can't wait for the info to pour in for the new car!! Ford did a phenomenal job for the "swan song" as someone else put it, until we get the new car in '15. This car is making me sway in buying one, but I gotta hold out until we see the all-new car in a few years. If you get a chance, post up to let me know your all out there and doing well. Have a great one all!!! I'll be seeing you on the boards!!!

Mods, I know its not car related, but I wanted to post this so everyone knows where I have been and what happened to me. If you could not delete it, I would really really appreciate it. I'm here to help like I always have. I love this site and the members are the best!!!
Wow Jeff, sorry to hear about your ordeal. My mother, who is in the advanced stages of Alzheimers now, had a similar issue due to her ruptured appendix. She suffered greatly and it would hit out of the blue.

I ended up getting a 2011 M3 instead of the Mustang but when the 2015 Stang is out that is what Ill be getting and you get the nod.

Stay healthy man..

Dave
Old 11/23/11, 03:58 PM
V6 Member

Hey Jeff, sorry you have to go through all that painfull stuff. Nice to have you back and in good spirits. Happy holiday to you and the GF.
Old 11/24/11, 03:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

Glad you're back up and doing well.
Old 11/24/11, 10:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome back Jeff!!!! Glad things are improving for you and hope you have a full recovering...Lou
Old 11/25/11, 06:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Jeff, I was getting the GTCS for storage and was wondering how you have been.....sorry to hear what happened, glad to hear you are doing better now.
Old 11/26/11, 07:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks guys for the wonderful hellos!!

Dave, I can't wait to order your car come 2014!!!

Rick, I'll give you a call sometime next week and we can catch up!!