Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I'M BACK EVERYONE (crazy story)!!! Will post Order Guide as soon as its available!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/11, 02:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'M BACK EVERYONE (crazy story)!!! Will post Order Guide as soon as its available!!!

Hey everyone, its been TOO LONG!!! I'm finally back on here for the forseeable future (my health willing). Its been a crazy crazy summer let me tell you. What happened to me? Lets see? I drive to Toronto Canada with my girlfriend for a little relaxing July 4th extended weekend (we left on the 30th of June). Drove the 06 GT up there as I haven't driven it much all year (a 1,000 mile round trip does wonders for a car ). Well, Thursday and Friday were great. Saturday, no so much!!!

On the way to the Phillies/Blue Jays game (I got tix back in April) I started having pains in my abdomin. Thought it was gas pains. At the game, I was feeling okay. Pains would come and go (though it was then hunger pain, as I was hungry but didn't feel like eating). After the game, driving back to the hotel, the pain was unbearable. Once we got to the hotel, I called University of Pennsylvania Hospital for insight (i had my transplant there and whenever I feel ill like this, I call them). They advise me to go to the ER. I tell them I'm in Canada....(silence on the other line is never good, lol). They tell me to go anyway. So my girlfriend and I go.

Long story short. I got admitted, they DID bill my insurance and I didn't owe anything out of pocket except the ER bill ($360 canadian) and the diagnosis was a bowel obstruction and I would need surgery. GF called my insurance company to see about a medical air ambulance jet flight home for surgery. Their answer...NOPE!!! They said it was a "convenience" to fly me home and I should have surgery in Canada!! We pleaded and I had my docs here and the docs up there all backing me. Many calls back and forth by my GF to the insurance company ensued!! They finally relented and I got on a Cessina Citation Jet bound for Phjila Int Airport and surgery.

Had surgery on July 6th and was out of work for two months. No driving for 7 weeks and a nice 15 staple incision on my stomach (to go with the other 4 I had prior) I got back to the dealership in early September but I was NOT in the best of shape. I lost 22 lbs (went in at 165, left at 143 lbs and I'm 6 foot). So I had to really take it easy but work and sell at the same time. Not easy. But today, I feel ALOT better. I was eagerly awaiting the reveal like everyone else and I am VERY VERY IMPRESSED!! LOVE the back end!!!

Once I get the order guides I will post them ASAP. I even have my own computer in my office now (didn't before), so I should be on here ALOT more frequent. For anyone who messaged me during the summer, I apologize with all my heart. This experience really messed with my head and I am VERY nervous about having it again. Bowel obstructions happen due to scar tissue. I had one a month after my transplant and I had another this year. I'm bound to have it again (its invenvitable), so I'm sorry I couldn't get to anyone. If anyone had questions, I'm still here going strong almost 15 years at the Ford store.

But once I get updates and pictures and such, I'll post PDFs and scans of anything I get my hands on. Oh, and I most likely am getting a BOSS 302 (at least one). It may be sold to a local customer of mine, but in the event it isn't it will be available if anyone wants one. Plus I will be getting at least 1 2013 GT500 (was offered two for 2012 but I declined them as I had no one for them).

So in closing, I'm going okay and I can't wait for the info to pour in for the new car!! Ford did a phenomenal job for the "swan song" as someone else put it, until we get the new car in '15. This car is making me sway in buying one, but I gotta hold out until we see the all-new car in a few years. If you get a chance, post up to let me know your all out there and doing well. Have a great one all!!! I'll be seeing you on the boards!!!

Mods, I know its not car related, but I wanted to post this so everyone knows where I have been and what happened to me. If you could not delete it, I would really really appreciate it. I'm here to help like I always have. I love this site and the members are the best!!!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 11/21/11 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11/21/11, 03:00 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Wow Jeff that's horrible. Makes me never want to leave the country. So glad you are ok and feeling better.

I wondered where you were and thought maybe you left us for Chevys or something.
Old 11/21/11, 03:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Jeff,
I really don't know you personally, however my heart goes out to you as you have had a heck of an ordeal. Glad your ok now and hope things continue to get better. Take care of yourself and keep up the good fight!
I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers!
Regards,
Phil
Old 11/21/11, 03:06 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK. Missed your posts.

Its funny how we get little flair ups physically that we think are just minor - and most times they are - but then one of those minor things are actually major! We get so used to shrugging it off like its just an 'off day' or a pain that will pass shortly, that sometimes we fail to realize it really is a major deal brewing.
Old 11/21/11, 03:06 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, crazy story Jeff! Glad to hear you're doing better and glad to have ya back! If you need anything, shoot myself (or any of the mods) a PM.
Old 11/21/11, 03:07 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Nice to see ya back Jeff!
Old 11/21/11, 03:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to know you are doing well Jeff! You are quite the asset around here.
Old 11/21/11, 03:13 PM
Post *****

At least now we know why Mustang sales have been slipping these past months - Jeff was on sick leave! But watch out now camaro boys - he's baaack!!

Old 11/21/11, 03:16 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Good thing you didn't let those Canadians cut you up. Whew.
Old 11/21/11, 03:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glad you're back Jeff. make sure you take it easy.
Old 11/21/11, 03:21 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Good thing you didn't let those Canadians cut you up. Whew.
Yeah - nothing worse than letting a couple of hoser's cut on you eh?
Old 11/21/11, 03:25 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Glad to hear you're doing better, I had been wondering where you had been.
Old 11/21/11, 03:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

good to hear things are fine and going well.

take care,

ed
Old 11/21/11, 04:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome back and blessings to you!
Old 11/21/11, 04:30 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
welcome back Jeff. Glad you are OK now. Take care and let's start mustang fire!
Old 11/21/11, 05:16 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Welcome back Jeff! With all the '13 news out there I was just recently thinking to myself that I hadn't seen any posts from you and was wondering what happened. Glad to hear you're okay!!
Old 11/21/11, 07:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome back Jeff! Glad your are feeling better.
Old 11/22/11, 06:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Wow Jeff that's horrible. Makes me never want to leave the country. So glad you are ok and feeling better.

I wondered where you were and thought maybe you left us for Chevys or something.
Thanks buddy!! I'd NEVER leave for the new Camaro!! Can't see out of it and its an anchor!! That said, my GF did pick up a MINT '69 Camaro last summer!! It's got a 406 stroker in it and its nice!!! Love all old muscle cars!!!
Old 11/22/11, 06:04 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Overboost
Wow, crazy story Jeff! Glad to hear you're doing better and glad to have ya back! If you need anything, shoot myself (or any of the mods) a PM.
Thanks a ton Steve!! I really appreciate it!!!
Old 11/22/11, 06:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thank you all for the wonderful & warm hellos!!!

I have missed this place ALOT!! Like cdynaco said, you think little pains are small and nothing to worry but then something like THIS happens!! At 35 years old (just turned it on 9/2), I never thought I would have 5 MAJOR surgeries behind me and all 5 incisions all large!! But scars give people character and every scar has a story!! They are my battle wounds!!

As for the new 2013, I will be here for anyone who wants to chat!! I'm going to be clearing out my PM box (its 99% full, lol) so if anyone has any questions on ordering in their area, pricing info, or just want to make sure they are getting a good deal from their dealer, drop me a line!!

I love helping everyone get the car they dream of!! If anyone is local to the suburbs of Philadelphia (I'm in Montgomery County), and wants to stop in to say hi or even look into ordering, let me know, my history of excellent pricing for members still stands!! I love helping my fellow enthusiasts!!! Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes back!!

Quick Reply: I'M BACK EVERYONE (crazy story)!!! Will post Order Guide as soon as its available!!!