2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I wish Ford also had this program

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/11, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

This was from a Steeda rep in another forum. I have always purchased Steeda parts because of this reason.. They back up their parts 100%

Steeda Guy:
Just to make it clear. Just because you put a part on your vehicle it DOES NOT void your warranty. For a product to affect the warranty, there must be an investigation done by the party refuting the warranty to prove that the aftermarket product indeed caused the OEM component part to fail. Just because you put a CAI on your car it does not does not automatically void the warranty. The CAI would have the be the direct cause that caused the part to fail. Also, you have to remember when installing aftermarket parts you are responsible to care and drive the car in a non malicious way - because no warranty covers "abuse" .

When you are installing Steeda parts on your cars, please note that we are giving you the benefit of a component part that indeed will work as advertised and will not cause a direct component failure on your car. We work very closely with Ford and develop our performance parts and accessories so that they perform as necessary and will not cause another component to fail. All of our parts are engineered uner strict ISO 9001-2008 certificatied standards and are specifically designed to provide worry free operation. They carry a lifetime warranty and we have never had an instance of a Ford vehicle having it's warranty refuted due to a direct result of our parts.

Steed Autosports is a company that will stand by you in case something does happen. If a dealer does not want to service a warranty claim, then Steeda will provide the necessary support through either the dealer or will work with Ford Motor Company to get your vehicle serviced. Steeda has never had an issue with a warranty claim. All of our products are tested and proven not to exceed recommend testin.. Steeda backs its products 100% so you never have to worry about being left behind.

Old 9/6/11, 07:06 PM
Cobra R Member

The words are all well and good, and Steeda makes good stuff, but if the dealer doesn't pick up your tab (or Ford, whose orders they claim to be following), then you simply have no warranty. Going to court is only the next option and I sure hope someone with more money than I have initiates a class-action suit but in the meantime I am left high and dry because I must comply with the terms set forth by those people who would pay for my in-warranty repairs, if any.
Old 9/7/11, 02:29 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tim, can you please link that post that you quoted? I think we'd all like to see that and the thread where it was posted.
Old 9/7/11, 06:41 PM

I had to ask my buddy that is on that forum to send it to me, hope this helps.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...r-new-car.html
Old 9/7/11, 06:49 PM

I know what you are saying...

The dealer can ultimately decide what they want to do to your car. I think they are stating that they will provide the necessary support to make sure a claim is processed. I have purchased products from them before and I have always like the fact that they have an on going relationship with Ford Motor Company. I am sure they have tremendous connections in case something needs to go up the ladder.
Old 9/7/11, 08:45 PM
GTR Member

That's good to see Steeda stepping up, but I'd like to see Gus reiterate that on here as well.
Old 9/8/11, 10:44 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
That's good to see Steeda stepping up, but I'd like to see Gus reiterate that on here as well.
Even Deysha from Ford Customer service has re-iterated on here that aftermarket parts dont void your warranty. The dealer does have the right to refuse to warranty an issue they prove to be caused by the aftermarket part.

The problem I see is that Ford dealers are pretty much self governing, so your overall customer experience will really depend on how that dealer is run by its owners. Some dealers just see aftermarket parts an a hassle to them, but many do embrace them and even install and recommend them at their dealerships.

For years we have indeed worked very closely with Ford and that has given us a great advantage in making our components and also dealing with Ford dealers when warranty disputes occur. This has been few and far between, but at least on this forum, between our support and Ford customer service reps like Deysha that are on this forum I don't think anyone with a legitimate warranty issue should have anything to worry about.
Old 9/8/11, 06:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Apparently all the Ford dealers from Richmond to Newport News re paranoid because of a case multiple ones have cited to me in generality. Whatever happened, a customer (apparently someone with some clout or means) with a tune (unknown which) had a #8 issue, and escalated his argument to the highest levels at Ford. Sounds like it was an ugly situation that make all the dealers I've talked to skittish. And on top of that FOrd issued "THE" TSB re tunes, and well, they think it's Game Over.

interestingly, not only did Shotzy's dealer (in NY) repair his #8 under warranty after they'd installed his FRPP tune, they reinstalled his FRPP tune on the new engine for him after installing it. So not all dealers are created equal.

A Steeda CAI with 89-octane tune (I use 93 exclusively) couldn't possibly hurt anything. And I would LOVE that! But I don't want to have to travel out of state to get something in my drivetrain repaired.
Old 9/14/11, 09:32 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SteedaGus
Even Deysha from Ford Customer service has re-iterated on here that aftermarket parts dont void your warranty. The dealer does have the right to refuse to warranty an issue they prove to be caused by the aftermarket part.
Thanks for the mention, SteedaGus!

Yes, guys. An aftermarket part will not automatically void your New Vehicle Limited or Extended warranty. However, if an aftermarket part causes a concern, that specific repair will not be covered. I recommend you always speak with your servicing dealer before modifying your ride. You can refer to your Warranty Guide on page 13 for further info. Have a great day!

Deysha
Old 9/14/11, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

I have zero issues with my dealer...but then again, they are a SVT shop, and get all of the special vehicles. Plus I guess it helps when the owner and his sons are racers....
Old 9/14/11, 10:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SteedaGus
The problem I see is that Ford dealers are pretty much self governing, so your overall customer experience will really depend on how that dealer is run by its owners. Some dealers just see aftermarket parts an a hassle to them, but many do embrace them and even install and recommend them at their dealerships.
Completely agree.
Old 9/15/11, 03:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad

It's somewhat pathetic to have such a gentle-shifting transmission that it will NOT chirp the tires on any shift, and that's with 412HP and 390 lb-ft. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, ya know?!?
Wha!?
Old 9/15/11, 04:13 AM
GT Member

i wouldnt trust ANYTHING that GM says. GM was trying to back out of warranty service because the post-bankruptcy GM is a different company than the pre-bankruptcy gm and didnt issue the warranty to begin with..
Old 9/15/11, 04:17 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Blackbird.
Wha!?
To clarify: My 6AT is the most gentle-shifting transmission ever. It is the opposite of shift kit. OK, maybe not that bad, but there's no barking on shifts.
Old 9/15/11, 04:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Ohhh! Ok sorry it's 3am here I didn't even bother looking at your signature, my bad. I was gonna say you aren't able to chirp a gear on the 6MT!?!? Sheez even with "AdvanceTrac" on 3rd - 4th chirps are almost effortless.

BTW nice first name.
Old 9/15/11, 04:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Blackbird.
Ohhh! Ok sorry it's 3am here I didn't even bother looking at your signature, my bad. I was gonna say you aren't able to chirp a gear on the 6MT!?!? Sheez even with "AdvanceTrac" on 3rd - 4th chirps are almost effortless.

BTW nice first name.
Ha-ha, yes we Erics are all over this forum!

Back when i had my 6MT 2011 'vert, I was not only able to chirp 2-3, but also managed to bark the 3-4 shift pretty good (which occurred at about 95 mph) - bone stock, 3.31 rear. Only needed to do that once.......but I always wondered...would it chirp the 4-5 shift @ 120?

Last edited by Double-EDad; 9/15/11 at 04:37 PM.
Old 9/16/11, 08:46 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
Sounds like a classic case of dealer misinformation.
Or dealer reinterpetation. I have to deal with that at work on a daily basis. We have a policy, employee-X doesn't like it so they reinterpet it to reflect thier view ignoring that it amounts to essentially a breach of contract
Old 9/16/11, 10:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by bob
Or dealer reinterpetation. I have to deal with that at work on a daily basis. We have a policy, employee-X doesn't like it so they reinterpet it to reflect thier view ignoring that it amounts to essentially a breach of contract
^^^This. Fueled by the anti-tune TSB.