2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I miss my Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/11 | 10:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
I hate snow, but I love my job
I'll deal with the snow.

And quit whining burlington-boy... you've gotten away with VERY little by comparison to 100km north of T.dot :P
hahaha we have 10cm at most from the weekend...barely anything yet...but it's still F'ing cold and they still have to salt all the roads because of ice

I was up in Collingwood over the holidays...and all I could say was WOW...ridiculous amounts of snow...even London, ON was stupid lol
Old 1/18/11 | 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

PS after seeing all the Ontario people in here, we should schedual a meet to drive our stangs too after all this snow is gone...it's something to count down too lol
Old 1/18/11 | 10:23 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by LLZuB
hahaha we have 10cm at most from the weekend...barely anything yet...but it's still F'ing cold and they still have to salt all the roads because of ice

I was up in Collingwood over the holidays...and all I could say was WOW...ridiculous amounts of snow...even London, ON was stupid lol
Ohhhhh yeahhh.
Blue Moutain closed once this year during the last huge 4+ day storm we had. Then most of it either compacted/melted during that freak +13 we had... and now its all back.

We got blasted hard on Sat/Sun this week and the pile on my front lawn is at least 6-7 feet high. I'm running out of places to put this ****.
Last year was a cakewalk compared to this year.

I did visit the stang once already...
Gotta admit, I had a bit of a tear forming...but then it ***ing froze.
It was -27 with the wind 2 days ago

PS after seeing all the Ontario people in here, we should schedual a meet to drive our stangs too after all this snow is gone...it's something to count down too lol
Actually, there is a canadian section, and it used to be buzzing with a bunch of us.
3 of us moderators (Dan, myself and Galaxie) used to meet all the time,
but life got busy...
Miss those days.

Last edited by Boomer; 1/18/11 at 10:25 AM.
Old 1/18/11 | 11:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 5.0GT
What's your therapist's phone number? I have been experiencing all of the above. Last drive in my 5.0 was Nov. 13, at about 3:17 pm. It started snowing Nov.14 and I haven't seen the pavement of my street since. I want to drive my car so badly!
I feel your pain dude! I'm from SK and mines been parked since Nov. 10th. I was in Calgary two weekends ago during that horrendous storm that shut down the Trans Canada, and as much as I miss driving my car, i was glad it was tucked safley in my garage!

Spring cannot come soon enough. I went and sat in it the other day, and honestly couldn't stop smiling. I can't wait for the first drive of the spring. Like someone else said, it will be like driving it for the first time again! New car every spring!
Old 1/18/11 | 12:21 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Originally Posted by 5.0GT
What's your therapist's phone number? I have been experiencing all of the above. Last drive in my 5.0 was Nov. 13, at about 3:17 pm. It started snowing Nov.14 and I haven't seen the pavement of my street since. I want to drive my car so badly!
Her name is Jenny and her phone number is 867-5309. She has really helped me.

Old 1/18/11 | 12:59 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by David Young
Her name is Jenny and her phone number is 867-5309. She has really helped me.

Jenny was actually a Jimmy...
You realize that right?
Old 1/18/11 | 03:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah go play with the ***** vet and rice burner drivers at Wasaga!!
Old 1/18/11 | 04:01 PM
GTR Member

You guys should come over the border and do a fun run with the MI folks
Old 1/19/11 | 04:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
You guys should come over the border and do a fun run with the MI folks
I'd be game for that MI is just a couple hours away
Old 1/19/11 | 04:42 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by MustangGTPilot
I'd be game for that MI is just a couple hours away
Keep an eye out in the regional threads once the weather warms up, and I'll try to organize one far enough ahead for you "foreign" guys to come over. It's well worth the drive!
Old 1/19/11 | 07:38 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by MustangGTPilot
Yeah go play with the ***** vet and rice burner drivers at WOPsaga!!
Fixed
hahahah
Old 1/19/11 | 06:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Boomer - LMAO but sooooo true!
Old 1/19/11 | 06:28 PM
GT Member

LOL agree with WOPsaga but what's with the Vette hating? They are amazing and beautiful cars!
Old 1/19/11 | 06:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

A car is meant to be driven. What's the point of buying something you can't enjoy? I drove all my Mustangs all year round. Granted I live in Vancouver which doesn't see nearly as much snow as the rest of Canada, but I just don't get people that baby their cars to that extent. Sure it's good to take care of what you have so it isn't money wasted, but isn't it also money wasted when you can't use something you paid for?

If you're too afraid to put a bit of wear and tear on a car, it's probably because you can't really afford the car you bought.

It's like those people who buy really expensive whiskey or wine and are always waiting for that "special occasion" to open it and it just ends up collecting dust. Enjoy what you have. It's not like it's a 69 Boss 429 or something.
Old 1/19/11 | 08:09 PM
Bullitt Member

lol how does not being able to afford it make any sense?

If I personally couldn't afford it..i'd be driving it year round...but I can afford to have another car to use during the winter... so why would I drive it year round?

I don't believe they use road salt in BC...so if I lived there...hell i'd drive it through the winter too...

but I wouldn't have purchased a convertible mustang that comes with 412hp and summer tires from factory if I planned to drive it through the winter...what would be the point? you can't use for it's intended use this time of year anyways...you'll end up in a ditch or around a pole if you tried to
Old 1/19/11 | 08:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Clino
A car is meant to be driven. What's the point of buying something you can't enjoy? I drove all my Mustangs all year round. Granted I live in Vancouver which doesn't see nearly as much snow as the rest of Canada, but I just don't get people that baby their cars to that extent. Sure it's good to take care of what you have so it isn't money wasted, but isn't it also money wasted when you can't use something you paid for?

If you're too afraid to put a bit of wear and tear on a car, it's probably because you can't really afford the car you bought.

It's like those people who buy really expensive whiskey or wine and are always waiting for that "special occasion" to open it and it just ends up collecting dust. Enjoy what you have. It's not like it's a 69 Boss 429 or something.
Let me put it this way, if you were worth millions of dollars and had multiple cars, one of which included a Lambo or a Viper or another exotic of your choice, would you drive that car year round knowing the salt will damage your paint, your suspension and other parts of your car over time? If your answer is no, does that mean you can't afford to own the car? Of course not. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other, so I'd love to know where you made this connection.

For me, I can afford to own both a summer car (the stang) and a winter 'beater' (my 02 Maxima SE, which IMO is still a very nice car), and I choose to store the stang throughout the winter because I want it to remain in pristine condition for as long as possible. For me, I get more enjoyment out of the car that way, and it makes it feel ever more special when I do take it out for a ride in nice weather. And yes, I am also one of those guys with nice collections of wine, scotches and cigars. Different strokes for different folks, my friend.
Old 1/19/11 | 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by fossy207
Let me put it this way, if you were worth millions of dollars and had multiple cars, one of which included a Lambo or a Viper or another exotic of your choice, would you drive that car year round knowing the salt will damage your paint, your suspension and other parts of your car over time? If your answer is no, does that mean you can't afford to own the car? Of course not. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other, so I'd love to know where you made this connection.

For me, I can afford to own both a summer car (the stang) and a winter 'beater' (my 02 Maxima SE, which IMO is still a very nice car), and I choose to store the stang throughout the winter because I want it to remain in pristine condition for as long as possible. For me, I get more enjoyment out of the car that way, and it makes it feel ever more special when I do take it out for a ride in nice weather. And yes, I am also one of those guys with nice collections of wine, scotches and cigars. Different strokes for different folks, my friend.
Hey I had a maxima too (r.i.p) haha , anything done to your 02'? 6 speed?
I had a 98', loved the car, put a lot of money into it mod wise
Old 1/19/11 | 08:48 PM
Bullitt Member

YES I miss driving her!

The roads around here have a layer of salt all over them!

Can't afford it LMAO at that one.Have no idea how anyone would come to that conclusion.

I will be waiting very impatiently for spring & the roads to clear.
Old 1/19/11 | 08:55 PM

Brother I feel ya!!! November 1st my ride rolled into the gayraj (sorry, I'm staunchly opposed to storing my car in my garage and I think it's totally gay but I do it anyways) and it hasn't been out since. North Chicago winters SUCK!!!
Old 1/20/11 | 05:43 AM
GT Member

Hey I had a maxima too (r.i.p) haha , anything done to your 02'? 6 speed?
I had a 98', loved the car, put a lot of money into it mod wise
Yup mine is a 6 spd and I love it. Black on black leather, fully loaded with no mods except upgraded stereo deck and speakers, if that even counts as a mod. Funny thing is I think the interior design, the engine and overall driving experience is better than most new cars today.

Quick Reply: I miss my Mustang