2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I miss my Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 1/17/11 | 07:13 PM
GT Member

Unhappy I miss my Mustang

So it's now been aboot (Sorry, I'm Canadian) 7 or 8 weeks since I stored my Mustang and I am really starting to miss her! Things were ok for the first 3 weeks...then Christmas day hit and all I wanted from Santa was to take my 5L out for a little joyride, but alas, the roads were full of salt and I could not.

Now that we've passed the mid-January marker, I figure I've got about 3 more months until I can put her back on the road. I seriously don't know how I'm going to make it all the way to spring, there's not a day that goes by I don't think of her. Is anyone else going through some serious withdrawal right now?
Old 1/17/11 | 07:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

nope, no withdrawal here, winter or no winter I'm driving my Mustang every day
Old 1/17/11 | 07:23 PM
Bullitt Member

I feel your pain, dude. I'm in NY with a few scattered days of snowfall. Had to put her up since the middle of last week, but soon as things look a little better I'm taking her out for a spin! I don't know what I would do if I had to store her for more than a week...
Old 1/17/11 | 07:24 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by fossy207
So it's now been aboot (Sorry, I'm Canadian) 7 or 8 weeks since I stored my Mustang and I am really starting to miss her! Things were ok for the first 3 weeks...then Christmas day hit and all I wanted from Santa was to take my 5L out for a little joyride, but alas, the roads were full of salt and I could not.

Now that we've passed the mid-January marker, I figure I've got about 3 more months until I can put her back on the road. I seriously don't know how I'm going to make it all the way to spring, there's not a day that goes by I don't think of her. Is anyone else going through some serious withdrawal right now?

I know your pain.
My 05 has been in storage since the end of Nov.

Its nice though, by April/May when it comes out...it feels like a new car..EVERY time
Old 1/17/11 | 07:34 PM
Cobra Member

I put mine away at the end of November and it's usually mid- to late-April before winter is over here. I don't have any big road trips planned for this year but I'm going to have to take it for at least a couple of short ones.
Old 1/17/11 | 07:41 PM
GTR Member

I only take mine out when the roads are dry and not caked with salt. I drove mine quickly today and it was very gratifying. I don't know how some of you can go for months without driving yours.
Old 1/17/11 | 07:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I know how you feel man, im in Burlington, ON and the day I received my car, is the day I had to store her. Got it December 27, and drove it to my sisters place to store in her garage until summer, so I don't even get to stare at her...yesterday I was over at her place, and went into the garage to lift the car cover off and look at it for about 30 mins....I HATE SALT lol
Old 1/17/11 | 07:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

....you guys should move or something
Old 1/18/11 | 05:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm not sure which is worse, putting the 'stang away and suffering withdrawal or driving it through the winter?

For me the choice was easy, since it was either (a) Mustang as a DD and drive it through the winter, or (b) no Mustang at all.

RWD in snow is fun, you should try it sometime!
Old 1/18/11 | 05:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

We dont have that problem down here in south texas
But i feel yalls pain bout not drivin the stang around for awhile. Had to keep mine in the garage while i was workin under the hood and underneath the car. 3 months of pain
It felt so good bringin her out, bright sunny day, freshly detailed car, and 460 horses just waiting to be unleashed >
Old 1/18/11 | 05:33 AM
GT Member

No withdrawal here - I'm still driving mine. Although the thought just struck me that I may leave her in the garage during spring hail season.
Old 1/18/11 | 05:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

whats stopping you from driving it?? A little salt that will wash right off. Unpark that thang and drive it
Old 1/18/11 | 05:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Not for me. New rims, snow tires and I am out driving. Had no problems with driving in the snow and we have had plenty where I live.
Old 1/18/11 | 06:03 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't have an issue with driving it in the snow,

it's the salt I have an issue with...after driving a car in salt for a while it takes a toll not only on the body, but all the suspension components, and exhuast components as well. My 10 year old maxima was eaten alive, and I took good care of it.

I keep my brand new vert safe and sound during the winter...I have a Saab 9-3 to do winter duty
Old 1/18/11 | 07:52 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LLZuB
I don't have an issue with driving it in the snow,

it's the salt I have an issue with...after driving a car in salt for a while it takes a toll not only on the body, but all the suspension components, and exhuast components as well. My 10 year old maxima was eaten alive, and I took good care of it.

What he said...
Old 1/18/11 | 08:27 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by laserred38
....you guys should move or something
I hate snow, but I love my job
I'll deal with the snow.

And quit whining burlington-boy... you've gotten away with VERY little by comparison to 100km north of T.dot :P
Old 1/18/11 | 08:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Mine's been parked for the better part of three weeks. Been snowing here in PA every few days it seems like.

I took it out for a few drives last week when the roads were salt-free, but there was still snow on the grass.

I don't have the benefit of owning a garage, so I just cover it up and park it on the grass. I let my 94 Explorer take the punishment of the winter driving.
Old 1/18/11 | 08:50 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

I guess a lot of therapy will help you get through the winter . During the 55 days it took for my Mustang to get made and delivered to me i had three suicide attempts and four nervous breakdowns . My therapist tells me i'm better now . Except for the voices in my head .

Old 1/18/11 | 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by David Young
I guess a lot of therapy will help you get through the winter . During the 55 days it took for my Mustang to get made and delivered to me i had three suicide attempts and four nervous breakdowns . My therapist tells me i'm better now . Except for the voices in my head .
What's your therapist's phone number? I have been experiencing all of the above. Last drive in my 5.0 was Nov. 13, at about 3:17 pm. It started snowing Nov.14 and I haven't seen the pavement of my street since. I want to drive my car so badly!
Old 1/18/11 | 09:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Bert
I'm not sure which is worse, putting the 'stang away and suffering withdrawal or driving it through the winter?

For me the choice was easy, since it was either (a) Mustang as a DD and drive it through the winter, or (b) no Mustang at all.

RWD in snow is fun, you should try it sometime!
Still trying to learn that. I've been going out when there is a dusking to try her out. I bet you'll have fun with the storm we're getting today!

Quick Reply: I miss my Mustang