Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I got rev'd up by a Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/12, 05:27 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Respectfully, What occupation allows you to make six figures with just a bachelors?

I have a few framed pieces of paper myself but still have to clip coupons and buy the two ply instead of the three ply.
Nothing wrong with that. Wifey is staying home soon... So, I will be in the same boat
Old 11/15/12, 06:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Respectfully, What occupation allows you to make six figures with just a bachelors?

I have a few framed pieces of paper myself but still have to clip coupons and buy the two ply instead of the three ply.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Information Technology, where six figures is an easily obtainable salary.

In IT experience is more important than degrees. I haven't even finished my Bachelors yet.
Old 11/15/12, 07:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want a horn that just emits a loud laugh, for ricers and what not, maybe ending with, "Really?"
Old 11/15/12, 09:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I make 6 figures and I only have an associates degree. A degree gets you in the door but hard work moves you up the ladder. I've busted my *** to get here. I work as an information management advisor for a Fortune 500.
Old 11/15/12, 11:50 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelman
I want a horn that just emits a loud laugh, for ricers and what not, maybe ending with, "Really?"
Old 11/15/12, 12:54 PM
GT Member

Why everytimes the Chinese ( i am also a Chinese) try to race with me, even a fvking BMW 328 with Auto.

I have to admit that my right hand is not as quickly as his auto tranmission. But how the dare!!!!!
Old 11/15/12, 02:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Funny story that happened to me yesterday...I was walking out to the parking garage where my car is located and overheard a guy talking to three or four other guys about this car he had just bought. I hear Camaro, awesome, power better than any Mustang on the lot...at which point I become interested. So I walk over and listen to him, and he goes on about this brand new Camaro SS he just bought and modded, how it puts out over 500 rwhp, how it's so much more powerful than a Mustang 5.0, how there isn't a single car on the lot that can touch it on the dyno. Through the course of the conversation, I find out his parents bought him the car, which is what I had assumed since he's clearly just out of high school. One of the guys standing there says, "There are over 1000 cars on the campus (university)." A valid point, and I thought it would shut his mouth but it only encouraged him. His response: "Man, seriously, you find a single, solitary car that belongs to someone here (meaning a student/professor/employee, I later clarified) that's faster than mine, I'll buy them a tank of gas and a case of their favorite beer."

In what I can only describe as my one moment of cinematic genius, I walk over and tell him, "I'll be your Huckleberry."

He said, "What, you wanna race me?" I said, "No. I want to see if my car is more powerful than yours. Let's go to the shop that you had your car dyno'd and I'll bring mine along and we can run the cars there to see who has the higher numbers. That way no one gets arrested and no one gets killed." I even offered to pay for a run of his car if he couldn't. Turned out he was burning a hole through daddy's credit card and didn't mind using it to pay for another dyno, so he gave the the address. His one condition was that it had to be a car on the lot, not in my garage. I said that's fine, one of your friends can ride over there with me. He said that was fine. His car was in the back lot and he didn't know mine was in the parking garage right next to us. His friend of course was telling me there's no way I'm going to out-power his car, it's over 100 hp higher than a stock SS, lots of mods, etc. I tell his friend to send this guy a text asking if I can produce a stock car that's more powerful than his, will he up the amount to two cases of beer? The guy says "oh heck yeah. Psh. There's NOTHING that will touch that car stock except a ZL1. Wait, you don't have a ZL1, do you?" I chuckle and say, "No, no ZL1. " He sends the text, and of course the reply comes back, "F*** yeah I'll take that guy's beer money!" At this point we have arrived on the 3rd floor of the garage, one below the roof level (I never park on the roof), and I start walking down the ramp to the far end, where there are usually several spaces open next to each other. He sees my car, and says, "Is that your Mustang? Dude, no way you're going to...wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????? Holy S***, you have a SHELBY?!?!? Dude, that's YOUR CAR?!?!? Holy S*** man, your car's an urban legend!!!! People all over campus have been saying they've seen a Black and Red '13 Shelby on campus, but no one ever knows where to find it!!! Holy S***, Doug (the guy who was bragging about his SS) is going to S*** himself!!" I told him not to tell Doug about it, to let him find out when I drive up to the shop, because I want to see his face when he finds out. I tell him I have no intention of making him buy gas or beer for me, I just want to teach him a lesson in humility and tact. He said, "Man, Doug's gonna be PISSED," but he was grinning when he said it, clearly anticipating the same thing I was--a crestfallen Doug who realizes he's been had. We get in the car, and I do some spirited driving, he likes it, etc., then we pull into the parking lot of this shop. He's around back, because I can see his car through the shop and he's got his back to me. I drive around to the side of the shop and rev my engine to 5000 rpm quickly, then let rumble out, coasting around the turn. The look on the guy's face was PRICELESS. If I wasn't driving, I'd have taken a picture with my phone. It was the classic "Oh, S***, I just got punked" look. I'm proud of my car, excessively so in some cases, but that experience was easily the biggest kick I've gotten out of owning this car to date, outside of the kick I get every time I accelerate hard of course. I broke the news that I wasn't going to make him pay up, just wanted him to realize that there's *always* a more powerful car around the corner, and to be happy with what he has, or to get something that will make him happy, not judge his car based against anyone else's. He was appreciative, and glad I wasn't an *** about it too; I didn't see the need, especially considering the hit his ego took when he saw--and heard--my car at the shop. Needless to say, we didn't even run the cars on the dyno.

But honestly, I don't think I'll ever have the perfect timing and response like I did when I told the guy, "I'll be you're Huckleberry." LOL...that still makes me cackle.
Best. Story. Ever.

I had a camaro last weekend tailgating me for awhile on the freeway then overtake me on the fast lane. My vanity plate probably attracts most of these guys but once he went back in the lane I was in I dropped her into fourth and gunned it, swiftly overtaking him. Maybe he heard the KB whine because he left me alone after that. Oh and I had the cuttouts open. :P
Old 11/16/12, 08:24 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Last night, I was meeting up with my wife and kids for dinner. On the way there, I noticed a silver Lexus (I think it was an es350 or something like that), a relatively new one, say 2010 or so, tailing me pretty hard. I look at the driver via rear view, and he's a relatively middleaged man...you know a typical lexus driver. lol. I think nothing of it, then at a stoplight he pulls up next to me, and starts REVVING his engine. I usually don't look at drivers next to me, but I laughed to myself and said WTF. Light turns green, and he FLOORS it. I didn't do nothing because I don't participate in that kind of stuff AND I was still laughing. He continued on his merry way.

I just thought this was hilarious. A Lexus owner? As Keyshawn says, "COME ON MAN".

Does this happen to you guys too? Maybe he was just jelly of my new borlas looks and sound? Lol
u should've smoked his ***... its your duty as a 5.0 owner ; ) I'm always down for a quick drag, on the street or freeway though its usually only other stangs that have the ***** to go at it : )
Old 11/19/12, 01:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackbird.
Best. Story. Ever.

I had a camaro last weekend tailgating me for awhile on the freeway then overtake me on the fast lane. My vanity plate probably attracts most of these guys but once he went back in the lane I was in I dropped her into fourth and gunned it, swiftly overtaking him. Maybe he heard the KB whine because he left me alone after that. Oh and I had the cuttouts open. :P

Every once in a while I get people up beside me who rev me but I know the result of any race with any car that doesn't have Ferrari on the nameplate; there's no point in encouraging someone who is willing to take risks with other people's lives that I'm not willing to take. Now, Mustangs that rev me will get one back, and usually a thumbs-up, to which they return the jesture. If we end up at a stoplight, they'll compliment the car, and I'll return the compliment saying it's always good seeing another Mustang. I passed a Roush at a stoplight the other day going the other way, revved at him and he responded by doing the same and giving me the thumbs-up. Amusingly, it was with a camaro sitting right behind him. I imagine that driver felt a little small with over 1000 hp of Mustangs thumping their chests...
Old 11/19/12, 06:21 PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kzlg3oQ...3Dkzlg3oQMze4#
Old 11/20/12, 08:34 AM
V6 Member

I am 23, second yr out of college I make six figures too
I studied finance & auditing
Really wanted the new shelby but too much school loan to pay back, so went ahead with the GT
Old 11/20/12, 08:57 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkKnight
I am 23, second yr out of college I make six figures too
I studied finance & auditing
Really wanted the new shelby but too much school loan to pay back, so went ahead with the GT
You should thank your lucky stars with this economy!
Old 11/20/12, 10:31 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
when did this thread turn into the look at me and what I do thread?
Old 11/20/12, 10:58 AM
V6 Member

You should thank your lucky stars with this economy!
I am in Canada, so the recession did not hit us hard
thanks to our strict banking policy
we only hav 5 banks here and are governed closely by the government
compared to thousands of banks in the states running diff games
Old 11/20/12, 11:40 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The population is really different tho. Five banks and government control is a different ball game.

USA
311,591,917 - Jul 2011
Source: U.S. Census Bureau

Canada
34,482,779 - 2011
Source: World Bank
Old 11/3/13, 11:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TomServo92
I had a guy in a '99 - '04 GT rev me at a light. I laughed and let him go. My wife's comment: "What a douche!",

BTW, if anyone remembers the YouTube video of the two silver Corvettes that crashed while street racing, the above occurred within a mile or so of where that happened, I'm not stupid enough to follow in their footsteps.

I remember that!
I was actually thinking of that while reading all these replies.

I honestly... don't get much. Like of anything!

I don't know if it's because my apartment sits in the middle of a ritzy area where everyone drives silver, cream, or black german cars or what but I don't think people can even see my car.

The most I got was on my way from Houston to Lafayette, an old timer in an old late '60s something with monster rear tires and a just menacing rake and appearance kept with me (going with traffic but sticking together) and in the end as we split gave each other a nod and thumbs up.
I wish I could have figured out what it was... It had the look of a 66ish Chevelle but idk...

EDIT: Ah-ha! I was close. 1966 Impala 2-dr

Last edited by Krohn; 11/3/13 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11/4/13, 08:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Krohn
I remember that! I was actually thinking of that while reading all these replies. I honestly... don't get much. Like of anything! I don't know if it's because my apartment sits in the middle of a ritzy area where everyone drives silver, cream, or black german cars or what but I don't think people can even see my car. The most I got was on my way from Houston to Lafayette, an old timer in an old late '60s something with monster rear tires and a just menacing rake and appearance kept with me (going with traffic but sticking together) and in the end as we split gave each other a nod and thumbs up. I wish I could have figured out what it was... It had the look of a 66ish Chevelle but idk... EDIT: Ah-ha! I was close. 1966 Impala 2-dr
I've had a BMW 3 series coupe rev me at light. I also had an older Maxima try to keep when I was in a hurry to get somewhere. I guess Race Red just attracts that kind of attention.
Old 11/4/13, 11:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Betsy2013GT
u should've smoked his ***... its your duty as a 5.0 owner ; ) I'm always down for a quick drag, on the street or freeway though its usually only other stangs that have the ***** to go at it : )
^^^^^This! Unless your inner child is pushing up the daisies, you should have smoked him. What good is having your newly installed supercharger if you aren't going to use it to represent your fellow mustang owners.
Old 11/4/13, 04:35 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Betsy2013GT
Originally Posted by V6 Driver
^^^^^This! Unless your inner child is pushing up the daisies, you should have smoked him. What good is having your newly installed supercharger if you aren't going to use it to represent your fellow mustang owners.
Lol... This was last year. I didn't have my "ammo" back then
Old 11/4/13, 07:25 PM

I don't have this problem with my V6 Still love my car!! Maybe one of these days I will be able to afford the V8.

Quick Reply: I got rev'd up by a Lexus