Search this Thread

Old 11/12/12, 08:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one has tried to race me yet, just a 11-12 v6 stang :/
Old 11/13/12, 01:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to see that TMS will not tollerate street racing. Too many innocent folks get hurt or killed by it.
Old 11/13/12, 10:51 PM
Bullitt Member

i find late model Audis and BMWs like to tail gate really hard, maybe Jeremy Clarkson was right about people who drive Audis are ***** ; )
Old 11/13/12, 11:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I got the ricer flyby from two WRXs this morning. When we met at the next light, I just gave a little rev, looked over at them and laughed.
Old 11/13/12, 11:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by airoscar
i find late model Audis and BMWs like to tail gate really hard, maybe Jeremy Clarkson was right about people who drive Audis are ***** ; )
now that you bring it up, a BMW tried to race me and others have tailgated pretty bad hah
Old 11/14/12, 04:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mopar?
now that you bring it up, a BMW tried to race me and others have tailgated pretty bad hah
Smile and let them go. You potentially saved a life. Unfortunatly, stupid folks like them breed, and bring about more stupid people into this world.
Old 11/14/12, 07:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I had a guy in a '99 - '04 GT rev me at a light. I laughed and let him go. My wife's comment: "What a douche!",

BTW, if anyone remembers the YouTube video of the two silver Corvettes that crashed while street racing, the above occurred within a mile or so of where that happened, I'm not stupid enough to follow in their footsteps.
Old 11/14/12, 08:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
most recently i was caught at a light with a Scion of some sort with ground effects and all. Pulled up next to me and i looked over just to look and the guy had the look on his face of " im gonna take you" what he failed to notice was the cop coming up behind us, and i did. He gunned it, i didn't move at all. Cop pulls him over right away and i drive rather slowly by him and give him a thumbs up.

Over the summer also had Ferrari 458 Spyder taunting me. And every chance i got i just shook my head... really? your car is on a different level than mine... why even try?
Old 11/14/12, 08:35 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Heck my cars get revved in parking lots. I found the best way to **** off someone who is showing off is to intentionally look the other way as they rev you.

Ricer did that to me at Kroger yesterday as I walked to my car. I stopped and turned the other way...then the idiot circled back and tried to do it again. He got my back again...then peeled out down the highway.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 11/14/12 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11/14/12, 09:48 AM
V6 Member

Idk... I had a new 5.0 rev at me. At that point, i wish i had a sign that said "don't be stupid, see you at the track if you want." I just shook my head, and went on my way. It was probably his father's car.
Old 11/14/12, 03:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Funny story that happened to me yesterday...I was walking out to the parking garage where my car is located and overheard a guy talking to three or four other guys about this car he had just bought. I hear Camaro, awesome, power better than any Mustang on the lot...at which point I become interested. So I walk over and listen to him, and he goes on about this brand new Camaro SS he just bought and modded, how it puts out over 500 rwhp, how it's so much more powerful than a Mustang 5.0, how there isn't a single car on the lot that can touch it on the dyno. Through the course of the conversation, I find out his parents bought him the car, which is what I had assumed since he's clearly just out of high school. One of the guys standing there says, "There are over 1000 cars on the campus (university)." A valid point, and I thought it would shut his mouth but it only encouraged him. His response: "Man, seriously, you find a single, solitary car that belongs to someone here (meaning a student/professor/employee, I later clarified) that's faster than mine, I'll buy them a tank of gas and a case of their favorite beer."

In what I can only describe as my one moment of cinematic genius, I walk over and tell him, "I'll be your Huckleberry."

He said, "What, you wanna race me?" I said, "No. I want to see if my car is more powerful than yours. Let's go to the shop that you had your car dyno'd and I'll bring mine along and we can run the cars there to see who has the higher numbers. That way no one gets arrested and no one gets killed." I even offered to pay for a run of his car if he couldn't. Turned out he was burning a hole through daddy's credit card and didn't mind using it to pay for another dyno, so he gave the the address. His one condition was that it had to be a car on the lot, not in my garage. I said that's fine, one of your friends can ride over there with me. He said that was fine. His car was in the back lot and he didn't know mine was in the parking garage right next to us. His friend of course was telling me there's no way I'm going to out-power his car, it's over 100 hp higher than a stock SS, lots of mods, etc. I tell his friend to send this guy a text asking if I can produce a stock car that's more powerful than his, will he up the amount to two cases of beer? The guy says "oh heck yeah. Psh. There's NOTHING that will touch that car stock except a ZL1. Wait, you don't have a ZL1, do you?" I chuckle and say, "No, no ZL1. " He sends the text, and of course the reply comes back, "F*** yeah I'll take that guy's beer money!" At this point we have arrived on the 3rd floor of the garage, one below the roof level (I never park on the roof), and I start walking down the ramp to the far end, where there are usually several spaces open next to each other. He sees my car, and says, "Is that your Mustang? Dude, no way you're going to...wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????? Holy S***, you have a SHELBY?!?!? Dude, that's YOUR CAR?!?!? Holy S*** man, your car's an urban legend!!!! People all over campus have been saying they've seen a Black and Red '13 Shelby on campus, but no one ever knows where to find it!!! Holy S***, Doug (the guy who was bragging about his SS) is going to S*** himself!!" I told him not to tell Doug about it, to let him find out when I drive up to the shop, because I want to see his face when he finds out. I tell him I have no intention of making him buy gas or beer for me, I just want to teach him a lesson in humility and tact. He said, "Man, Doug's gonna be PISSED," but he was grinning when he said it, clearly anticipating the same thing I was--a crestfallen Doug who realizes he's been had. We get in the car, and I do some spirited driving, he likes it, etc., then we pull into the parking lot of this shop. He's around back, because I can see his car through the shop and he's got his back to me. I drive around to the side of the shop and rev my engine to 5000 rpm quickly, then let rumble out, coasting around the turn. The look on the guy's face was PRICELESS. If I wasn't driving, I'd have taken a picture with my phone. It was the classic "Oh, S***, I just got punked" look. I'm proud of my car, excessively so in some cases, but that experience was easily the biggest kick I've gotten out of owning this car to date, outside of the kick I get every time I accelerate hard of course. I broke the news that I wasn't going to make him pay up, just wanted him to realize that there's *always* a more powerful car around the corner, and to be happy with what he has, or to get something that will make him happy, not judge his car based against anyone else's. He was appreciative, and glad I wasn't an *** about it too; I didn't see the need, especially considering the hit his ego took when he saw--and heard--my car at the shop. Needless to say, we didn't even run the cars on the dyno.

But honestly, I don't think I'll ever have the perfect timing and response like I did when I told the guy, "I'll be you're Huckleberry." LOL...that still makes me cackle.
Old 11/14/12, 04:20 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Funny story that happened to me yesterday...I was walking out to the parking garage where my car is located and overheard a guy talking to three or four other guys about this car he had just bought. I hear Camaro, awesome, power better than any Mustang on the lot...at which point I become interested. So I walk over and listen to him, and he goes on about this brand new Camaro SS he just bought and modded, how it puts out over 500 rwhp, how it's so much more powerful than a Mustang 5.0, how there isn't a single car on the lot that can touch it on the dyno. Through the course of the conversation, I find out his parents bought him the car, which is what I had assumed since he's clearly just out of high school. One of the guys standing there says, "There are over 1000 cars on the campus (university)." A valid point, and I thought it would shut his mouth but it only encouraged him. His response: "Man, seriously, you find a single, solitary car that belongs to someone here (meaning a student/professor/employee, I later clarified) that's faster than mine, I'll buy them a tank of gas and a case of their favorite beer."

In what I can only describe as my one moment of cinematic genius, I walk over and tell him, "I'll be your Huckleberry."

He said, "What, you wanna race me?" I said, "No. I want to see if my car is more powerful than yours. Let's go to the shop that you had your car dyno'd and I'll bring mine along and we can run the cars there to see who has the higher numbers. That way no one gets arrested and no one gets killed." I even offered to pay for a run of his car if he couldn't. Turned out he was burning a hole through daddy's credit card and didn't mind using it to pay for another dyno, so he gave the the address. His one condition was that it had to be a car on the lot, not in my garage. I said that's fine, one of your friends can ride over there with me. He said that was fine. His car was in the back lot and he didn't know mine was in the parking garage right next to us. His friend of course was telling me there's no way I'm going to out-power his car, it's over 100 hp higher than a stock SS, lots of mods, etc. I tell his friend to send this guy a text asking if I can produce a stock car that's more powerful than his, will he up the amount to two cases of beer? The guy says "oh heck yeah. Psh. There's NOTHING that will touch that car stock except a ZL1. Wait, you don't have a ZL1, do you?" I chuckle and say, "No, no ZL1. " He sends the text, and of course the reply comes back, "F*** yeah I'll take that guy's beer money!" At this point we have arrived on the 3rd floor of the garage, one below the roof level (I never park on the roof), and I start walking down the ramp to the far end, where there are usually several spaces open next to each other. He sees my car, and says, "Is that your Mustang? Dude, no way you're going to...wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????? Holy S***, you have a SHELBY?!?!? Dude, that's YOUR CAR?!?!? Holy S*** man, your car's an urban legend!!!! People all over campus have been saying they've seen a Black and Red '13 Shelby on campus, but no one ever knows where to find it!!! Holy S***, Doug (the guy who was bragging about his SS) is going to S*** himself!!" I told him not to tell Doug about it, to let him find out when I drive up to the shop, because I want to see his face when he finds out. I tell him I have no intention of making him buy gas or beer for me, I just want to teach him a lesson in humility and tact. He said, "Man, Doug's gonna be PISSED," but he was grinning when he said it, clearly anticipating the same thing I was--a crestfallen Doug who realizes he's been had. We get in the car, and I do some spirited driving, he likes it, etc., then we pull into the parking lot of this shop. He's around back, because I can see his car through the shop and he's got his back to me. I drive around to the side of the shop and rev my engine to 5000 rpm quickly, then let rumble out, coasting around the turn. The look on the guy's face was PRICELESS. If I wasn't driving, I'd have taken a picture with my phone. It was the classic "Oh, S***, I just got punked" look. I'm proud of my car, excessively so in some cases, but that experience was easily the biggest kick I've gotten out of owning this car to date, outside of the kick I get every time I accelerate hard of course. I broke the news that I wasn't going to make him pay up, just wanted him to realize that there's *always* a more powerful car around the corner, and to be happy with what he has, or to get something that will make him happy, not judge his car based against anyone else's. He was appreciative, and glad I wasn't an *** about it too; I didn't see the need, especially considering the hit his ego took when he saw--and heard--my car at the shop. Needless to say, we didn't even run the cars on the dyno.

But honestly, I don't think I'll ever have the perfect timing and response like I did when I told the guy, "I'll be you're Huckleberry." LOL...that still makes me cackle.
AWESOME story!

I'm glad I didn't go the TL: DR route lol

Last edited by stangfoeva; 11/14/12 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11/14/12, 05:08 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
LOL - great story!!! Punk kids these days
Old 11/14/12, 08:54 PM
Banned

Youre in college and you have a gt500? Whaaaaaat! You must be in soooo much debt lol if not then thats badass. This story seems so fake too but im in college and i see douches talking like this all the time so i believe it
Old 11/14/12, 09:05 PM

Heck for what I pay in child support, I could be driving a Shelby on each foot. That's a lesson they don't teach you in college.

Marriage and divorce 101
Old 11/14/12, 11:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by mopar?
Youre in college and you have a gt500? Whaaaaaat! You must be in soooo much debt lol if not then thats badass. This story seems so fake too but im in college and i see douches talking like this all the time so i believe it
I'm 38, have a career and I'm going to grad school now to earn a master's and later a doctoral degree in my field. I make six figures and I have absolutely zero debt. My house is paid for, the Shelby was paid for with cash and I have more than enough in my retirement fund that, if I so choose, I can retire in 20 years. All of this is possible because my wife works as well and we don't have children--not because we don't want them but because she can't have them. The grad degrees will allow me to advance in my field as well as diversify--I'm a fluid dynamics engineer but I am also the lead software engineer for my firm, which is heavily contracted by the DoD. Trust me, I am absolutely the exception to every other college student.

Last edited by kcoTiger; 11/14/12 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11/15/12, 12:09 AM
GT Member

I'm 38, have a career and I'm going to grad school now to earn a master's and later a doctoral degree in my field. I make six figures and I have absolutely zero debt. My house is paid for, the Shelby was paid for with cash and I have more than enough in my retirement fund that, if I so choose, I can retire in 20 years. All of this is possible because my wife works as well and we don't have children--not because we don't want them but because she can't have them. The grad degrees will allow me to advance in my field as well as diversify--I'm a fluid dynamics engineer but I am also the lead software engineer for my firm, which is heavily contracted by the DoD. Trust me, I am absolutely the exception to every other college student.
Wow someone doesn't like to brag. Lol jk but wow! congrats on having it all planned out, sorry about the kids though. .
Old 11/15/12, 12:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by mac951
Wow someone doesn't like to brag. Lol jk but wow! congrats on having it all planned out, sorry about the kids though. .
Not bragging, the money is nice but it's just a means to an end. I prefer to maintain a very small amount of debt on credit cards and some loans to maintain my credit; other than that, I pay for everything with cash. So much less expensive and so much less bothersome than having a bill that shows up to my house every month for eternity. Anyway, I felt it necessary to point out that I'm not a 20-year old kid with a Shelby; there are a few of us around who carry jobs and go to school simultaneously.

We've considered adopting, but we were never committed to it enough when we were younger, and now that I'm 38, if I were to adopt a child, I'd be in my late 50's by the time they graduated high school. It's not a terrible thing, but it's peculiar and it's also a lot of work for someone who's never had kids before and is getting up in years--the older you get, the less stamina you have to do the things required of a parent. It's still a possibility, but I'm not counting on it at this point. Just the way life goes sometimes.

Last edited by kcoTiger; 11/15/12 at 12:20 AM.
Old 11/15/12, 12:22 AM

Respectfully, What occupation allows you to make six figures with just a bachelors?

I have a few framed pieces of paper myself but still have to clip coupons and buy the two ply instead of the three ply.
Old 11/15/12, 01:32 AM
Banned

Well now I know alot more than I probably should by 90% but good stuff. Im 20 and have my lil '13 v6 premium pony 30% paid for in 2 months. I can do this because I get paid to go to school :3
Sorry about the kids issue. Sounds like youre living a great life financially, hoping to do the same as time progresses. Cant do engineering because Im terrible at math though

Quick Reply: I got rev'd up by a Lexus