Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I either have the worst luck in the world or Ford just makes crappy cars

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/10, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Are you sure this story is for real Mr. SS man?? Cause on another thread there's odds you're a Camaro plant. LOL
Are you sure SSImaniac is Camaro related or this guy gets a crazy check from the government? Social Security Insurance Maniac

Just kidding btw!
Old 9/20/10, 05:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Now let's not jump to any conclusions. I still think you could work it out, I'd just hate to see stuff go badly. Just don't do something rash and end up with two car payments or anything crazy. Will you at least be able to get all your money back?
Old 9/20/10, 07:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sucks, but if your upset over Ford quality, might want to do some research on Audi's before you buy one as well.
Old 9/20/10, 08:28 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by yur1279
Sucks, but if your upset over Ford quality, might want to do some research on Audi's before you buy one as well.
hahaha true story! Although no doubt audi has increased its quality over the years, their crap reputation from some friends is imbedded in my mind and I wouldn't touch one of them if a Camaro owner bought me one!
Old 9/21/10, 12:53 PM
Banned

I need some help from someone familiar with transmissions.

Service guy called me and said instead of taking the tranny apart and changing necessary parts, ford sent a brand new transmission. I assume new clutch and everything else in it.

Can someone give me more insight on this? Should I consider taking the car back, or just let it be. I didn't want the car back if they were going to rebuild the tranny. However, now that they just need to put the new one in...I don't know. Could more problems arise from this?

Thanks for your inputs.
Old 9/21/10, 12:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ssimaniac
I need some help from someone familiar with transmissions.

Service guy called me and said instead of taking the tranny apart and changing necessary parts, ford sent a brand new transmission. I assume new clutch and everything else in it.

Can someone give me more insight on this? Should I consider taking the car back, or just let it be. I didn't want the car back if they were going to rebuild the tranny. However, now that they just need to put the new one in...I don't know. Could more problems arise from this?

Thanks for your inputs.
When Ford replaced my transmission at 700 miles ... the work order indicated Transmission R&R only ... they did not replace the clutch or throw-out bearing ... just the tranny.

I not have put 3000 miles on the car since the transmission replacement with no further issues.
Old 9/21/10, 01:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

instead of taking the tranny apart and changing necessary parts, ford sent a brand new transmission. I assume new clutch and everything else in it.

Can someone give me more insight on this? Should I consider taking the car back, or just let it be. I
Take the new Trans and put it behind you. No reason to expect it won't be like brand new again. This is how warranty works and what it's for.. No need for a new clutch...You've got, what? 100 miles on that one?
Old 9/21/10, 01:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The only issue with replacing the entire transmission is that you will no longer have a "numbers matching" car. That would only make a difference twenty or thirty years from now if you try to sell the car as a collector item. Otherwise, it's a simple replacement that pretty much guarantees proper alignment and clearances.
Old 9/21/10, 01:27 PM
Banned

I asked about the clutch as well and the service adviser said yes to that. I wanted clutch replaced because I'm sure it was damaged when the gears kept popping out. The service guys kept testing it as well, I wouldn't want damaged clutch back on with new tranny.
Old 9/21/10, 01:59 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wanted clutch replaced because I'm sure it was damaged when the gears kept popping out.
If it simply popped out of gear there would be zero damage to the clutch because it was still fully engaged with the flywheel.
Old 9/21/10, 02:01 PM
Banned

Thanks for quick info fellas.

I'm stuck debating if I should get it back or not. The negatives outweigh the positives. I just hope after this, the car won't have any other problems. If it does, I'm driving it into the dealerships showroom right into the sales tower podium.

Gonna ask them to detail it, clean it so I can take proper delivery. I will see if I can knock the price down some more too. I appreciate all the help.
Old 11/18/10, 02:02 PM

Hi guys replying to this post because i can't find the post i posted,anyway regarding leaking water in my 05 mustang.I just found out what was wrong.on the passenger and driver side fire wall there are these rubber gromits.i pulled them out and water came pouring out of both sides.both where clogged up i cleaned blew out the cowl and put back in.i hope this helps
Old 11/18/10, 02:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

SSI do we have a update on your progress???? whatever happened with this???