2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

I either have the worst luck in the world or Ford just makes crappy cars

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/10, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I either have the worst luck in the world or Ford just makes crappy cars

Ok. *deep breath*

I had a 2006 mustang for 4 years. A week after I bought the car it started having issues. Ford replaced the drive-train, transmission, clutch. Those were only the beginning of my problems.

14 times in for water leaks, both the passenger and driver side. Total time in shop, 60 days in 4 years. After my 3 year warranty ran out (and being an idiot I was unaware of the lemon law) I didn't qualify for the lemon law. About 6 months ago I sued Ford for damages, under the Magnum-Moss Warranty Act. I settled with Ford for cash.

Like an idiot, I used that money and the money from selling my 2006 to a new 2011 Mustang GT 5.0. I took delivery on Tuesday. I had the car for 1 hour and loved it! However, the first gear kept popping out when I would release the clutch and press the gas pedal. It just pops out like it wasn't in the right gear. The transmission would make a horrible noise like you're forcing the shifter in without pressing the clutch. It did this 3/4 times out of 10. Not normal. After having the car for 8 hours I took it back to the dealership.

2 days in the shop, they don't know what's wrong with it. The tech was able to replicate it but still, nothing. I was told they have to hold my car until tomorrow since a Ford engineer has to come out and take a look at it, being the new car/trans and all.

Boy I tell ya, I'm furious. 40k car and I didn't even have it for a full day. I don't know what my options are. Can I just demand for the dealership to take this crap back? Why would I want to keep it now, when it's brand new and it has transmission problems ALREADY. I talked to my lawyer and he can't do anything at this point. They have to try and repair it 3 times for the same problem or 30 days in shop to qualify for lemon. Ironic, really.

I don't mean to attack any of your mustangs but I have the worst luck in picking cars. The worst.

I want to exchange this stupid car for a brand new one from Ford factory. Is there any way that's possible?

Last edited by ssimaniac; 9/16/10 at 01:26 PM.
Old 9/16/10, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Man, sorry to hear about this, I can only imagine the frustration. A guess lightning struck twice. Good luck, hope things get worked out soon.
Old 9/16/10, 01:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Really bad luck I'd say, plenty people here haven't had any issues at all. Hope they get it fixed for you.
Old 9/16/10, 01:37 PM
Cobra Member

Dude, that just sounds brutal man.

Hopefully your luck will turn around, so that you can enjoy what a fantastic car this really is. (When it is working preperly)

I DEF would change the dealer u purchase your cars from though, lol.
Old 9/16/10, 01:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

**** man that sucks.

Just be patient and hopefully they can get this all worked out.
Old 9/16/10, 01:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Uh, how many miles did you put on the car? Depends on the state/contract you signed, but usually between 100-500 miles and 3 business days, you have the option to literally hand the car back, contract null.
Old 9/16/10, 01:52 PM
Banned

I put about 100 miles on it. But when I took delivery it had 300 on the car (it had to be delivered from another dealership).

I just got an update that there's def something wrong with trans and shifter so Ford wants it back to HQ. And they will replace a new trans/shifter in it. Wow, what a bunch of BS! I asked for them to take the whole stupid car back and send me a brand spanking new one.
Old 9/16/10, 01:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by KonaBlue5.0
Uh, how many miles did you put on the car? Depends on the state/contract you signed, but usually between 100-500 miles and 3 business days, you have the option to literally hand the car back, contract null.
Urban legend. There is no buyer's remorse law that applies to vehicles in any state. You sign the contract - the car is yours. (Does not apply to special promotions such as Chrysler's satisfaction guarantee.) Buyers remorse covers mortgage refinancing and certain unsolicited sales (such as door-to-door) but no other products, and especially not cars.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 9/16/10 at 01:58 PM.
Old 9/16/10, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
I put about 100 miles on it. But when I took delivery it had 300 on the car (it had to be delivered from another dealership).

I just got an update that there's def something wrong with trans and shifter so Ford wants it back to HQ. And they will replace a new trans/shifter in it. Wow, what a bunch of BS! I asked for them to take the whole stupid car back and send me a brand spanking new one.
Just be happy Ford is recognizing that there is a problem and they are going to do something about it.

So you are saying they are going to ship it back to Michigan and have a new transmission put in there? And then ship it back to you?
Old 9/16/10, 02:05 PM
Banned

No. The dealer will install the new tran/clutch/shifter.

They just want to have the old parts back to examine it. What's the point. Don't they realize it's a new car and they accommodate the customer? Take the whole car back. I don't want it. This is not the right foot to start off on.
Old 9/16/10, 02:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

It only extends as far as the dealership's property. Once driven off the lot the contract is finalized. Mostly there to make sure the buyer knows what he/she is buying and doesn't get screwed by a dealer trying to pass off a car that won't even start. Past that point though there's not much you can push them for other than what's in the warranty contract, or other promotions as mentioned.

Still, at least you'll probably have the actual engineers taking the car apart and putting it back together with brand new stuff.
Old 9/16/10, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
No. The dealer will install the new tran/clutch/shifter.

They just want to have the old parts back to examine it. What's the point. Don't they realize it's a new car and they accommodate the customer? Take the whole car back. I don't want it. This is not the right foot to start off on.
Well it would be nice to get a whole new car, but for many reasons they can't do that. If they did, everytime someone had an issue within the first few days they'd want the same treatment.

Ford is doing right by replacing the parts that are defective. The parts will still be under the same warranty so you are covered.

Just hope if it is a recurring problem it does so in a timeframe where lemon law will kick in.
Old 9/16/10, 02:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, sorry to hear that man. ive had 2 mustangs so far and both have never given me a problem. Thats why I just ordered a 5.0 a few days ago
Old 9/16/10, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the bright side...

I feel your pain, but on the bright side, you have a truly awesome car - black w/ red leather??? Stunning combo on a world class ride. I know you mentioned you had some issues with your 2006 Mustang but surely you had lots of great times and great memories. The key is to seperate the ugly (a sad fact of life in any situation) from the beautiful.

I have had problems with Hondas, an Acura and Chrystler, don't get me started on the Pentastar...but in the end, they will make it right and you may enjoy your 5.0 beast for years to come. Sorry for your luck.
Old 9/16/10, 02:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I had trouble with a Mercury Sable I bought ,After the service dept got there hands on it, Well everything got worse, Ford bought car back AND gave me 1,500 towards another car.
Old 9/16/10, 02:43 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this is beyond frustrating but just hang in there. The fact that they're going to shotgun the whole deal is pretty sweet really. In 1986 when I bought my brand new Mustang GT, about 1,300 miles later I had a U-joint freeze up on me. That u-joint ended up starting a war of wars. Because the u-joint froze up while I was trying to go on a business trip, the subsiquent vibrations caused major damage to the yoke, the trans etc. That POS dealership tried to fix that transmission no lie about 6 times. They simply would not replace entire assemblies back then. Their position was it was fixable. SURE! In the mean time I spend gaping like 30-50 day periods without a brand new car I was making payments on. In the end, the crappy seal job they did between the main body of the trans and the tail stock gave way and I drove the car an hour with no fluid...AGAIN. I didn't bother going back to them, I had had it. I spent the $1,000 on a brand new world class T-5 and my problems were over.

At the end of the day, its good news they're replacing the whole deal for you. Just hold tight and you'll be in good shape.
Old 9/16/10, 03:22 PM
GT Member

Wow what did you do to **** karma off, murder someone?
Old 9/16/10, 03:35 PM
Bullitt Member

New drivetrain, new problems !
Old 9/16/10, 03:40 PM
Cobra Member

Sorry to hear of your problems but this is far far from normal. I have purchased 12 new Fords (many mustang GT's, cobras, explorers and expeditions) only the last 15 years and have not had any problems with the cars believe it or not. No major service done on any of them and all of them were either ordered based on my options or bought off the lot brand new.

As others have said I am sure Ford is well aware of your issues and will do everything in their power to make your situation right and make the car what it should be.

Again good luck with everything and sorry to hear of your issues.
Old 9/16/10, 04:03 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yugoboss
New drivetrain, new problems !
and in his case old drive train, same problems

Sorry for the bit of bad luck mate....

Quick Reply: I either have the worst luck in the world or Ford just makes crappy cars