Old 9/16/10, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the tip off was it had 300 HARD miles on it !! LOL
Old 9/16/10, 05:06 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by todd03blown
Sorry to hear of your problems but this is far far from normal. I have purchased 12 new Fords (many mustang GT's, cobras, explorers and expeditions) only the last 15 years and have not had any problems with the cars believe it or not. No major service done on any of them and all of them were either ordered based on my options or bought off the lot brand new.

As others have said I am sure Ford is well aware of your issues and will do everything in their power to make your situation right and make the car what it should be.

Again good luck with everything and sorry to hear of your issues.

My first Ford was/is an 83 F150 4x. It was flawless from the factory, still drivin' it for the ranch and now has 250K on it (new engine at 215, regular maintenance along the way). ($9600 LOL - sure got my money out of Hank on that one!!)

During my 10 yr career as a coffee man, all my route trucks where (mostly new) Ford's (350's, 460's, 414 V10's) and I have hundreds of thousands of miles logged with 5000' passes in every direction, the new ones from the factory were flawless. They were always run hard and put away wet, well maintained, and I did not suffer any mechanical breakdowns.

My 08 Bullitt was/is flawless right from the factory.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/17/10 at 12:31 AM.
Old 9/16/10, 05:12 PM
Cobra R Member

It sucks and take the excitement out of getting a new car, but you're being unreasonable to expect them to take the car back and give you a new one. They are honoring their warranty and they will fix and I'm sure you won't have any problem with it.

Why does Ford want the tranny back? I'm sure they want to know what failed, it's called improving quality control. Ford doesn't like this any better than you do.
Old 9/16/10, 05:18 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
Why does Ford want the tranny back? I'm sure they want to know what failed, it's called improving quality control. Ford doesn't like this any better than you do.
I figured it was so they could get their money back from China/Getrag.
Old 9/16/10, 06:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Time to pick up a Corolla
Old 9/16/10, 08:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
It's just the transmission. Don't be paranoid, or something WILL happen. Let them fix it, then relax and enjoy the car. It will be just fine. I have no doubt.
Old 9/16/10, 09:52 PM
Banned

This is what we get for making the transmission on China.
Old 9/16/10, 10:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

300 test-drive miles... somehow, I think that has something to do with your tranny popping out of 1st.
Old 9/16/10, 11:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
But when I took delivery it had 300 on the car (it had to be delivered from another dealership)
thats what a flatbed truck is for...can you say delivery boy doing burnouts for his buddies!

best of luck.
Old 9/17/10, 07:15 AM
Banned

Update:

The car had about 60 miles on it. A 70 year old man was sent as a DX driver to pick up the car. I know him personally and I can vouch that he drove it as his age suggests. Regardless, that's besides the point.

Service guys don't know what they're doing. It's a brand new transmission and parts guys don't even know any part numbers yet since it's so new. I don't want some schmuck working on the tranny that he knows nothing about and to be a first experiment on.

I have 2 options.

1. Get my money back, back out of deal.
2. Order a brand new GT from factory. Only downfall is, I have to wait 2 or more months for it but it will be built with all the options I want. The manager said that Ford is backed up with orders as of now due to a logistics issue.
However, since Ford is familiar with my name, they will keep paying for my current rental car until my factory car comes in.

I guess I will just go ahead and order it. The only downfall is waiting SO LONG and taking delivery in freaking winter. I also will probably lose on good financing I got, 2.5% but I guess we will see what happens down the road. This really sucks, I wanted to enjoy my new car. But everything happens for a reason.

They're changing transmission, clutch, shifter and it will take 2 weeks to get it done. I don't want to be part of that. Sorry. This is why I buy new, to avoid this crap.
Old 9/17/10, 07:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Were those options offered to you? Or are you just figuring that you can push them into it?
Old 9/17/10, 07:36 AM
Banned

Offered. I used to work there so I get flexibility and whatnot. I'm content how they handled it since they know it's bs. It's a new car, they have to get their crap right (ford). You can't invest 40k and drive the car 1 hour before it breaks down. Come on. 3rd luck is the charm??

Decisions decisions. If I do build it, I'm thinking of adding the GT/CS front valance on the car, as well as the rear diffuser. On ford's website it doesn't show anything different when I add the rear diffuser. Does it look the same? Or does it look like this?

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/bp2190.html
Old 9/17/10, 07:57 AM
Cobra Member

Well I would build a new one since it was offered and they will pay for you a rental the whole time. Seems like a no brainer for me...good luck in your choice.
Old 9/17/10, 10:00 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Ford has your number and they are just punishing you for suing them over the first one.

I'm surprised that after all the trouble you had with the previous one that you even went and bought this one.
Old 9/17/10, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey ordering a new one sounds like a good opportunity. Also they may be able to push for upping your priority, given the story. All they should need to do is either talk to Ford or the Regional Manager and they can probably get the new car's priority bumped to 1, that would basically ensure it getting built at the next production cycle they schedule.
Old 9/17/10, 07:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Wow, new order, wait 2 months, and get it? With a free rent car?

Take it.

Now.

/Over a tranny? Well done!
//I'd HELLA do that, twice, with bacon.
///Everything's better with bacon.
////I'm serious, pull the trigger, sir. Yesterday.
Old 9/17/10, 08:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Well you can get your money back, but I think you really want this car. So option 2 sounds great! It also gives you a chance to add a few extra toys. I'd go for it.
Old 9/18/10, 10:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
Update:

The car had about 60 miles on it. A 70 year old man was sent as a DX driver to pick up the car. I know him personally and I can vouch that he drove it as his age suggests. Regardless, that's besides the point.

Service guys don't know what they're doing. It's a brand new transmission and parts guys don't even know any part numbers yet since it's so new. I don't want some schmuck working on the tranny that he knows nothing about and to be a first experiment on.

I have 2 options.

1. Get my money back, back out of deal.
2. Order a brand new GT from factory. Only downfall is, I have to wait 2 or more months for it but it will be built with all the options I want. The manager said that Ford is backed up with orders as of now due to a logistics issue.
However, since Ford is familiar with my name, they will keep paying for my current rental car until my factory car comes in.

I guess I will just go ahead and order it. The only downfall is waiting SO LONG and taking delivery in freaking winter. I also will probably lose on good financing I got, 2.5% but I guess we will see what happens down the road. This really sucks, I wanted to enjoy my new car. But everything happens for a reason.

They're changing transmission, clutch, shifter and it will take 2 weeks to get it done. I don't want to be part of that. Sorry. This is why I buy new, to avoid this crap.

What dealership is this and where is it located?
Old 9/18/10, 10:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My 2010 developed a 4th/5th gear bearing growl. Dealer replaced my Tranny at 700 miles. All is fine now ... They did have it for a couple of weeks since Ford made them rebuild it first but that did not resolved the problem. FInally Ford told them to install a new Tranny ...

My sitation was a little different since it was a 2010 and I had to have Sunset Gold ... wouldn't have been that easy to find another one since 2011's were already in production.

Last edited by dmhines; 9/18/10 at 10:33 AM.
Old 9/18/10, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Whammer
It sucks and take the excitement out of getting a new car, but you're being unreasonable to expect them to take the car back and give you a new one...
Unreasonable to expect them to take it back when the transmission fails at SIXTY miles? I don't think so at all.

Quick Reply: I either have the worst luck in the world or Ford just makes crappy cars