Originally Posted by narphenal
Amen.
Im shopping for an AR-10 right now going to give Noveske a look
Old 4/10/14, 05:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by devilcaninex
Im shopping for an AR-10 right now going to give Noveske a look
For a .308 pattern they are running behind the times. Stick with a build using Mega MATEN Receiver Sets. Helps combine the advantages of the ARMALITE AR-10 pattern and the DPMS AR-10 pattern.

http://megaarms.com/maten/compatibility/
Old 4/10/14, 06:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screw it. Keep the mustang and refinance the loan. The payment will probably be the same as the focus or **** close to it.
Old 4/11/14, 09:47 AM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tough spot. Real issue is that you need to be in a better position financially before doing anything different.

Always make a large enough down payment so that you are not upside down on a vehicle.

Wish you the best. Exerting financial discipline is never easy or fun for most people (myself included).

But it is easier to sleep at night.....
Old 4/11/14, 10:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by MJJ
Tough spot. Real issue is that you need to be in a better position financially before doing anything different.

Always make a large enough down payment so that you are not upside down on a vehicle.
This, +10. Excellent advice when buying a car. If the payment puts you in position that you will have to sell the car should finances change at all, you need to think about waiting until you can better afford the car. It's not that big a deal, there will be plenty of Mustangs, both old and new. Get yourself more stable financially first.
Old 4/11/14, 10:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Grifftech

On the bright side I have softened the wife up a bit to the idea of MAYBE me getting a 2015 GT, as I have been pouting and hounding her for 16 months now

If I do it though I will be worse off as I am upside down in the Focus right now I hate you hindsight!!
Did the revenue situation improve from late 2012 when you had the drop? Have you reviewed some of the amazing 2014 prices some are reporting here for loaded-up GTs? I have been in a similar situation before. I wound up refinancing, so I paid a lot for the privelege of holding on to a previous Mustang. However, the joy I got was worth it. I do not spend as much in other areas though. Small house, one car garage, not much travel, etc. For the record, I would only be looking at the current Mustang if I was only so-so on the new one's styling. However, I do like the new one a lot, so I'd be prioritizing what I could live without to take on the burden of negative equity. A stripper GT good enough?
Old 4/12/14, 12:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by MJJ

Wish you the best. Exerting financial discipline is never easy or fun for most people (myself included).

But it is easier to sleep at night.....
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
This, +10. Excellent advice when buying a car. If the payment puts you in position that you will have to sell the car should finances change at all, you need to think about waiting until you can better afford the car. It's not that big a deal, there will be plenty of Mustangs, both old and new. Get yourself more stable financially first.
I've gotta agree. As bad as you want a Mustang, you don't want it to put you farther behind. I have been there in my younger days, and I know it's hard. Don't make it any harder. Good luck.