Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I am sick to my stomach and feel like crying :(

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/12, 08:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sick to my stomach and feel like crying :(

So my wife owns her own commercial cleaning business that she does the work herself and she just found out her biggest contract which accounts for 1/3rd of our income got a new bid that is half of what they are paying us. So now we are losing over $3k a month of income since they will go with the new company and one of the first victims is going to be my 2011 Kona Blue GT /puke, /wrists

So now I am looking at trading it in for... oh this hurts to type... a 2013 Focus SE.....

My Stang has been my pride and joy for the last 2 years and am tempted to eat Ramen every day to save it.

I will probably save $125 a month in lower payment some in insurance and get twice the gas mileage. So probably looking at a savings of about $250 a month by trading in.

Someone hold me!!!!!

Depressed,
Chris
Old 12/14/12, 08:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
I'm Hoping for a new contract for you and the honey
Old 12/14/12, 08:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
I'm Hoping for a new contract for you and the honey

Thanks, Glenn!
Old 12/14/12, 08:11 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Grifftech
So now I am looking at trading it in for... oh this hurts to type... a 2013 Focus SE.....

My Stang has been my pride and joy for the last 2 years and am tempted to eat Ramen every day to save it.

Depressed,
Chris
Screw that! Pound the pavement and get replacement clients!! And you throw in some hours to help her if need be! Suck it up man - you can do it!

30 yrs in sales... you're either putting out fires (from competition), or building fires (going after competition). Losing accounts is part of business life, so is getting new accounts. But many times the new clients wound up being better. Go build some fires and get more customers!

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/14/12 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12/14/12, 08:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Screw that! Pound the pavement and get replacement clients!! And you throw in some hours to help her if need be! Suck it up man - you can do it!

30 yrs in sales... you're either putting out fires (from competition), or building fires (going after competition). Losing accounts is part of business life, so is getting new accounts. But many times the new clients wound up being better. Go build some fires and get more customers!
Oh trust me we will. I already help her with her cleaning contracts as it is. I work in IT at State Farm corporate HQ here in town and have been trying to get her to apply to work her for something more stable, maybe she will at least give that a shot also.
Old 12/14/12, 08:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Ugh... sorry, Chris. These are rough times.
Hang in there...

Before you do anything rash, take a look at the numbers a bit more closely...

Base Focus SE True Market Price (what you'll probably pay) is $19,200 + a grand plus for Taxes, registration, etc...let's just call it $20,000 out the door.

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/focus/20...?sub=hatchback

Not knowing where you live, your options, your mileage..but taking a few guesses (and using a local Zip...just to get a ball park), your trade in is only worth about $23k
http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2011/...e-2D-GT/Values

You'll save a bit on fuel and insurance but best case scenario, assuming you financed for five years like most people, you're only going to save about $60/month on the car payments....plus you already own a portion of your Mustang... Is it really worth it?

Best of luck to you guys.

Last edited by MRGTX; 12/14/12 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12/14/12, 08:32 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
Hang in there...

Base Focus SE True Market Price (what you'll probably pay) is $19,200 + a grand plus for Taxes, registration, etc...let's just call it $20,000 out the door.

Not knowing where you live, your options, your mileage..but taking a few guesses (and using a local Zip...just to get a ball park), your trade in is only worth about $23k

You'll save a bit on fuel and insurance but best case scenario, assuming you financed for five years like most people, you're only going to save about $60/month on the car payments....plus you already own a portion of your Mustang... Is it really worth it?

I would agree with this. I think a far better option is to try a refinance.
Old 12/14/12, 08:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Refinance?
Old 12/14/12, 08:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Oh trust me we will. I already help her with her cleaning contracts as it is. I work in IT at State Farm corporate HQ here in town and have been trying to get her to apply to work her for something more stable, maybe she will at least give that a shot also.
Don't worry...nobody has any right to doubt that you guys are working as hard as you can. It's your business and from the sounds of it, you guys have done a great job for a very long time.
Old 12/14/12, 09:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MRGTX
Hang in there...

This
Old 12/14/12, 10:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Check out CapitalOne refinancing...can go up to 72 months if needed to lower pymts...

http://www.capitalone.com/auto-finan...Auto+Refinance
Old 12/14/12, 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Dude, look to re-finance. I have re-financed cars and saved $$$ per month and got lower interest then what I was paying. I would look to do that them to get rid of her..
Old 12/14/12, 11:10 AM
V6 Member

This is all about MATH.....not feeling like you did right by down-grading your vehicle. The math on the trade will stink, trust me.

It will not be worth it, and in the long run, will leave you with a vehicle that depreciates like a boulder off a steep cliff compared to the GT.

By the time you factor in tax/lic/dest/and depreciation for your car, you will be looking at peanuts in savings....literally. LESS than a $20/bill/week.

Is that worth it?? I would venture there are other things you could tighten the belt on that would surpass that savings. Coffee, eating out, movies...cell-plan...whatever.

The most important thing: make this clear to your wife! So she does not think you are being selfish. Trust me, dealerships LOVE situations like this....I mean LOVE them. Managers jump all over these sales. Money on the front and back.....no brainer.
Old 12/14/12, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks all for the feedback. We are also looking to sell our house and move to a smaller town outside of the city we are in now and we are looking to downgrade to something smaller by as much as 80k so that is where a huge chunk of savings will come from. Plus the wife has a 2011 Grand Cherokee we bought for 42k and she still owes 30k on it, but she is looking at getting into a used or smaller SUV in the 20k price range. I know she is upside down, but I think we can still lower her payment a month by at least 200
Old 12/14/12, 12:01 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Thanks all for the feedback. We are also looking to sell our house and move to a smaller town outside of the city we are in now and we are looking to downgrade to something smaller by as much as 80k so that is where a huge chunk of savings will come from. Plus the wife has a 2011 Grand Cherokee we bought for 42k and she still owes 30k on it, but she is looking at getting into a used or smaller SUV in the 20k price range. I know she is upside down, but I think we can still lower her payment a month by at least 200
these all sound like knee jerk reactions. You wont save any money by down grading if you are upside down. Selling a house and moving takes time and costs alot of money.
Old 12/14/12, 12:07 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Flagstang
these all sound like knee jerk reactions. You wont save any money by down grading if you are upside down. Selling a house and moving takes time and costs alot of money.
Right. Its good to review your fall back options, but give yourself a pep talk and get back on the horse again.

And hey - keep checking back with that account every month or so. The new half price outfit may demonstrate why they are low ballers. Because they're good on talk and lousy on performance. Keep selling your quality and be delightful and a little persistent. I've gotten many an account back after a month or two. You can do it!
Old 12/14/12, 12:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought this was a Mustang forum, not a financial advice forum.
Old 12/14/12, 01:03 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by GRN 5OH

Uncalled for.

It is about his Mustang and figuring a way to keep him driving it. Members are helping members.

If you don't like it don't read it. Nobody is forcing you.
Old 12/14/12, 01:10 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Why not just sell the 2011 outright? Buy an older model for less used. Find a nice 08 or something and roll with that until you can get back in a newer one. Just my thinking but I don't understand buying a brand new car especially if its not even the car you really want. I worked for dealerships for 10+ years and have never purchased a brand new vehicle. Don't ever plan on it. Year or two old for way less just makes good sense to me. Again, just my $.02.
Old 12/14/12, 01:14 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by GRN 5OH
what a worthless comment to make.. we are trying to help out our mustang brother...

Quick Reply: I am sick to my stomach and feel like crying :(