2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

How's this for customer service

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/13 | 07:46 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by Hunter1660
2014 GT automatic trans.less than 6000 miles....wife's new car....no issues ...until Wednesday last week..drove to work,fine..out to lunch...fine...calls me after work....cars messing up...engine revs but speed doesn't match rpm's...automatic transmission slipping...she catches ride home,I go to see what's up............
Hello Hunter1660,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Originally Posted by Sky Hye
Talk to Deysha on here
Originally Posted by Mustang259
+1 on Deysha, she can get things rolling and if necessary involve a Regional service rep., Deysha helped me on false codes issue.
Thank you for the support, guys!

Deysha
Old 10/10/13 | 09:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

On both sides, yeah they shouldn't be running errands in it but they do need to drive it.
I do see what you mean though about being able to feel it without moving 100-FT but still. I am glad though that they are trying to find the issue without just going, couldn't find the problem, sorry.

I took my last GT to a Ford dealer here in Houston due to the front control arm squeak (extremely common) and since it was raining outside, they said (after having it all day), "We couldn't find the squeak, sorry. Bring it back when it's dry outside."
Old 10/10/13 | 09:59 AM
GTR Member

OP, proper use of punctuation and paragraph structure go a long way at making things easier on the rest of us. As others have said, the dealership has to reproduce the claims when you turn it in for service. That's not unreasonable. Expect a few miles on the odometer after a claim for an engine or driveline problem.

Glad to see Deysha is involved and hopefully this gets resolved amicably.
Old 10/10/13 | 10:51 AM

The dealership did reproduce the problem and acknowledged the problem before I left it in their care.You don't drive a car that's in for service on an automatic transmission that you have to rev the engine like it's a manual to get it to roll. That's why the car was towed.The dealership keeps saying,"we don't know what to do". That's an unacceptable answer!
And after a week,it's getting old.
Old 10/10/13 | 11:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

To everyone saying "expect mileage on your car while it's at the dealer," you're half right. Yes they will need to test it on the street, but for any extended length of driving (i.e. to home or errands etc) the dealer needs explicit permission from the owner. At least that's how it is in CA.
Old 10/10/13 | 12:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

2014 GT automatic trans.less than 6000 miles....wife's new car....no issues ...until Wednesday last week..drove to work,fine..out to lunch...fine...calls me after work....cars messing up...engine revs but speed doesn't match rpm's...automatic transmission slipping...she catches ride home,I go to see what's up...start car...put in gear and it doesn't firmly engage...but it does go into drive..rev engine and car slowly nudges forward...try reverse same....put in manual mode..same....engine revs...car slowly crawls forward...NEW car....lets not damage anything...because I didn't buy it at the local dealership I wanted it towed to the one I bought it from....Ford pays towing up to 35 miles...I paid 90.00 more to take it where I bought it...get it to dealership about 12:00 last Thursday ...service tech checks out the car and verifies there's definitely a problem.....tells me....we'll pull the pan off tranny tomorrow...look for the obvious..contact ford and see how deep they want us to dig into it.......I think that's what's happening .....Service dept. calls me 3:00 Monday afternoon and says.....We drove the car Friday and got about a block from the dealership and it started working fine.....we let it set over the weekend and today it starts and drives fine...we know it has a problem but now we can't get it to duplicate it...we're going to contact fords hotline for direction and I'll call you tomorrow...tomorrow never came....so this afternoon 4:00 I call them.....I'm already not happy with them driving my car to start with...a test drive after a repair sure but it should have never left the dealership with the problem it had,and was confirmed...service tech says....we don't know what to do...hate to tear into tranny with low miles...was able to tell from data logging its probably not the tranny....probably lack of fluid pressure...could be caused by any number of things...we don't know what to do. Except keep driving it and hope it duplicates the problem....we've been driving it anytime we needed to go somewhere or pick someone or something up.....REALLY...I told him I did not want my car to leave the dealership...the problem was it wouldn't pull off when placed in gear..not that it had a driving issue...I asked to come pick my car up...tech says let's try it one more day...won't drive it...just start and engage transmission...we'll call you tomorrow....they've had my NEW car a week....drove it to neighboring towns...no telling how its been punished.and have not repaired anything. How's that grab you for service...I ain't HAPPY

I understand.

I will never return to the dealership where I bought my car. EVER.

I brought it back just 3 days after buying it to have some very minor little things fixed. Shouldn't have taken more than 2 hours to fix everything on the list. Nothing was major, the worst was replacing a small plastic interior piece that was warped in manufacturing. Won't go into the long story about what happened from there, I'll just say that when I FINALLY got the car back not one single thing was done. But they did drive it 40 miles along the tollway, racking up toll charges which I was billed for. Thanks for that...

Not all dealerships are the same. Most are good and honest, although having worked in one myself I can assure you that the mechanics have a bit of fun in the sports cars. If you run into one you're not happy with just be sure to take it to a different one next time. They may be different dealerships but they all honor the Ford warranty just the same.

Last edited by Moustang; 10/10/13 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10/10/13 | 02:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

The dealership did reproduce the problem and acknowledged the problem before I left it in their care.You don't drive a car that's in for service on an automatic transmission that you have to rev the engine like it's a manual to get it to roll. That's why the car was towed.The dealership keeps saying,"we don't know what to do". That's an unacceptable answer!
And after a week,it's getting old.
Man, you gotta settle down. It may be quite possible they don't know what to do. I for one, would not want my tranny torn down, and they find nothing wrong. And you may just have to take the car home, and drive it to see if it does it again. That's life brother, I been down that road several times.
Old 10/11/13 | 06:30 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by Overboost
Thanks, Overboost!

Deysha
Old 10/11/13 | 06:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

OP, proper use of punctuation and paragraph structure go a long way at making things easier on the rest of us. As others have said, the dealership has to reproduce the claims when you turn it in for service. That's not unreasonable. Expect a few miles on the odometer after a claim for an engine or driveline problem.

OHNO its A punksue-ation policemans
Old 10/11/13 | 08:27 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
OHNO its A punksue-ation policemans
Hooray, another Internet toughguy...
Old 10/11/13 | 09:05 AM
I Have No Life

He probably is Steve.. Just look at his avatar lol.
Old 10/11/13 | 10:58 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by FromZto5
He probably is Steve.. Just look at his avatar lol.
I think Glenns more of a internet perv
Old 10/11/13 | 01:33 PM

Picked my wife's car up today.Drives like there was never a thing wrong with it.We're lucky ford didn't charge us extra for a car that heals itself.Got a copy of the correspondence between the dealer and fords hotline.They recommended the dealer run test on torque converter if the problem could be duplicated.The dealership sure did there best at trying to duplicate,especially if putting over 1000 miles on the car would be considered a decent try.If you noticed in my first post I stated the car had less than 6000 miles on it.When I picked it up today ,6945 miles to be exact.The sad part,I didn't even get a kiss.
Old 10/11/13 | 01:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Holy hell, did someone take it on a road trip.....? That is quite a bit of testing.

Last edited by wanted33; 10/11/13 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10/11/13 | 01:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Picked my wife's car up today.Drives like there was never a thing wrong with it.We're lucky ford didn't charge us extra for a car that heals itself.Got a copy of the correspondence between the dealer and fords hotline.They recommended the dealer run test on torque converter if the problem could be duplicated.The dealership sure did there best at trying to duplicate,especially if putting over 1000 miles on the car would be considered a decent try.If you noticed in my first post I stated the car had less than 6000 miles on it.When I picked it up today ,6945 miles to be exact.The sad part,I didn't even get a kiss.
Was that 1,000 miles done in 10 days? That's a lot of daily driving. Bummer.
Old 10/11/13 | 02:09 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by wanted33
Holy hell, did someone that it on a road trip.....? That is quite a bit of testing.
Yeah that is. However, was it actually driving it on the road? Or does the 'test on the torque converter' mean it was done in the shop with the car on the rack - which the ECU might have still recorded as 'mileage' on the odometer?
Old 10/11/13 | 02:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Yeah that is. However, was it actually driving it on the road? Or does the 'test on the torque converter' mean it was done in the shop with the car on the rack - which the ECU might have still recorded as 'mileage' on the odometer?
That would be a lot of running it on the rack but who knows.

Either way that is way to many miles for "test driving" imo
Old 10/11/13 | 03:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would be highly pissed about that. There is no way they should have put that kind of mileage on the car. If they couldn't duplicate it after the first time, they should have given you the car back and told you to come back when it did it again.

I was not happy when the dealer put an extra 8 miles on my car driving it back from the body shop that was only 4 miles away. I don't know what I would have done with an extra 1,000 miles.

Wayne
Old 10/11/13 | 03:52 PM
V6 Member

Hey guys if you have a problem with your new car and post on here stuff you've done with it (racing etc), will that deysha chick void your warranty if she reads it?

She DOES claim to work for ford
Old 10/11/13 | 04:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

If they seriously put 900 miles one it, that's waaaay beyond a test drive or 30 and even the most reasonable folks (like me!!!) would be bent outta shape.

Quick Reply: How's this for customer service