Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

How to delay my delivery on purpose???

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/10, 05:26 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to delay my delivery on purpose???

Ok, here'e what happened. I Joined the AQHA( Quarerhorse Assoc.) on April 28th. At that time my order had been "in processing" for over 5 weeks. In order to get their $500 rebate I need to be a member for 60 days ('Til June 28th) . Then suddenly, on April 30th ( it figures) I get a VIN# ( still no sticker) with a build week of May 17th. SO I guess I would expect the car to show up at the dealer a month later,right?? which puts it at the dealer around the middle of June?. How can I not take delivery until my 60 days are up????? Can I just leave it at the dealer? Does he pay interest? which can I pay him back? Do I leave the country for 2 weeks?...
Any suggestions esp. from our dealer guys will be appreciated.
Old 5/4/10, 05:42 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nsthesa
Ok, here'e what happened. I Joined the AQHA( Quarerhorse Assoc.) on April 28th. At that time my order had been "in processing" for over 5 weeks. In order to get their $500 rebate I need to be a member for 60 days ('Til June 28th) . Then suddenly, on April 30th ( it figures) I get a VIN# ( still no sticker) with a build week of May 17th. SO I guess I would expect the car to show up at the dealer a month later,right?? which puts it at the dealer around the middle of June?. How can I not take delivery until my 60 days are up????? Can I just leave it at the dealer? Does he pay interest? which can I pay him back? Do I leave the country for 2 weeks?...
Any suggestions esp. from our dealer guys will be appreciated.

I would start by talking to your dealer, all you can do is ask. There is no way that I have ever heard of to keep a car off of the lot.

Just explain to your dealer what is going on and what you want to do. See if they will hold the vehicle a week or so. I would imagine though that much more than a week and they won't want to hold onto it...not at least without a decent deposit.
Old 5/4/10, 05:43 AM
Cobra R Member

Um, my buyers order said I had to pay within 48 hours or I forfeited the deposit. And if you have a build week of May 17th, my guess is you'll have the car closer to the last week of May. You could shoot for the brochure route. That's $750 anyway.
Old 5/4/10, 06:11 AM
GT Member

Yeah applied for the brochure multiple times on-line ( up to 2 weeks ago) and thru the 800 # and have not received a thing!!!
Old 5/4/10, 06:13 AM
GT Member

Also I ordered under he Xplan...they didn't even want a deposit from me since thyey knew I was (very) local ,1 mile away, and very seriuos about getting the car.
Old 5/4/10, 06:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Um, my buyers order said I had to pay within 48 hours or I forfeited the deposit. And if you have a build week of May 17th, my guess is you'll have the car closer to the last week of May. You could shoot for the brochure route. That's $750 anyway.
That's not really going to happen unless the dealer thinks you have abandoned your order. I remember seeing that somewhere too, but if my car arrives on a Monday and I can't make it to the dealership until the weekend, I'm pretty sure Jeff isn't going to keep my deposit and sell my car to someone else on Wednesday.
Old 5/4/10, 06:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
That's not really going to happen unless the dealer thinks you have abandoned your order. I remember seeing that somewhere too, but if my car arrives on a Monday and I can't make it to the dealership until the weekend, I'm pretty sure Jeff isn't going to keep my deposit and sell my car to someone else on Wednesday.

My guess: a dealer wouldn't mind holding on to a car for up to 3 weeks if necessary, but over 3 weeks they would probably be unhappy about.

Mods: Sorry for the double post. I accidentally hit the "back" button on my mouse (I hate that button with a passion, I only ever hit it accidentally). Didn't realize the posting had already gone through. Feel free to delete my duplicate post.

Last edited by Skotty; 5/4/10 at 06:46 AM.
Old 5/4/10, 07:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Doesn't matter because the AQHA rebate and the x-plan can't be combined anyway.
Old 5/4/10, 08:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
Doesn't matter because the AQHA rebate and the x-plan can't be combined anyway.
Good point... so obvious. I can't believe I missed that.
Old 5/4/10, 09:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, I don't think any of the rebates count. I wouldn't worry about it and just get the car when it arrives.
Old 5/4/10, 09:25 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
Yeah, I don't think any of the rebates count. I wouldn't worry about it and just get the car when it arrives.
The public offers count. Just not the private offers. Except the brochure "private cash" -- those can be used with x-plan but not A/Z/D.
Old 5/4/10, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think you'll find plenty of people on this board who would gladly sacrifice $500 to have their car right now.
Old 5/4/10, 12:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As long as my car gets here before June (ETA is still 4/28), my dealer has confirmed that I'll be getting the $750 rebate (brochure ??) and the $500 rebate with 0% for 36 month financing from Ford Credit. All this on top of a $100 over invoice deal (+ $129 Processing Fee), I'm REAL happy with this deal.

I'm anxious and impatient but not complaining !!

Doug

Last edited by orange3.9stang; 5/4/10 at 12:32 PM.
Old 5/4/10, 01:58 PM
GT Member

I think you can use the AQHA rebate and the X- Plan...(not the A Z D plans)
Old 5/4/10, 02:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by nsthesa
I think you can use the AQHA rebate and the X- Plan...(not the A Z D plans)
From the AQHA web site:

"This offer does not apply for AQHA members purchasing a vehicle using the A, X, Z, D plans. A 60-day AQHA membership is required to use the rebate, and each member can use two E-Certificates per member identification number per year. The $500 incentive is in addition to all other publicly available Ford Motor Company retail offers in effect at the time of purchase or lease. "