2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Here's my white no-option V6 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/10, 05:07 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! Wow! Did I spell it right, wow!

Very very very nice car!

Does the light shine through the painted CMSL?

Could you have just spit nails from the rocket scientists having drilled holes into your front bumper? When I tell the sales guy that I will not purchase my special-order w/ holes or w/ a dealer name affixed that is transcribed in CAPS on the purchase agreement.

Originally Posted by dnr427
The front plate bracket is actually the stock one that came with the car. I flipped it upside down and attached it to the lower grille with a couple of zip-ties (one of mankind's greatest inventions).
Sure, for terrestrial applications...

But Velcro is the fastener of choice for space men.

Now what better way to spend "quality bonding time" with your new Mustang than to remove the wheels and crawl around on your back painting a bunch of stuff and inhaling paint fumes??? I would NEVER think of depriving you of this experience!
Don't you just LOVE that a manufacturer uses unpainted steel in 2010?

Painting the bottom is a pain-in-the-butt, but does not come close to removing and repainting the bottom of a boat...

Use a nice mask w/ a charcoal filter to stop some of the fumes.

Great work!
Old 7/1/10, 06:03 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Talking Plate holder

Love the plate holder.
Reminds me of another smart guy's on this site who designed his own...
Here's my white no-option V6 coupe-front-hood-up.jpgName:  plateholder2.JPG
Views: 249
Size:  5.5 KB
I used heavy duty velcro so I can take it off quickly for shows if I want.
Old 7/2/10, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

I got the 3'rd brake light overlay from ebaymotors which is where I also purchased the mufflers/fartcans which I know most of you don't like but they are no different then any other straight thru chambered/louvered muffler core, that uses ceramic/fiberglass packing the only difference is that most manufactures of mustang exhaust systems space the tip away from the body because of people like you who are biased/closed minded against the import style exhausts below find an exhaust clip of a 4.0 v6 with these mufflers&a macprochamber most people couldn't believe it was a v6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWZHTxa6e9Q
Old 7/2/10, 10:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 3.73-11
I got the 3'rd brake light overlay from ebaymotors which is where I also purchased the mufflers/fartcans which I know most of you don't like but they are no different then any other straight thru chambered/louvered muffler core, that uses ceramic/fiberglass packing the only difference is that most manufactures of mustang exhaust systems space the tip away from the body because of people like you who are biased/closed minded against the import style exhausts below find an exhaust clip of a 4.0 v6 with these mufflers&a macprochamber most people couldn't believe it was a v6

sounds good but dam those tail lights
Old 7/2/10, 01:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Haha I'm not biased against import style. IMO, that style exhaust (looks wise, not talking about sound) just doesn't look right on a Mustang. I agree the tips do fill the openings better though. I'm just busting your chops. And you have to know that most Mustang guys aren't going to like that style, so as long as you do that's fine. I've actually been toying with possibly swapping an STi engine and transmission into my V6. I'd LOVE to see the reactions on here if I do it haha. I just need the money. I have a cousin who works at a Subaru/Mitsubihi shop that would do all the custom work and I'd run a standalone ECU. It would be cheaper than a Terminator swap and something that NO one else has done, which I love.

That being said, I still don't like fartcans on a Mustang . They don't look that bad though, and I love everything else you've done with the car.
Old 7/2/10, 01:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

If it were me, I'd just run muffler delete pipes aft of the stock resonators. Or, move the canisters back and add 4" slash cut tips to the end of them.
Old 7/2/10, 01:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Haha I'm not biased against import style. IMO, that style exhaust (looks wise, not talking about sound) just doesn't look right on a Mustang. I agree the tips do fill the openings better though. I'm just busting your chops. And you have to know that most Mustang guys aren't going to like that style, so as long as you do that's fine. I've actually been toying with possibly swapping an STi engine and transmission into my V6. I'd LOVE to see the reactions on here if I do it haha. I just need the money. I have a cousin who works at a Subaru/Mitsubihi shop that would do all the custom work and I'd run a standalone ECU. It would be cheaper than a Terminator swap and something that NO one else has done, which I love.

That being said, I still don't like fartcans on a Mustang . They don't look that bad though, and I love everything else you've done with the car.
Boy I thought you were rippin' on the OP's fartcans, and I had to re-read it all as I did not think he had mentioned exhaust other than painting the mufflers ...finally figured out now you were rippin' on 3.73-11's car not the OP's !!

Doug
Old 7/2/10, 01:28 PM
Bullitt Member

The car was ordered with NO options (base coupe, performance white, stone interior, 6-speed manual, 2.73 rear gear), as I prefer to spend my money on things I want, rather than on a bunch of factory options I don't want or care about. To each his own, I guess. I like my mods. to be subtle, and look as though the car came that way from the factory. I think I managed to achieve the look I wanted.
I like the way that you think and your approach toward subtle mods.

I took the same stance as you, base GT, spoiler delete but I did opt. into the 18" wheels because with tires they are a deal compared to picking up aftermarket rims (though I'll eventually pick some up).

Finally, I'm no audiophile, but the base stereo is absolutely excellent in my opinion.
Our opinions do differ in one respect though. I so look forward to getting my own head unit and aftermarket speakers. I can't stand any of the stock options
Old 7/2/10, 01:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So how do the mirror covers pop off & on ??

I had 1st thought the covers went OVER the existing mirror tops, but now see on mine that there is a separate textured piece where the painted ones would go.

Doug
Old 7/2/10, 01:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
Boy I thought you were rippin' on the OP's fartcans, and I had to re-read it all as I did not think he had mentioned exhaust other than painting the mufflers ...finally figured out now you were rippin' on 3.73-11's car not the OP's !!

Doug
Haha hey I wasn't ripping per se. I'd say it was more of a "slight jab" though I knew it would get blown out of proportion. I think the sound clip of the 05-09 he posted sounds BA...very angry. But I hate the look of the canisters. Mid-mufflers will always sound better to me because they resonate off the bottom of the car and street, creating more of an echo effect.
Old 7/2/10, 05:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I hear ya man most mustang guys don't like em but when they hear it they can generally tolerate it that being said check out my other post I just did a custom mid muffler setup today
As for the mirror covers they should just pop off man the key is to squeeze both ends inward and pull straight away from the mirror assembly and they will literally just pop off or you can use a flat tip large screwdriver but that method will mar the finish now matter how gentle you apply force as the factory plastic is pretty malleable.
As for the tailights on my 06 well I like to be different at least they weren't chrome or clear altezzas
Oh yah an ej25 with awd would be just sick in a stang imo

Last edited by 3.73-11; 7/2/10 at 05:02 PM.
Old 7/2/10, 06:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
great job on your car.. Love what you did to it..
Old 7/2/10, 07:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah idk about keeping the AWD set up though. Probably go with 03-04 Cobra IRS. We'll see...
Old 7/2/10, 07:29 PM
Cobra R Member

I saw a base white 2011 V6 coupe at the dealer today, 6-speed manual. Looked at the window stricker. Was $22K + change, plus $850 destination, came out to something over $23K. It just hit me - my car's MSRP was $17,000 more, and for what?!? Well, I know for what, but to the OP's point, that's a lot of money if it's for stuff you don't want. I happen to want my gauges and my sync, among other things....
Old 7/2/10, 07:39 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Looks very nice!!! I'm on my 5th Mustang and have had several other types of Fords in my past. My 2011 Mustang is the first Ford i have ever had that has (in my opinion) great feeling brakes.
Old 7/2/10, 11:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Would you happen to have a larger picture from the rear?

I like the decklid panel, but I wish CDC made one that was smooth. Actually, I would be fine if Ford didn't make faux cap delete so difficult.

What did you use to paint the 3rd light?

Looks fantastic.
Old 7/3/10, 08:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

As for the mirror covers they should just pop off man the key is to squeeze both ends inward and pull straight away from the mirror assembly and they will literally just pop off or you can use a flat tip large screwdriver but that method will mar the finish now matter how gentle you apply force as the factory plastic is pretty malleable.
The reason I asked ... was if I got the painted covers, I'd want to swap the black ones back on for the winter months so the painted ones don't get sand & salt blasted. I have a feeling they would look pretty bad after 6 winters !!

I just assumed they were held on with double-sided tape along with maybe a couple of tabs. If they pop on & off easily enough, then I'd definitely consider getting them.

Doug
Old 7/3/10, 12:58 PM
Bullitt Member

What? So someone can just pop my mirrors off and put it on their car?
Old 7/3/10, 02:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ireallycare
What? So someone can just pop my mirrors off and put it on their car?
Yes your covers anyways not the whole assembly but yeah if you had a set of painted mirror covers and someone wanted them for their stang or say to resell them they could just walk up pop em off, if you know what your doing it takes literally less than 15secs each side and walk away sucks doesn't it
Old 7/3/10, 04:17 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
You traded in the 06 for your 11, right?