View Poll Results: Which exhaust???
Keep as is (GT500s)
19.35%
Boss Quad Exhaust
38.71%
Borla S type (or ATAK?)
41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide: GT500 exhaust (keep as is), Add Boss Quad Exhaust, or Borla S Type?

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/12, 06:57 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5

Oh I agree with you Steve. Like I said in my first post, my gt500s held me for a year, then I wanted more. I think the s types should hold me for a year lol. Then maybe I will either add the boss quads, or cut the resonators, or borla over the axles (also is resonator-less). But yes, I definitely need a video of s types with boss quads please
I did the same thing. Started with Corsa Extremes, then added their X pipe, then went with the S Types, and ultimately added the Boss exhaust. I wouldn't cut the resonators off, you'll really throw a lot of noise out the back. I'd look for a reversible solution in the event you don't care for it.
Old 10/19/12, 08:15 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss2511
you sound like me. I get an exhaust love it for a few months then get bored with it. I loved the GT500's but wanted more. came across a good deal and got the magnaflow comp cat back. now I want to swap that out for the stock over the axle pipes corsa extremes and kooks long tubes with catted h-pipe while retaining the side pipes.....it will happen next year when taxes come in I hope
Originally Posted by Overboost
I did the same thing. Started with Corsa Extremes, then added their X pipe, then went with the S Types, and ultimately added the Boss exhaust. I wouldn't cut the resonators off, you'll really throw a lot of noise out the back. I'd look for a reversible solution in the event you don't care for it.
Just curious...why didn't you guys like the corsa extremes? Steve, how would you compare it to the s types? How are the s types better?

I already have a feeling I will be buying the boss quads next year lol.
Old 10/20/12, 08:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borla S-Type all the way. Installed this bout a month ago. No longer need the stereo and the compliments are almost overwhelming.
Old 10/21/12, 07:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 GT
I voted for the Boss Quad exhaust as well. I am actually ordering mine today, and hope to get them installed by next week. I'm planning on running the Boss Quads without restrictors, which should compliment the SLP Loudmouth muffler deletes pretty well. Cold starts will be a blast! Should sound awesome with the Cam Idle Tune as well!!!

I'll post some videos when the install and everything is done!
I ordered the Boss h-pipe and side exhaust a day before you from Tousley for the 2013 GHIG GT that I have on order. Also ordered is a Magnaflow Street Series (part# 15151) axle-back. I'll run the side pipes full open like on my Boss.
Old 10/21/12, 07:59 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Those borlas are the way to go. I had s-types on my 02 gt and my LORD did that sound beautiful. That was all i had on there really sound wise because my accident totaled the car before i could tinker around more

But also look at a catted h or x pipe! Add more sound to make your car stand out just that extra bit. H pipe for that old school muscle kind sound, or x for the race soundtrack. I wanted to either get an h pipe or a MAC prochamber on my car but never got to it.

Back on topic, S-type ftw!
Old 10/21/12, 12:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Guess you never considered the Roush ABs? That's what I have and I love them. They used to be the most popular choice when people asked about exhaust. BTW, the Borlas sound just like the Roush judging by the videos you posted.
Old 10/21/12, 01:04 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If there's one thing to remember, listening to a bunch of exhaust clips from YouTube is a bad idea. If you can find someone who filmed it on a camera with stereo mics or has them, go that route. Night and day difference between a cell phone camera and a decent quality one.
Old 10/21/12, 01:15 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

If there's one thing to remember, listening to a bunch of exhaust clips from YouTube is a bad idea. If you can find someone who filmed it on a camera with stereo mics or has them, go that route. Night and day difference between a cell phone camera and a decent quality one.

I still have not heard a clip that does the roush AB justice
Old 10/21/12, 04:45 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Thomas S
Guess you never considered the Roush ABs? That's what I have and I love them. They used to be the most popular choice when people asked about exhaust. BTW, the Borlas sound just like the Roush judging by the videos you posted.
Idk bout sounding just like em. Roush?s are distinctly more race sounding. Raspy in the higher rpm?s while the borlas are much deeper and have a nice low tone. The ATAK borla?s are more like the roush AB?s but still not quite as loud
Old 10/21/12, 05:15 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
exactly Steve. That's why I went with the borlas. hearing and driving them from my buddy was what convinced me. I don't care for the roush. Too raspy and high pitched

Originally Posted by CCTking

Idk bout sounding just like em. Roush?s are distinctly more race sounding. Raspy in the higher rpm?s while the borlas are much deeper and have a nice low tone. The ATAK borla?s are more like the roush AB?s but still not quite as loud
Agree 100%