Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

for gt500 owners

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/12, 09:53 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for gt500 owners

I have this steep sudden incline to get into my work garage and so far I have scraped both times going in when I go at an angle but have only subjected one side of the additional splitter to this. My friend in his car which is about 1/4 inch lower goes down it and up it without any scrapping. Would setting the shocks to sport mode so there is less bounce help this I have no clue? How do I go down this hill without scrapping my front splitter.

At first I didn't care because I thought the addition was cheap but its like 200 dollars so its the same **** price as the 1st splitter. The hill essentially going into the garage from left to right goes from super steep to less steep but apparently still enough to scrape the splitter ever so slightly going down.

Also is there anything I can do to get the coupe white marks on my splitter out? Touh up paint?

Did any of you order the car cover? My dealership says the car cover is shipped to our houses with like a welcoming back from SVT. When I called ford they said it should be in the car. What is going on?
Old 6/29/12, 10:13 AM
GT Member

The car cover was shipped to my dealer separately and they gave it to me when I picked up the car. I did not install the splitter (yet) precisely because this is what I'm afraid of.
Old 6/29/12, 10:31 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by outtaphase
The car cover was shipped to my dealer separately and they gave it to me when I picked up the car. I did not install the splitter (yet) precisely because this is what I'm afraid of.
Well I mean in my case since I drive my car to work every day its either I find a way to do this properly since it obviously can be done because my friend can do it no problem, or I just never ever put on the splitter. But then whats the point of having it? Or I could spend like 200 bucks and get the new addition part every 6 months lol. Though I only need 1 piece of the 3 I don't think ford sells them separately when normally they sell everything else separately.
Old 6/29/12, 07:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You need to compare the cars side by side for any possible differences. No two cars are exact. That 1/4" difference may not be as much based on how the two cars sit overall. Then, compare your weight to the other driver....that can make a difference too along with anything else in the car. Tire pressure also...

Have your friend drive your car into the drive to compare.

Maybe fill the lower part of the drive to bring it up.....even if it is just a board you can remove