Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

A good tune + CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/10, 04:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
I looked over the C&L site and didn't find anything saying the 2011 Kit used the factory style grille air scoop.
And if it doesn't you might as well skip it. The IAT's (Intake Air Temps) with the Stillen run right at Ambient while running down the road. You can't get any cooler than that, and Cool is the key to the ECU allowing for timing advance (and power)...
Old 8/21/10, 05:06 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Modshack
And if it doesn't you might as well skip it. The IAT's (Intake Air Temps) with the Stillen run right at Ambient while running down the road. You can't get any cooler than that, and Cool is the key to the ECU allowing for timing advance (and power)...
Uh...you mean Steeda, right?
Old 8/21/10, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Uh...you mean Steeda, right?
Ha ha!....Sold a 370Z to buy the Mustang....Sorry!
Old 8/21/10, 07:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Modshack
Ha ha!....Sold a 370Z to buy the Mustang....Sorry!
Cool so you went ahead and made the switch after all huh?
Did you end up selling the 370 or trade it in?
Good choice in the switch.

Ltngdrvr, I'll have to look at the site again, I swear it was theirs that I read it on, but maybe it was another intake makers.

Edit: Just looked at C&L's site again and I did not read it this time. So either it was a different manufacturer's, they changed the write up and it no longer says it, or I was hung over and was delirious. But I do know I read some where someone marketing being the only company to utilize part of the stock intake for additional air too.
Dang it, now I gotta find that.

Last edited by Driver72; 8/21/10 at 07:31 PM.
Old 8/21/10, 07:40 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Driver72
Ltngdrvr, I'll have to look at the site again, I swear it was there's that I read it on, but maybe it was another intake makers.

The other thing about the C&L is the air shield, it is much less closed off from the engine compartment.

Also, and this is very important in my estimation, the air tube on the steeda is straight where it enters the throttle body, has a good amount of straight section to the tube in front of the throttle body. If you look at the C&L it curves immediately in front of the throttle body, this means that the air is flowing into the throttle body at different speeds, slower at the outside of the curve and faster on the inside. This makes me think that the uneven airflow at the throttle body entrance might affect the flow through it. The Steeda with the long straight section of the air tube in front of the throttle body means that the airflow is more even when it reaches the throttle body making it flow better.

This, and the better air box and bumper inlet scoop are the reasons I think the Steeda CAI is a much better unit.

Last edited by Ltngdrvr; 8/21/10 at 07:42 PM.
Old 8/22/10, 05:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

The other thing about the C&L is the air shield, it is much less closed off from the engine compartment.

Also, and this is very important in my estimation, the air tube on the steeda is straight where it enters the throttle body, has a good amount of straight section to the tube in front of the throttle body. If you look at the C&L it curves immediately in front of the throttle body, this means that the air is flowing into the throttle body at different speeds, slower at the outside of the curve and faster on the inside. This makes me think that the uneven airflow at the throttle body entrance might affect the flow through it. The Steeda with the long straight section of the air tube in front of the throttle body means that the airflow is more even when it reaches the throttle body making it flow better.

This, and the better air box and bumper inlet scoop are the reasons I think the Steeda CAI is a much better unit.
Cool I'll have to look at them more closely before I buy. Thanks