Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/13, 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
Before you order a V8 take a LONG test drive in one and pay attention to the exhaust sound. I love the sound in small doses, but having had cars that were not that quiet, I know it would get tiring in large doses. Road trips are terrific, but too much noise can wear you down.
The V8 is super quiet stock. Now my car on the other hand with the exhaust discs removed would probably get tiring on a road trip.
This is just my opinion, If you can afford the GT get it. I had a V6 mustang previously and I'll never own one again. If I could only afford the V6 I'd get a WRX or Focus ST instead. I'd get a used GT instead of a new V6. Its that much better, the sound the power, the whole experience.
Old 2/3/13, 09:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As stated.. the stock GT is so quiet. I had no issues with the GT being loud until I changed up the exhaust with the Boss 302 side exhaust.
Old 2/4/13, 07:38 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 05GTJOSH
The gas mpg 5.0 vs a 3.7 really isn't that much. I wouldn't let the gas thing make up your decision. I've had a couple v6's and every time you see a v8 you feel some regret. And the sound of the gt is amazing. You aren't going to get the same sound.
Me an my dad were both looking for commuter cars and once I got my gt he realize that he didn't want the 6. I'm not telling you what to do. I'm just saying you should at least test drive the gt. give her a shot . With the gt you get more fund per mile.
I would love the GT. I have a 57 mile round trip (20 miles on I-95) to get to downtown Baltimore. My evening commute makes me pretty nervous with the gas mileage. Sometimes it's easily over an hour. Insurance is another issue. Luckily the wife doesn't have a problem with the V6 premium model.
Old 2/4/13, 12:06 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Welcome to TMS, and good choice on the Mustang
Once you have the initial details of your order, you can then PM Deysha (our Ford rep on this site) and she'll help track the order so you're fully in the loop. See this thread for details:

https://themustangsource.com/f726/20...16755/index19/
Originally Posted by RogueWing16
**Update**

Got my car back from Mr. Tire. Turns out it was a severe bubble in one of the front tires. Never would have thought that would have caused suck a ruckus driving down the road. Crisis avoided. My wife was starting to steam about the whole situation.

Now I can order my Mustang shortly.
That’s great news, RogueWing16! Like Twin Turbo mentioned, make sure you PM me with your dealer’s name and order number when you place it.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 2/4/13 at 12:08 PM.
Old 2/4/13, 03:52 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
That’s great news, RogueWing16! Like Twin Turbo mentioned, make sure you PM me with your dealer’s name and order number when you place it.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha!
Old 2/5/13, 10:09 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Deysha!
You're very welcome!

Deysha
Old 2/5/13, 06:09 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
**Update**

Got my car back from Mr. Tire. Turns out it was a severe bubble in one of the front tires. Never would have thought that would have caused suck a ruckus driving down the road. Crisis avoided. My wife was starting to steam about the whole situation.

Now I can order my Mustang shortly.
Have you decided on a color?
Old 2/5/13, 07:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 13_ImpactBlue_GT
Have you decided on a color?
Outside of getting dealer quotes, the color is second thing that I am struggling with. For a long time, I had my mind made up to get the Mustang in Deep Impact Blue with the bright silver rims in the pony package. I keep fooling around on Ford's website with the colors and options and I decided to make up the car in Oxford white. I am really starting to warm up to the white and black contrast. One thing I can't figure out is how Oxford white compares to Performance white. I've been reading Oxford white looks dirty/dull compared to Perf. white. I have also read that Oxford white is bright like an appliance white. Not sure what to believe. May just stick to the original plan with D.I. blue and be done with it. Now I need to nail down the price. I gave myself until the end of the week field quotes. My wife is getting antsy now. lol

Looks like you are partial to Deep Impact blue. I don't think I could go wrong with that color. Looks great.

Last edited by RogueWing16; 2/5/13 at 07:32 PM.
Old 2/6/13, 06:28 AM
GT Member

Ford uses the Oxford White on lots of other cars. If you just want to see the color for yourself you should be able to find something on a dealer's lot. Make sure you verify the color cause there's also White Platinum on some of the other cars.
Old 2/6/13, 07:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by JMac
Ford uses the Oxford White on lots of other cars. If you just want to see the color for yourself you should be able to find something on a dealer's lot. Make sure you verify the color cause there's also White Platinum on some of the other cars.
This is true. Ford has been using Oxford White since the 80s, if not earlier. My 2005 Escape is OW...when I wash it, it looks nice and bright, but it hides the dirt pretty well too, being that it is just ever so slightly "off white." Performance White is noticeably brighter, and when parked side by side, PW almost has a slight blue tinge to me. Kinda like 5000k HIDs versus 4300k.
Old 2/6/13, 05:02 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by JMac
Thanks didn't think of that.

Originally Posted by laserred38
This is true. Ford has been using Oxford White since the 80s, if not earlier. My 2005 Escape is OW...when I wash it, it looks nice and bright, but it hides the dirt pretty well too, being that it is just ever so slightly "off white." Performance White is noticeably brighter, and when parked side by side, PW almost has a slight blue tinge to me. Kinda like 5000k HIDs versus 4300k.
Thanks for the description. Tough decision ahead.

I have until Friday/Saturday to decide on colors. My salesman said he has an order in the system with a VIN to be assigned on Monday. He gave me first crack at it. We agreed on price today with all of my options that I wanted.

Last edited by RogueWing16; 2/6/13 at 05:04 PM.