Sponsored By:

Glass Roof at the Track?

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/10, 07:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Glass Roof at the Track?

Hope this isn't a repost...

Has anyone with a glass roof taken their Stang to the drag strip or local road course?

If so, any special requirements? (ex: roll cage on sub 14's)

I know some tracks require roll bars on verts if they are below a certain 1/4 mile time... anyone hear or experience something similar w/ the glass roof?
Old 1/13/10, 07:50 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Glass roof isn't supposed to be any different than a regular steel roof for NHRA, IIRC. About the same torsional strength for either roof. Although, at some elevated power level, I'd really be nervous about drag racing with a glass roof.
Old 1/13/10, 07:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Cool!

Thank you!
Old 1/13/10, 08:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Kandir, is that what your looking into ordering? When the order guide comes out, I'll shoot you a PM and let you know they are posted. If you need a price worked up, let me know.
Old 1/13/10, 04:14 PM
Cobra Member

CDC had a CF panel to replace the glass roof on their show/test car. Not sure if they are thinking of releasing it or not though, but it would be pretty cool for a track car.
Old 1/13/10, 05:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Kahdir, is that what your looking into ordering? When the order guide comes out, I'll shoot you a PM and let you know they are posted. If you need a price worked up, let me know.
I'm torn between glass roof and shaker 1000 vs. track pack...

I want the brake and suspension upgrades, but I will only take the car to cecil co. & Millville motorsports park maybe 2-3 times a year.

Since it will be a daily driver, I rather have the factory sub and I figure if the glass roof is reasonable, I'll spring for it.

Working in the aftermarket industry, it's easier for me to get suspension parts (Eibach/Ground Force) than a glass roof (CDC)
Old 1/13/10, 06:02 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Kahdir

I want the brake and suspension upgrades, but I will only take the car to cecil co. & Millville motorsports park maybe 2-3 times a year.

Since it will be a daily driver, I rather have the factory sub and I figure if the glass roof is reasonable, I'll spring for it.

Working in the aftermarket industry, it's easier for me to get suspension parts (Eibach/Ground Force) than a glass roof (CDC)
Go for the roof. It just makes the interior of the car seem very unique. Best part of my stang IMO. Its 2 grand though, way overpriced but still too cool to pass up. Make sure you sit in one outside on a sunny day before you decide. The track pack can be ordered with the glass roof I think and the shaker 1000 is easy to beat with aftermarket upgrades. The cost of the shaker 1000 seems even crazier than the roof IMO
Old 1/13/10, 06:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Jeff
The pictures from Detroit shows the GT/CS with a glass roof. Is this just for show.
Old 1/13/10, 08:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
The Shaker 1000 is CRAP. Go aftermarket man...I want Glass Roof too though. And I want it with the Brembos!
Old 1/13/10, 08:57 PM
Cobra Member

Just because the glass roof wasn't available with Track Pack in 2010 doesn't necessarily mean that will still be the case for 2011, does it? I think we'll have to wait until the order bank opens in a week to find out exactly what options are incompatible with other options.
Old 1/14/10, 04:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

I gotcha dude. Totally agree on the options. BTW, have you ever driven the car on Millville's track? I did the SAAC 33 a few years ago and it was a blast!! Its a nice race track!! And Cecil, I have yet to get to it. Every year I try to go to Super Stallions of the Net, something comes up.