2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Ford Extended Service Plan

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/13, 06:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure how you guys got plans through Ford that went past 5 years. It was never offered to me. I got the best plan they had and it extends power train to just 5 years. What gives?
Old 2/20/13, 06:35 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great Conversation. I do not have experience with Ford Service Plans.However, I am very familiar with BMW service plans. Historically, I never purchase extended warrantees and follow the same lines of thought some of you are. Never purchase additional insurance plans, and when something does break, pay yourself to have it repaired. Normally, over time, I am sure I save money taking this approach. Things I buy do not break that much prematurely, and if they do, usually the manufacturer stands behind the product anyway.

After owning a BMW and buying the extended protection plan, I will NEVER be without an extended plan for an automobile again. Must have received $4 for every $1 I spent on that BMW. Maybe more. Now that the BMW plan is expired, the car has to go. I can’t afford a BMW without it.

So for my piece of mind, I will buy full coverage protection plan for my 2014 Mustang. I’ll keep my thoughts thesame for appliances, electronics, and tools… to not buy extended plans, but for automobiles… I’m in now.

Last edited by PA-Fatboy; 2/20/13 at 06:37 AM.
Old 2/20/13, 06:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rando
I'm not sure how you guys got plans through Ford that went past 5 years. It was never offered to me. I got the best plan they had and it extends power train to just 5 years. What gives?
My dealer offered a few plans, the longest being 7 years. Always say no to begin with, though, as they'll quote you a higher price first. Aside: that sh*t pisses me off. Why cant we set a single price on everything and stick to it? I hate having to hunt around, wheeling and dealing. Just give me the real price first!
Old 2/20/13, 11:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by GadgetKen

Don't have a clue what the DENT and WHEEL STD 120 is. Maybe someone else knows..
The Wheel STD is a wheel and rim insurance. If, for instance, you hit a pothole and damage your wheel this will replace it for free. It will also replace the tires if they are damaged. It's basically a road hazard warranty that also covers the tires and wheels.

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...nName=TireCARE

Dent their DentCARE plan which will do paintless dent repairs for minor dings and dents. If someone gives you a door ding in a parking lot that doesn't damage the paint, Ford will repair it for free.

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...nName=DentCARE
Old 2/21/13, 04:56 AM
GT Member

I purchased the full 7 year 120K mile premium warranty and it cost $3K (in Florida the rates are regulated by the state). This was a little more than the similar coverage on my wife's Honda Odyssey. Ford also has a $100 "deductible" each time you use the coverage so that will add up. However, my car has the premium package (electric seats incl passenger) and the electronics package. I'm betting that electronics package has a significant issue within 7 years or the transmission goes out between 100K - 120K miles. Based on my yearly mileage I probably won't even get to 100K in the seven years, so I should be covered for a long time. It's peace of mind, like any other insurance. And it's probably better to view it as insurance than warranty.

Last edited by DrDisney; 2/21/13 at 04:58 AM.
Old 2/25/13, 12:55 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Aleksandar Dragosavljevic
Hello, I love this site.

I just purchased a 2013 Grabber Blue GT 6SPD....
Hello Aleksandar Dragosavljevic,

Congrats on your new ride! You can check the coverages here. Also, you can contact our Extended Warranty Department at 1-800-367-3377 for more info. I hope this helps.

Deysha
Old 2/25/13, 04:34 PM
V6 Member

I purchased a 100k ESP plan when I purchased my 2011 V6 Vert used. It already had 24k miles on it at purchase. I have used it once since going over the 36k bumper to bumper. They fixed a broken vert latch under warranty but not an exhaust hanger since the part was not covered under the ESP. ESP warranty has a very specific list and goes by part number. If they put that part number in and its not covered, you are still on your own. ESP is NOT an extension of bumper to bumper.