2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Financial Question: V6 for 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 2/6/11, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm almost 21, am almost completely bald, have arthritis in my back, commute an hour and a half both ways, and just got a 2011 mustang v6.

I love my car and am really into driving, I feel old, but am no where near being old. The way I look at it, is no matter what your body looks like, or any pains you have, it's all about your heart. If your heart is in the driving and the love of your ride then you'll never get old, and never get tired of knowing you are contributing to American muscle, and in some way that puts you into a community with others that love the same thing.
Old 2/6/11, 12:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by StangRider
I love my car and am really into driving, I feel old, but am no where near being old. The way I look at it, is no matter what your body looks like, or any pains you have, it's all about your heart. If your heart is in the driving and the love of your ride then you'll never get old, and never get tired of knowing you are contributing to American muscle, and in some way that puts you into a community with others that love the same thing.
Very nice, you write like a poet! Cool.
Old 2/6/11, 02:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Keep the car you have and save up for a 2014 if you still want one when they come out. the last thing you want is a lot of debt and thats what you will have if you trade now to a 5.0. It's still a buyers market for housing and if you can get yourself a place with payments you can afford now is the time to do. Did I say if you can get a house with payments you can afford? Also you must remember you have to pay for upkeep, taxes, utilites, etc.etc. There is more to owning a house than making the monthly payment. Once again you don't want more debt than you can manage.

Now I'll be 51 this month and I have aches and pains, high blood pressure, overweight, and salt and pepper hair. I don't drink, but I still smoke, but I plan to quit very soon. I take my meds, ride my bike, hit the gym every blue moon, go dancing on most friday and saturday nights, hang out with my friends doing this and that, and work 10 hours a day as a helicopter mechanic, and I can handle my business without the help a little blue pill. Most of all I have been blessed with 7 kids all grown except the 16 yr old who thinks he's grown and got the world by the a$$. I drive a 2011 Mustang that keeps me young at heart, and will smoke the tires at the light if no one is around. The point is age aint nuthin' but a number so tell your cousin as Ole Blue Eyes would say "The best is yet to come". I'm having the time of my life and wouldn't give it up for nothing. I hear people say they wish they could go back to 21 or 25 or whatever. HA! BS. I wouldn't do if they paid me. Tell that guy to celebrate and enjoy each day regardless of whatever issues he may have because one of them will be his last. Good luck and best wishes.
Old 2/10/11, 10:57 PM
GT Member

Hey.. enjoy your 20's while you are there... life DOES get better, but 6 minute miles won't be quite as easy... it's just a matter of life. Keep what you have.

Life gets better because you can afford toys when you get older if you plan right and don't **** away opportunity or investments in your future.
Old 2/11/11, 01:02 AM

I plan on keeping my car. It was just one of those crazy ideas that popped into my head so I wanted to see the financial/logical aspects of it.

This happened THREE times today:

Stranger: ****, man. Nice car!
Me: Thank you, sir.
Stranger: (some question about my vinyl spears/hood, wheels, or decklid)
Me: (answer question)
Stranger: Is that the 5.0?
Me: No.. The V6.
Stranger: Ohhh......... nice car, though.
Me: Thanks.

In short, "Could've had a V8."
Old 2/11/11, 03:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Im a youngin myself at 17. Insurance is killing me right now even though i have an 02 gt. But i absolutely love that car to death! Idc how much it is, my heart is withthat car when im drivin it, i feel connected. Gonna repaint her and give her a full detail soon though. The 8 yr old paint is startin to show its age, previous owner disnt quite take care of it that great. Anyway i see the cost as worth it of gettin the higher performance model. In tiur financial situation though i would get the v6, pay off a lil debt and bills, then trade it in and buy a 2014