2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Final track pack thread

Search this Thread

Old 10/26/13, 04:28 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 14Glassback
When I had my Track Pack in for the Timing Cover oil leak, I also asked the Master Tech who worked on my vehicle to listen to the clutch. I had a noticeable noise from the clutch (Not the Pedal) when letting the clutch out. He thought the noise was not an issue and mentioned he thought the Track Pack cars had a different clutch than a standard GT. Anyone else heard of this?
Originally Posted by steven46746
Oh lord! Lol
Heck yeah! Lets start another round of debates over unfounded rumors!

Clutch is the same for all 5.0's, even Boss cars.
Old 10/26/13, 04:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Heck yeah! Lets start another round of debates over unfounded rumors! Clutch is the same for all 5.0's, even Boss cars.
My 1st gear goes to 65 so I think I may have gotten the 13+ Shelby tranny by mistake. Would explain my 40 mpg.
Old 10/26/13, 04:55 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw1213
The 2013 gt has the same aluminum block as a boss. They do have forged cranks, some kind of coated pistons and rods the reason you get diff part numbers for the boss vs gt is that they are diff. The gt has forged crank and hyp pistons and looks like standard rod. The boss has a BALANCED forged crank, matched by the BALANCED piston and rod set. So they are deff diff but the gt did get upgraded in 2013. They also def have no oil squirter at all for the piston. Im a tech at ford and we just took a 2013 apart trying to identify this tick issue. We ordered all new parts and I have a 2011 I blew up on boost that I had the parts laying around still. They are def diff pistons crank and block w no oil squirter. i still dont get why it matters. W out the rods and pistons to match a forged crank it doesnt matter a bit. The crank has never been the weakest link lol! And you cant just throw boss rods and pistons on a gt crank due to the balance. But you can throw mmr rod and piston set on the gt crank and be stronger than the boss and the boss would have to rebalance for the manley rods n pistons. But yea thats whats up w the numbers. This applies to all 2013 gts not just the track pack.
You might enjoy this thread. New coated pistons, different oil control rings eliminating the need for under piston squirters (which also reduced windage) and improved oiling, which apparently resolved the #8 failures in the 11/12:

https://themustangsource.com/f800/co...4/#post6280395
Old 10/26/13, 05:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Was not trying to start a rumor. Was a 100% legitimate question. 100% related to the topic...
Old 10/26/13, 07:17 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 14Glassback
Was not trying to start a rumor. Was a 100% legitimate question. 100% related to the topic...
Yup, I know, just having fun, and the question was answered.
Old 10/26/13, 07:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Lol no comment all I will say is that my pressure plate was sticking at high rpm and they replaced it with the updated and reinforced unit but lol really different clutch

Last edited by Gogoggansgo; 10/26/13 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10/26/13, 08:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Gogoggansgo
Lol no comment all I will say is that my pressure plate was sticking at high rpm and they replaced it with the updated and reinforced unit but lol really different clutch
My buddy has a boss that had a problem with it's clutch sticking. They told him they put in an upgrade part that was ordered from ford racing. I'm assuming they did the same for you.
Old 10/27/13, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by JScottGT
To further throw a wrench into things here... here is some better clarification of the part numbers you have listed, along with actual Ford P/N spacing Con Rods : BR3Z-6200-A vs. CR3Z-6200-A The only difference between these part numbers is the prefix, which just identifies the model year they were released for. B = 2011 C = 2012 The rest of the part numbers being identical, leads me to believe they are actually the same part, even the same "A" suffix. Although this may not necessarily be the case. A regular 5.0 engine assembly could call for the BR3Z part, while the Boss engine assembly could call for the CR3Z part. Crankshafts: BR3Z-6303-C vs. CR3Z-6303-A These part numbers have both different model year and suffix differences. This lends me to believe they are in fact different parts completely. The difference in suffix is really where the difference comes in. In this case, the A suffix looks like it's the forged, and the C suffix looks to be the cast version.
The only thing that you are correct about is the prefix br3z =11 and cr3z=12 other than that they are completely different parts. They don't change prefix every year. Also why would they have 2 different part numbers for the same part? All you can say for sure is that one is a gt rod and another is a boss rod. Because you ran 2 vins The only reason you say a=forged and c=cast is because we have engine specs and it's "know" that boss are forged and gt cast, not because of the part number having any meaning.
Old 10/27/13, 08:48 AM
GTR Member

The boss specific parts have a later year(2012) identifier on them because they are a later engine, not in production until the 2012 MY.
Old 10/27/13, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco
You might enjoy this thread. New coated pistons, different oil control rings eliminating the need for under piston squirters (which also reduced windage) and improved oiling, which apparently resolved the #8 failures in the 11/12:

https://themustangsource.com/f800/co...4/#post6280395
Lmao yea the 8hp diff pffft ha! I dont know what all this dbate is about, all I can say is what ive seen in my old short block I melted number 4 7 8 cylinders w a single turbo kit and 15lbs boost turns out the boost a pump ran out of boost ha! I had already bought a block and anticipated on which rotating asy I wanted. Its confusing looking at our parts catalog on the Reynolds system in the parts department. I had parts order some parts and they show those oil squiters for a 13 and 14 and same head bolts and crank. But when I looked at the head bolts and crank and block compared to my old block and rotating asy its all diff. 13 n up have bigger head bolts even. I didnt know that. I find it funny track pack guys think theres a huge diff or anything close to a boss or a huge advantage over a premium gt when they literally have a wheel, brake, suspension, and diff cover w 373s other than that its identical to every other 13 and up gt period. Ive been in and worked on them all. Ill never for get the first 5.8 shelby I drove. I though it was broke ha it was soooo slow. Turns out to get it outta transport mode you have to drive for 15 miles w out cutting it off or so many engine cranks to norm engine temp to let the pcm come out of transportation mode. Boss owners... did you realize that the track key you pay for and the program you bought already came w the car?! Its just a way to get another bit of money on the sale lol I hook up the ids to the car and flash it to the current pcm calibration for the boss and program the key to the car. Its such a rip off imo the dealer has both keys but gives you one and makes ya buy the track key lol. Idk but who gives a **** boss track pack or gt. Unless you build it or boost its still so close to every coyote powered car out there so who cares. We all love the mustangs an we all love to go fast like ricky bobby lmao
Old 10/28/13, 02:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Yes and it is 10 times better and it is suppose to be able to take more abuse lol
Old 10/28/13, 02:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Gogoggansgo
Yes and it is 10 times better and it is suppose to be able to take more abuse lol
Awesome...the comments are great. Lmao
Old 10/28/13, 05:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Any truth to the claim that we have the entire Boss 302 axle, not just the finned cover, 3.73s, and Torsen? I believe the Boss axle tubes have additional welds holding them into the diff housing, and I remember people were twisting axle tubes on stock GTs. I'd like to be able to beat on my car with some sense of security.
Old 10/28/13, 05:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

It looks like the whole axle assembly right down to the black paint. Regular housings are unpainted.
Old 10/28/13, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Has anyone installed an aftermarket set of headers on a Track Pack car yet? I took a gander underneath the car yesterday preparing to install my Borla long tubes when i noticed the oil cooler plumbing may make things difficult on the drivers side.
Old 10/31/13, 06:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
Love this Track Pack talk. Maybe there are more GT owners who can come forward with info on their track pack GT Mustangs.
I took off my track pack just to take pictures to put on here....
Attached Thumbnails Final track pack thread-track-pack-system.jpg   Final track pack thread-trackpackstrut.jpg   Final track pack thread-strutmount.jpg  
Old 10/31/13, 06:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by RubyTuesday2014
I took off my track pack just to take pictures to put on here....

Take the motor apart and post pics of the rods and pistons for us too.
Old 10/31/13, 07:07 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Heck yeah! Lets start another round of debates over unfounded rumors! Clutch is the same for all 5.0's, even Boss cars.
Yup, I know, just having fun, and the question was answered.
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Lol this is some good $h!t in this thread. Hilarious to say the least. I'm subbed.
Old 10/31/13, 07:13 PM
GT Member

I am right now, how did you know. I got the heads off and working on the first piston. In between trick or treaters and typing in here. Dang it, I got grease on the keys...
Old 10/31/13, 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Do it!

Quick Reply: Final track pack thread