Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Electronics package, updating album art HOW?!?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/10, 12:19 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electronics package, updating album art HOW?!?!?!?!?

I have been buring my iTunes library to CD's and recording them successfully to my jukebox, no problem there. (iTunes music was bought through iTunes for what its worth)

I also had a few retail CD's bought at the store. When I put them in the car and recorded them it transfered the alubm art!

I noticed an option in the Jukebox menu that said something similar to "Update album art via CD" but I can find no instruction on what to load onto the CD or where to come across that info?

Has anyone succesfully done this? Or know where I can read the procedure?

Thanks in advance.

Shaun
Old 6/29/10, 12:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
I have been buring my iTunes library to CD's and recording them successfully to my jukebox, no problem there. (iTunes music was bought through iTunes for what its worth)

I also had a few retail CD's bought at the store. When I put them in the car and recorded them it transfered the alubm art!

I noticed an option in the Jukebox menu that said something similar to "Update album art via CD" but I can find no instruction on what to load onto the CD or where to come across that info?

Has anyone succesfully done this? Or know where I can read the procedure?

Thanks in advance.

Shaun
Nope, I'd just be happy if it actually recognized CDs properly. I put in a PURCHASED CD and the album title and tracks all come up "Unknown." So forget album art... I can't even get the album identified. My guess is that have some out-dated version of the CDDB and this impacts everything including your album art.

I think this happens most with greatest hits CDs and singles.
Old 6/29/10, 12:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Can't you just move the music onto a flash drive or your ipod, then into the jukebox from one of those?
Old 6/29/10, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

You can get it to display the album art? I haven't spent much time playing with it yet to know. Personally I was impressed enough that it recognized a Jillian Goldin CD. She's relatively obscure.

I'll play around with mine more later today and if I figure it out I'll let you know.
Old 6/29/10, 12:59 PM
GT Member

I don't think there's a way to copy the album art. When you insert a retail CD, the album art is already stored in the CDDB. Ford hasn't released an update for the CDDB. . .ever as far as I know.
Old 6/29/10, 01:28 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Old 6/29/10, 01:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oooh. I wonder if I can just punch in my own information. Not everything I have has a database entry. Argh, stop making me want to go out to my car again.
Old 6/29/10, 01:32 PM
Cobra R Member

"CD Database" does NOT mean "Compact Disc drive in the car" in some format like a database. It's referring to the CDDB (now Gracenote) that holds all the wonderful publishing information about compact discs.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CDDB

And: http://www.gracenote.com/
Old 6/29/10, 01:32 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by Steven
I don't think there's a way to copy the album art. When you insert a retail CD, the album art is already stored in the CDDB. Ford hasn't released an update for the CDDB. . .ever as far as I know.
there has to be a way i can replicate this when burning a CD
Old 6/29/10, 01:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
Oooh. I wonder if I can just punch in my own information. Not everything I have has a database entry. Argh, stop making me want to go out to my car again.
If you find a way, let me know! I'm tired of seeing "Unknown" and wondering if it's the Black Eyed Peas or Shania Twain. . .
Old 6/29/10, 01:35 PM
Cobra R Member

there has to be a way i can replicate this when burning a CD
The CDDB uses a unique ID generated from the content to identify the disc. If you burn your own tracks, that unique ID isn't likely to be in the CDDB. Hence, no album art and no track info. The jukebox is a great idea in theory but in execution it's quite lame. A USB drive full of ripped MP3s is way more useful and effective.
Old 6/29/10, 01:36 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
If you find a way, let me know! I'm tired of seeing "Unknown" and wondering if it's the Black Eyed Peas or Shania Twain. . .
oh you just burned the CD wrong, I had that issue as well.

most burning programs (nero etc) dont do it right use iTunes (make sure include cd text is checked) or windows media player.

for it to record to the HDD correctly I have to burn them as audio CD's NOT mp3' I dunno why
Old 6/29/10, 01:37 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by GraceNote
Gracenote is the engine behind the “jukebox” capability of Ford’s next-generation navigation, which features hard-disk storage space for up to 2,400 songs, cover art and voice control offerings, as part of a groundbreaking graphical music library navigation experience. The Lincoln MKS features Gracenote MediaVOCSTM, offering drivers voice control of their media library using intuitive navigation and playback commands, and Gracenote Media Enrichment, delivering album cover art from Gracenote’s database of hundreds of thousands of licensed cover art scans, together giving consumers an exceptional in-car entertainment experience.
The CDDB uses a unique ID generated from the content to identify the disc. If you burn your own tracks, that unique ID isn't likely to be in the CDDB. Hence, no album art and no track info. The jukebox is a great idea in theory but in execution it's quite lame. A USB drive full of ripped MP3s is way more useful and effective.
if the ID3 tag is correct it will burn the info and the car will recognize it

Last edited by Stinger1982; 6/29/10 at 01:48 PM.
Old 6/29/10, 01:46 PM
Cobra R Member

oh you just burned the CD wrong, I had that issue as well.

most burning programs (nero etc) dont do it right use iTunes (make sure include cd text is checked) or windows media player.

for it to record to the HDD correctly I have to burn them as audio CD's NOT mp3' I dunno why
These are PURCHASED CDs... no burning on my part. CDDB should pick up the unique ID of something bought in 2009... I would think.
Old 6/29/10, 01:47 PM
Cobra R Member

here is why some album art shows and not others:

if the ID3 tag is correct it will burn the info and the car will recognize it
What is "correct"???
Old 6/29/10, 01:47 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

These are PURCHASED CDs... no burning on my part. CDDB should pick up the unique ID of something bought in 2009... I would think.
wow thats really odd.......
it was reading CD's from like 2004 and older like a champ. very strange
Old 6/29/10, 01:48 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

What is "correct"???
n/a since your talking about bought cd's my bad
Old 6/29/10, 01:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I will definitely be committing further research and trials to this. I love having album artwork. Not sure why.

By the way, I don't have my manual with me, does anyone know if the Jukebox always rips music as MP3s? And if it's already MP3, does it just pull the file straight off? Just trying to figure out optimal disk space saving.

I'm also really shocked that Black Eyed Peas don't show up right, that just seems weird.

Last edited by Lancel; 6/29/10 at 01:51 PM.
Old 6/29/10, 01:50 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

I will definitely be committing further research and trials to this. I love having album artwork. Not sure why.

By the way, I don't have my manual with me, does anyone know if the Jukebox always rips music as MP3s? And if it's already MP3, does it just pull the file straight off? Just trying to figure out optimal disk space saving.
me x2!!!!

no idea why it doesnt accept mp3 cd for recording, its kinda counter intuitive
Old 6/29/10, 01:50 PM
Cobra R Member

I didn't think it WOULD pull off MP3 tracks. Just CD-Audio tracks. Something about DRM. . . but I could be wrong.

Quick Reply: Electronics package, updating album art HOW?!?!?!?!?