2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dyno time and FRPP tune installed

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/11, 04:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow 395rwhp stock....something wrong there!! They should re calibrate their dyno or dynojet or whatever it is. When I got mine dyno'd the best it did stock was 372rwhp and that was the highest they have seen and they have done at least 20 2011 gt mustangs. And very bad numbers considering you probably got the 8rwhp from changing from 87 octane to 93. There is no way any 2011 gt makes 395rwhp stock with an axleback and 87 octane! Lol
Old 2/24/11, 04:54 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by ssimaniac
IMO, running with 87 first, then running with 93 AND tune skewed the data. If you initially ran with 93, than did a run with tune and 93 as well, would seem more logical. No?
That seems odd to me too. If you are trying to see what the real gain of a specific part is, you have to keep the parameters the same. It would be like running the car stock at a strip that's at 1500 ft. elevation, then adding a part, and running it again at sea level track.

Now if they weren't looking to see what the true gains were, just monitoring drivability, feel, etc. that's another story.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 2/24/11 at 04:56 PM.
Old 2/24/11, 05:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Daddyd666
Wow 395rwhp stock....something wrong there!! They should re calibrate their dyno or dynojet or whatever it is. When I got mine dyno'd the best it did stock was 372rwhp and that was the highest they have seen and they have done at least 20 2011 gt mustangs. And very bad numbers considering you probably got the 8rwhp from changing from 87 octane to 93. There is no way any 2011 gt makes 395rwhp stock with an axleback and 87 octane! Lol

Read more, his car isn't stock.
Old 2/24/11, 05:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
That seems odd to me too. If you are trying to see what the real gain of a specific part is, you have to keep the parameters the same. It would be like running the car stock at a strip that's at 1500 ft. elevation, then adding a part, and running it again at sea level track.

Now if they weren't looking to see what the true gains were, just monitoring drivability, feel, etc. that's another story.
Exactly. I heard that with the FRPP you actually lose some HP so perhaps that could be why. It might clean up throttle response and eliminate skip shift, and thats about it.
Old 2/24/11, 05:04 PM
3rd Times A Charm

This isn't the first time people have skewed test results like this.

At least they were upfront about it.

Numbers are obviously high for his mods, but who cares....it's just a dyno sheet. the real results will be from ET's and his real world driving experience.

As long as you like how it drives compared to before I could care less how much HP gans came from an FRPP tune and a drop in K&N.

Im really curious why you haven't installed the Steeda setup yet? Was this testing the reason?
Old 2/24/11, 05:16 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by S197 GT
This isn't the first time people have skewed test results like this.

At least they were upfront about it.

Numbers are obviously high for his mods, but who cares....it's just a dyno sheet. the real results will be from ET's and his real world driving experience.

As long as you like how it drives compared to before I could care less how much HP gans came from an FRPP tune and a drop in K&N.

Im really curious why you haven't installed the Steeda setup yet? Was this testing the reason?
I wasn't overly concerned about the baseline, I was concerned about the mapping. The dyno graph speaks louder than the before & after numbers. One other thing that should be brought up, I had a tank of 93 in the car before I put 4 gal. of 87 in and drove it 5 miles to the shop. I ran it down as empty as I could (2 miles til E on the computer), then threw the 87 in.

I didn't put my Steeda setup on because I've been busy with work, and the parts are at powdercoat/paint right now. I also had issues with the tune they sent me, so that put me back a few days.
Old 2/24/11, 05:23 PM
Banned

Read more, his car isn't stock.
Why would i read more? It has an x pipe an an axleback.....basically stock! And deffinitaly doesn't make 395rwhp with those mods! I would bet my 2011 gt on that! And I doubt it would make 395rwhp with those mods and the frpp tune and k&n drop in filter.
Old 2/24/11, 05:25 PM
Banned

Why would i read more? It has an x pipe an an axleback.....basically stock! And deffinitaly doesn't make 395rwhp with those mods! I would bet my 2011 gt on that! And I doubt it would make 395rwhp with those mods and the frpp tune and k&n drop in filter.
x pipe and axleback provide 10-15 rwhp.... Thats pretty accurate, and he stated they did 3 runs, from 390 to 395.

People run stock around 375rwhp - 380rwhp. That's legit.
Old 2/24/11, 05:28 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Basically stock...but the X-pipe is ~10 hp. Please, read, comprehend, then post.
Old 2/24/11, 05:32 PM
Banned

x pipe and axleback provide 10-15 rwhp.... Thats pretty accurate, and he stated they did 3 runs, from 390 to 395.

People run stock around 375rwhp - 380rwhp. That's legit.
Ya the people that run on the same dyno that he did, the one that gives numbers way to high. Lol like I said I already dyno'd mine and the shop has seen at least 20 more and mine has a full catback system including an x pipe and running 93 octane and still only 375rwhp....so I know from real life experience that his numbers are off by quite a bit and the dyno they used is very generous! Where did you get your info?? YouTube and forums and Internet?? Lol
Old 2/24/11, 05:34 PM
Banned

Ya the people that run on the same dyno that he did, the one that gives numbers way to high. Lol like I said I already dyno'd mine and the shop has seen at least 20 more and mine has a full catback system including an x pipe and running 93 octane and still only 375rwhp....so I know from real life experience that his numbers are off by quite a bit and the dyno they used is very generous! Where did you get your info?? YouTube and forums and Internet?? Lol
That and real life experience as well. People post charts, they don't lie.
Also, read the settings that the dyno was exposed to, hence the bigger gains. Again, as said, read first than post.
Old 2/24/11, 05:35 PM
3rd Times A Charm

I'll take that bet. I can make 500 rwhp on a mustang dyno with mine. I post a dyno sheet and you send me the pink slip?

I'm being sarcastic. Dyno results are easily skewed. You can't cheat your way to a better ET, but I can cheat my way into a 500 rwhp dyno sheet.

See what I'm saying. If you are gonna bet your car, do it with odds in your favor. Bet it against ETs and not dyno numbers.

Either way 400 rwhp is awesome for a mainly stock GT. I love this **** car!
Old 2/24/11, 05:38 PM
Cobra Member

Mine was stock and ran 371hp and 352tq. Plenty of people have run similar numbers.
Old 2/24/11, 05:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by S197 GT

I'll take that bet. I can make 500 rwhp on a mustang dyno with mine. I post a dyno sheet and you send me the pink slip?

I'm being sarcastic. Dyno results are easily skewed. You can't cheat your way to a better ET, but I can cheat my way into a 500 rwhp dyno sheet.

See what I'm saying. If you are gonna bet your car, do it with odds in your favor. Bet it against ETs and not dyno numbers.

Either way 400 rwhp is awesome for a mainly stock GT. I love this **** car!
Hahahahahahahaha come on a real mustang dyno and lets see the numbers. No where near 395rwhp with x pipe and mufflers! That is a fact not an opinion so why argue??
Old 2/24/11, 05:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Hahahahahahahaha come on a real mustang dyno and lets see the numbers. No where near 395rwhp with x pipe and mufflers! That is a fact not an opinion so why argue??
Old 2/24/11, 05:47 PM
Cobra R Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf3Bz...layer_embedded
Old 2/24/11, 06:05 PM
BOSS Member

I think you're afraid to try the Steeda tune. Afraid it won't work again and and/or afraid you won't be able to handle it.
Old 2/24/11, 07:22 PM
GT Member

That's exactly my point as well, no tune, x pipe and mufflers only? No way that car is putting out that much.

Again mildly irrelevant, but they really need to recalibrate.
Old 2/24/11, 07:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost

(graph coming soon!)

To summarize, if you're looking for a safe, reliable, proven (and tested) tune, the FRPP kit should be considered. It takes a potent car and gives it a real nice kick of adrenaline in all the right places.
Glad you like it and hope to see the graphs soon
on a side note what is there to gain with the skip shift delete if you (aka ME) have the skipshift unplugged already ? Have you tried the car that way at all ?
thanks for your time to post up also how did you happen to be so dang lucky ?? hehe
Old 2/24/11, 08:21 PM
Banned

I don't care about the YouTube video you posted! That isn't a mustang dyno so that's why the numbers are so high!! Learn a little about different dyno's before you comment please, I have tons of experience on dyno testing and the dyno used in that video and that the thread starter used are reeeeealy generous! Use a proper dyno and you might get 380 rwhp with an x pipe, mufflers and a frpp tune.

Quick Reply: Dyno time and FRPP tune installed