2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Dyno time and FRPP tune installed

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/11, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm definitely most curious about a comparison between the Steeda and FRPP tunes. Hopefully you get a chance to check that out for us!
Old 2/25/11, 02:03 PM
GT Member

I decided to get my car dynoed also kind of spur of the moment today.

Dynojet, 93 Shell fuel, 5th gear, all nannies turned off, SAE corrected.

384.01 HP
361.5 Torque

Two pulls, with second one being higher...felt like I should just keep pulling and see how far it goes up.

Car hit 146 MPH before stopping and it looks like the 7K redline is still the limit.

I can confirm it is a lean tune in places and can post a graph on Monday. I would think his off-road x-pipe might be the difference as I only have GT500 mufflers and tune.
Old 2/25/11, 02:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Timeless
I decided to get my car dynoed also kind of spur of the moment today.

Dynojet, 93 Shell fuel, 5th gear, all nannies turned off, SAE corrected.

384.01 HP
361.5 Torque

Two pulls, with second one being higher...felt like I should just keep pulling and see how far it goes up.

Car hit 146 MPH before stopping and it looks like the 7K redline is still the limit.

I can confirm it is a lean tune in places and can post a graph on Monday. I would think his off-road x-pipe might be the difference as I only have GT500 mufflers and tune.
Do you like the tune? Can you give us more details.
Old 2/25/11, 03:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ssimaniac
Do you like the tune? Can you give us more details.
Unfortunately for you, I ordered it with the car so the warranty would be in tact (must have dealer install it for this) which means I do not know what it felt before it was applied.

I did drive a GT with 3.31 gears for a week before taking ownership of the car, but I was nice as someone other than me was going to own it one day.

That being said, I got it mostly for the removal of skip shift (this was prior to anyone finding out about the solenoid wire) and the increased throttle response. I know there are more aggressive tunes with better results...but they do not retain the factory warranty.
Old 2/25/11, 03:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can ANY Ford dealer actually install the Ford Racing Power Pack+tune? I ask because when I asked my dealer about ordering the K&N filter they said they couldn't because they weren't a Ford Racing Dealer.

Last edited by newpony; 2/25/11 at 03:25 PM.
Old 2/25/11, 03:23 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by newpony
Can ANY Ford dealer actually install the Ford Racing Tune? I ask because when I asked my dealer about ordering the K&N filter they said they couldn't because they weren't a Ford Racing Dealer.
Yes, any Ford dealer. All it is is a drop in filter and Procal unit. Literally takes 1/2 hour to do and any dealer that wants more than that is trying to rip you off.

The dealer I bought from had never done one either and I am sure was not a Ford Racing Dealer...which I am not sure if that designation even exists. I know there are Roush dealers, but any Ford dealer can install this part...now the supercharger kits I would want to go to one that does them a lot.
Old 2/25/11, 03:53 PM
Cobra Member

Can ANY Ford dealer actually install the Ford Racing Power Pack+tune? I ask because when I asked my dealer about ordering the K&N filter they said they couldn't because they weren't a Ford Racing Dealer.
I think the ford dealers around me are ford racing dealerships. Danvers, Beverly, Ipswich, etc.
Old 2/25/11, 03:55 PM
GTR Member

If you want it, just order it yourself and do it. How is the dealer going to know you didn't have it done somewhere else? Mine wasn't installed by a dealer, does that mean mine doesn't carry a warranty?
Old 2/25/11, 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
If you want it, just order it yourself and do it. How is the dealer going to know you didn't have it done somewhere else? Mine wasn't installed by a dealer, does that mean mine doesn't carry a warranty?
Well according to Ford Racing:

Unlike our competitors, all Ford Racing Power Upgrade Packages are 50 state emissions legal and eligible for limited warranty when installed by a Ford or Lincoln-Mercury Dealer
However given the resent events on another thread we should not discuss warranty stuff on this thread. Sorry if this was off topic.
Old 2/25/11, 04:38 PM
GTR Member

However given the resent events on another thread we should not discuss warranty stuff on this thread. Sorry if this was off topic.
That's their legal way of covering their ***. Which thread were you talking about?
Old 2/25/11, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

just to keep my number right as i am stock with GT500 axel backs waiting till warmer weather to put i should get 384 HP and 361 Tq. there about with this ford tune. how does it drive ? can you shred the tires in 4 gears ? and what is the x pipe thing compared to the h pipe thats on it ? Number are good for the people that ask whats it got but i like to feel it in the seat dyno when i gas it
ad if this is the wrong place to ask this just say so i understand and dont want to hijac the thread ..
Old 2/25/11, 06:19 PM
Banned

My dealer told me the exact same thing they can install the ford racing power pack and tune because they arnt a ford racing dealer :-(
Old 2/25/11, 08:16 PM
GT Member

http://www.fordracingparts.com/wheretobuy/main.asp

Again, for just the Procal and filter, any dealer should be able to do this. If they won't, then they are probably not worth dealing with.
Old 2/26/11, 11:32 AM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well according to Ford Racing:

Newpony-- Which thread are you referring to?
Old 2/26/11, 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

The one where a now deleted member went off about a bunch of stupid stuff. But yea he's gone now so discuss away
Old 2/26/11, 11:41 AM
Cobra R Member

I wanna know more about erased members and threads
Old 2/26/11, 12:50 PM
Bullitt Member

lol this is the thread https://themustangsource.com/f800/jlt-intake-review-491942/

thats last I'll mention of it cause I don't want to hijack the thread.

On Topic: I think I will have to check out the FRPP tune, looks like it does some nice things and my dealer might actually install it before I pick up my order.
Old 2/26/11, 01:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

^^^

Yeah that is the one. I'm glad he is not here anymore because he was starting to **** me off with his attitude.
Old 2/26/11, 04:23 PM
Cobra R Member

^^^

Yeah that is the one. I'm glad he is not here anymore because he was starting to **** me off with his attitude.
+1

This was an interesting thread without that part
Old 2/28/11, 07:49 AM
GT Member

Here is my dyno...
Attached Thumbnails Dyno time and FRPP tune installed-2011-mustang-gt-dyno-sheet-color.jpg  

Quick Reply: Dyno time and FRPP tune installed