2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Does the stock alarm/anti-theft enough?

Search this Thread

Old 4/30/10 | 02:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

honestly i think the standard electronic key is good enough, a joy rider cant start it without the key so they are out. a pro is going to be able to take the car regardless. the passive system can count as anti theft on insurance. i checked into the drop in premiums for a lojack on my 2010 it was not much. would not have repaid it self for 10 years or so. if someone really wants my car then oh well i will take the insurance and replace it with a 5.0.
Old 4/30/10 | 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

I have a nice feature on my FJCruiser 3rd party alarm system, it is a 2-way communication keychain device. If the alarm gets triggered within 1000ft, I am notified right away, even inside a shopping center.

Anyway, I think I will stick with the stock system for now. I also have a sterring wheel lock called "The Club"
Old 4/30/10 | 02:53 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by RickyD
I also have a sterring wheel lock called "The Club"
Sorry, but the "Club" steering wheel device is easily defeated.

Cut through the steering wheel and pull it off in about 10 seconds.
Old 4/30/10 | 02:59 PM
Cobra R Member

I put star decals on my hood so no burglars would want to get caught dead in it.
Old 4/30/10 | 03:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Sorry, but the "Club" steering wheel device is easily defeated...
He's right. A hacksaw can cut thru your steering wheel in seconds; even a really strong guy can bend it to the point where the "Club" just falls off.
Old 4/30/10 | 03:06 PM
eci
Banned

I have a nice feature on my FJCruiser 3rd party alarm system, it is a 2-way communication keychain device. If the alarm gets triggered within 1000ft, I am notified right away, even inside a shopping center.

Anyway, I think I will stick with the stock system for now. I also have a sterring wheel lock called "The Club"
Cheeze Wiz can defeat a club in 3 seconds.
Old 4/30/10 | 03:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by eci
Cheeze Wiz can defeat a club in 3 seconds.
Is that the nickname of your imaginary friend or is this the potential subject for Mythbusters?
Old 4/30/10 | 03:09 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Is that the nickname of your imaginary friend or is this the potential subject for Mythbusters?
I research things that are out there. I have done it myself to a club I had 10 years ago. You get it in the lock cylinder and use any club key and hammer it in there. The lock comes apart.
Old 4/30/10 | 03:12 PM
GT Member

Lojack only works in select areas across the country. I'm inclined towards 'mymobileguardian" talked about in earlier threads. It will work virtually anywhere plus I believe comes with the option to "call" your car to unlock if you should lock your keys inside.
Old 4/30/10 | 03:16 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by eci
I research things that are out there. I have done it myself to a club I had 10 years ago. You get it in the lock cylinder and use any club key and hammer it in there. The lock comes apart.

Interesting. Plus you can have a snack as you drive away.
Old 4/30/10 | 03:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by eci
You read it on the Internet? I did a couple of quick Googles. No joy. Freon, yes. Not cheez whiz. Any link? Did you make a video of it? (Not doubting you, just insanely curious myself.)
Old 4/30/10 | 03:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Using 'the club' on anything newer than 1980 is just a disgrace
Old 4/30/10 | 03:38 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
You read it on the Internet? I did a couple of quick Googles. No joy. Freon, yes. Not cheez whiz. Any link? Did you make a video of it? (Not doubting you, just insanely curious myself.)
I did it a long time ago. I had one of the pieces of crap on my fox. I have no reason to make it up.
Old 4/30/10 | 03:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by eci
I did it a long time ago. I had one of the pieces of crap on my fox. I have no reason to make it up.
Everyone who ever made something up said that when questioned.

Maybe the lock was just cheap. LOL!
Old 4/30/10 | 07:29 PM
Bullitt Member

I have been stolen many cars (3), always when there was no "The Club"...

It may not be that good... but it surely prevent thief from stealing my many other cars with it...

I guess most thief will not carry a Hacksaw in their pocket... so they will go to the next car... unless they really want mine... there is not much to do against that...
Old 4/30/10 | 07:31 PM
Post *****

I guess most thief will not carry a Hacksaw in their pocket...
much less cheese whiz!
Old 4/30/10 | 08:28 PM
V6 Member

I thought it was in reference to cheez whiz on a club cracker joke...as in, it would be eaten in 3 seconds...
Didn't realize this was being for realz and all!
But I agree with cdynaco, just like the hacksaw, can't imagine a car thief carying cheez whiz around with them.

Last edited by treygil; 4/30/10 at 08:31 PM.
Old 4/30/10 | 08:42 PM
GTR Member

A real car thief, not just a strung out punk junky or joyrider, has whatever tools needed to do the job. If he wants your car he will get it, a club on the wheel is just a minor nuisance.

A decent alarm is just to keep the idiots and amateurs from getting your car or the stuff in it.
Old 4/30/10 | 09:34 PM
FR500 Member

I have been stolen many cars (3), always when there was no "The Club"...

It may not be that good... but it surely prevent thief from stealing my many other cars with it...

I guess most thief will not carry a Hacksaw in their pocket... so they will go to the next car... unless they really want mine... there is not much to do against that...
Rick, get the Boomerang. Check with your insurance company about the difference in premiums with the system.
Old 5/1/10 | 12:01 AM
Cobra R Member

I
I guess most thief will not carry a Hacksaw in their pocket......
Why not? When you go to work, do use tools? If you're in an office, you'll use a pen and paper. If you're a mechanic, you'lll use a set of hand tools.

So If you're a car thief, why wouldn't you carry whatever tools you needed to get the job done?

Quick Reply: Does the stock alarm/anti-theft enough?