2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Did not make it a year :(

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/13, 06:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
sorry this happened and please post a pic or two and let us know what the estimate comes out too. I think it will help more than one or two members here.
Old 5/19/13, 09:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics.. ugh hate looking at them. The body shop I took the car to has done work on previous cars I have owned. Also the woman who hit me also has the same insurance company.. no out of pocket. I also told the owner no body filler, change the skin. So I am hoping the insurance company gives him the right amount of $$$ to do it right, after all its a new car and full coverage + my driving record is 100% clean. The only accidents I have been in are ones where people hit me..

Her car was a Acura SUV the one with the point front end like a boat!!

Last edited by GreenCars; 5/19/13 at 09:55 PM.
Old 5/20/13, 10:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope the other driver did not say she did not see you, unless she's colorblind in green. That color can be seen from a mile away, in pitch black darkness!!!

I'd think you'd be entitled to be made "whole", meaning your Mustang has to be gevin back to you the same way it was before the accident. Like yourself, I'd be insisting on nothing but genuine Ford OEM parts, and no bondo.
Old 5/20/13, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll assume the police came to the scene and filed a accident report? If so, congrats, your car is now worth less even if repaired to perfection. If and when you go to sell/trade in that awesome sports car you will get less money because it has been in an accident.

You can make the insurance companies pay for loss of value due to the damage. I had a nice 2007 STi that got creamed by some idiot and we got $2400 in decrease in valuation of the vehicle...but it wasn't easy. You may want to lawyer up if you have not already.
Old 5/20/13, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

no need for a lawyer at this time, since the insurance companies are the same hers and mine my body shop guy will help with me getting this.
Old 5/20/13, 03:30 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars
Pics.. ugh hate looking at them. The body shop I took the car to has done work on previous cars I have owned. Also the woman who hit me also has the same insurance company.. no out of pocket. I also told the owner no body filler, change the skin. So I am hoping the insurance company gives him the right amount of $$$ to do it right, after all its a new car and full coverage + my driving record is 100% clean. The only accidents I have been in are ones where people hit me..

Her car was a Acura SUV the one with the point front end like a boat!!
I have to specify and pay for a rider for OEM parts. So don't assume.
Old 5/20/13, 05:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

You need to look into claiming Diminished Value, especially if you intend to sell the car within the next few years.

Essentially the insurance company should pay you cash for the lost value of your wrecked vehicle. Just do a quick search for Diminished Value Auto Claim and read up.
Old 5/20/13, 06:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by kn7671
You need to look into claiming Diminished Value, especially if you intend to sell the car within the next few years.

Essentially the insurance company should pay you cash for the lost value of your wrecked vehicle. Just do a quick search for Diminished Value Auto Claim and read up.
@GreenCars, did you look at the thread I posted? https://themustangsource.com/f726/my...tinues-518978/

Now that I've seen your pictures, the damage isn't a lot different from what I had. I won a diminished value claim on this one as well, so there's some good info for you in that thread. Let me know questions or if I can help.
Old 5/20/13, 08:53 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow that sucks. I don't ever want to get rear ended! No pun intended
Old 5/21/13, 04:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Had my hood dented from a truck. Bought a used hood (red) had it painted to match my Kona blue. If I don't mention it no one can tell. I CAN. Even tho the paint matches 99.9 % I still see a diffrerence. It might be just me but isn't that what matters? I can live with it but i'm not happy I had to fix it.
Old 5/21/13, 06:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This is all that happened to mine 2 weeks ago,

957 in damages, does anyone know if that shows on my car report as a wreck of is there a number it needs to exceed? It was a simple bumper replacement. &should I look into the lost value claim on this aswell?
Attached Thumbnails Did not make it a year :(-image-3854213961.jpg  

Last edited by Hadtohaveit'13; 5/21/13 at 06:09 AM.
Old 5/21/13, 08:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
This is all that happened to mine 2 weeks ago,

957 in damages, does anyone know if that shows on my car report as a wreck of is there a number it needs to exceed? It was a simple bumper replacement. &should I look into the lost value claim on this aswell?
If an accident report/insurance claim was filed, then it will almost certainly show up on a CarFax or other similar report. Since there wasn't metal bodywork damage or any kind of unibody repair, hard to imagine it'd be worth the hassles involved of further claim filing, as your car's value hasn't changed that much, I wouldn't think. If you want to see what that process is like, I detailed it: https://themustangsource.com/f...tinues-518978/
Old 5/22/13, 01:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well the adjuster is due tomorrow, so we will see the $$$ of damages they give us. I am sure my guys will get the most out of them.
Old 5/22/13, 02:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Dayum Eric, I know that hurts. I understand your concern with the body shop matching the color. Color match used to be easy, but not anymore. If they have worked for you before, I'm sure they will do their best to make you satisfied. Good luck, and glad you weren't hurt.

BTW, you will get over the hurt. And, the car will be fine.
Old 5/23/13, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
In case its not already been mentioned, go after them for the diminished value. Your car will never be worth as much as it was just seconds before the accident occurred. I have collected several thousand dollars in diminished value claims. Make sure you get it!
Old 5/24/13, 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know all about Diminished value and with my body shop we plan on doing that after the car is repaired. I was shocked of how much the insurance company gave to repair the car.. Lets just say the amount they gave and I was to add 3K is what I owe on the car since I put down a decent chunk. I am confident they are going to fix factory new and as was said by the body shop owner since its a 13 OEM would be all they could do any way. Here is their shop car.. The owner is a Mustang guy and his favorite color is... Caliber Collisions.
Old 5/25/13, 03:31 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ouch, sorry to see this happen to any ones car. hope things turn out good for you.
Old 5/26/13, 05:18 AM

Man I am sorry! The person who hit you must be an idiot. How can you miss that color!
Old 5/28/13, 03:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 79_Limited
Man I am sorry! The person who hit you must be an idiot. How can you miss that color!
Exactly.. To many drivers when on a Parkway look to see who is coming and not who is just ahead of them, Worse yet when there is a stop sign they ignore. AKA my ordeal.
Old 5/28/13, 08:24 PM
V6 Member

Just barfed in my mouth!!!! That sucks!

Quick Reply: Did not make it a year :(