Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Did not make it a year :(

Search this Thread

Old 5/18/13, 03:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did not make it a year :( Now with Pics

Well after babying my 2013.. Washing her all the time, keeping her in the garage parking way away from everyone.. Then this morning wammmmm Rear ended. Crumpled the passenger side quarter and put a nice crease in the trunk etc.. with only 6700 miles on the clock I fear even after repair it will not be the same. I told my body shop guy I wanted 0% body filler on the car. He said no problem it will be the same as new. I can I be assured it will? Will I have issues down the road with rust etc? I trust the shop I took it to 100% but still wonder how they can ever make me feel right about the car again...

Her car was a Acura SUV the one with the point front end like a boat!!

Last edited by GreenCars; 5/19/13 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Added pics
Old 5/18/13, 03:16 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
that is messed up.... I fear being rear ended more than anything... hope it all goes well.
Old 5/18/13, 03:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This happened to me 2 weeks ago brother. Not as severe but I did get rear ended. It's been sprayed and now resprayed twice. But still slightly wrong. Any random person could not see the difference but I can, and they will fix it until its right and they understand that. They said soon the option for me will be blending my bumper into the quarter panels to fade the match into my car. I told them that's not happening. I might have to take it to another body shop which did my spoiler and that matched perfect
Old 5/18/13, 03:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GreenCars
I trust the shop I took it to 100% but still wonder how they can ever make me feel right about the car again...

So sorry for the bum luck.

It's not within the power of the shop to make you feel right about the car again - that rests within you. They can make the car 110% better, and you may still have that "feeling" in the pit of your stomach.

heck, after I hit a pothole, I SWEAR something is messed up for a couple of days - even when I KNOW that it's fine. That is a tough one to get past.

Sorry again for the bad luck, but I promise - you will endure and no one is hurt. That's all that matters.
Old 5/18/13, 05:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know this does not help much but it is better you got hit in the rear. front impacts often cause a lot of issues down the road. When I killed the front end on my 2003 I prayed for them to total it. They did. Hope the repairs go well.
Old 5/18/13, 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Technology has come a long way, I am hoping the feeling of it being wrecked goes away after I get it back. If it happened after years of owning would have made it a better pill to swallow. It happening so early and hardly a dent into the payment life also does not sit well. If I change the car a little while its there maybe will help with the feeling I have. Thanks for the support guys.
Old 5/18/13, 06:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Honestly I had the EXACT same feeling. I thought i was done with this car. Heartbroken. I bought some random stuff for it just to make me really want it again. I got trunk led, mustang rocks leather console, trunk mat. Small stuff. It put me back to how I was. I always know it was wrecked but it helped me a ton
Old 5/18/13, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I'd agree with the comment regarding the rear rather than the front in regards to repairs. I've been rear-ended once and the only difference i Noticed after repairs was the way the truck closed.

Good luck and sorry to hear.
Old 5/18/13, 06:28 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It sucks that it happened but once they are done the work it should be fine.
Old 5/18/13, 06:32 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Sorry to hear hopefully you get a quality repair and this is soon forgotten! Glad you weren't hurt or anyone else! :-)
Old 5/18/13, 06:37 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah it is disheartening. But the shop will do great and no one will ever know it happened. And though you will know, it will fade after the first romp down some two lane twisties.

Old 5/18/13, 07:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Havent seen pics of your damage yet but I have gone through a very similar accident lately - check out this thread and let me know if you have questions: https://themustangsource.com/f726/my...tinues-518978/
Old 5/18/13, 07:38 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I got hit 3 times in the first year. My car was parked and I came out to the damage. One was 1500 bucks!

People suck and cant drive. Too busy texting, feeding their fat faces, or *****ing at someone to pay attention while driving.

Very sorry to hear your news.
Old 5/18/13, 10:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I had a similar issue when I got into a wreck with my Chrome yellow car. I could see the differnce in yellow between panels. I ended up having them paint the entire car to make sure it matched. If they replaced an entire 1/4 panel I bet you have filler.
Old 5/19/13, 12:23 AM
Bullitt Member

For many years, body damage has been hidden with body filler. Sometimes it's hard to detect. But here's an old car dealer trick you can use to find it:

Tap the repaired surface with a small pocket magnet. Don't use a strong magnet. Use a weaker one. Chances are, you won't have to buy a magnet for this purpose either. Your refrigerator door probably has a bunch to choose from. If the quarter is replaced, you may find a very light skim-coat of filler applied, which is normal and nothing to worry about. Other than that, you'll be able to tell what's under the paint, and that should be metal.

Last edited by Missouri Hoss; 5/19/13 at 12:24 AM.
Old 5/19/13, 02:07 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Sorry this happened to you. People don't care about other people's belongings nowadays. Why is everyone is such a hurry anyway. I'm glad you are okay and that your car repairs are underway. I hope they repair it good as new. I also agree that they will put a skim coat of filler across the whole panel and then sand it down to make sure the panel is even. This is a precautionary measure given that it won't be a "Ford" piece of metal going on your car possibly. It's a standard practice for a shop who knows what they are doing. That being said, You should still be able to stick the magnet on any part of your car because there should've be literally millimeters of filler left on it, if that.
Old 5/19/13, 09:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Dam sorry dude
Old 5/19/13, 09:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Angry

I agree. Lately it feels like people are actually making an effort to hit my car. OP, just make sure your body shop is top notch and you'll be fine.

3 weeks ago, I was in a parking lot waiting for the car in front of me to pull into a parking space. the guy was waiting for a car to pull out of a space so he could take the spot. for some reason, he got impatient and proceeded to reverse his car directly into my front bumper. there was 6 cars behind me and I had nowhere to go.

I was honking my horn wildly when he did it. he then tried to drive off. I caught him and he was literally drinking gin and juice from a plastic cup. left a hole in my bumper the size of a grapefruit. its getting fixed this week. my insurance company was very cool about it so that's a plus.

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I got hit 3 times in the first year. My car was parked and I came out to the damage. One was 1500 bucks!

People suck and cant drive. Too busy texting, feeding their fat faces, or *****ing at someone to pay attention while driving.

Very sorry to hear your news.
Old 5/19/13, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

That sucks, but at least the person that hit you had insurance (hopefully)...

I see people talking or texting every day on I-35 (and I see one or two rear-enders almost every day as well).

Hope she gets fixed as good as new!
Old 5/19/13, 06:07 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

no one posts pics these days

Quick Reply: Did not make it a year :(