2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dib or anything dark check in here

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/14, 05:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The porter cable polisher is excellent, esp when used with lake country pads.
Old 4/7/14, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by roadrunner
What about waterless wash stuff? like croftgate? I'm using that.. but it's soo freaking windy lately that literally like an hour later the car has dust everywhere.. and since it's DIB, it's very visible
I have no experience with these, but I don't like the idea of them. Lots of guys say they work great, but if I'm washing my car, I'm taking the time to do a good job and you bet I'm going to use water.
Old 4/7/14, 10:47 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by ace72ace
The porter cable polisher is excellent, esp when used with lake country pads.
absolutely
Old 4/7/14, 10:49 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
I have no experience with these, but I don't like the idea of them. Lots of guys say they work great, but if I'm washing my car, I'm taking the time to do a good job and you bet I'm going to use water.
i've tried the waterless spray on my bikes. I don't see the appeal. It's not designed for alot of dirt, just light stuff. my DIB gets washed with loving care using water etc. No cheap waterless for her
Old 4/7/14, 11:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
i've tried the waterless spray on my bikes. I don't see the appeal. It's not designed for alot of dirt, just light stuff. my DIB gets washed with loving care using water etc. No cheap waterless for her
That's kind of what I figured, seems like a lazy man's wash…if I'm going to wash it, I may as well wash it right, right?

The thought of dirty car + waterless product makes me cringe, then again I shy away from using quick detailers on heavily waxed cars with a super thin coat of dust, too, so there you go - I may be overly cautious…all about touching the paint as little as possible for me.
Old 4/8/14, 06:00 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by puma1552
That's kind of what I figured, seems like a lazy man's wash…if I'm going to wash it, I may as well wash it right, right?

The thought of dirty car + waterless product makes me cringe, then again I shy away from using quick detailers on heavily waxed cars with a super thin coat of dust, too, so there you go - I may be overly cautious…all about touching the paint as little as possible for me.
I'll use the waterless wash on my wife's DD Escape to knock off the winter grime. A polish in the spring takes off the marring which was not bad at all. The Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish was enough to smooth it out. But, it is also white and a lease. I've been using the Blackfire waterless wash this year. It still had a slick feel and great beading even after a long winter.

The only time I use the waterless wash on the DIB Mustang is to loosen up the bugs on a road trip before they get cooked on. It also has a coat of wet diamond and wax over it though. I'm a big fan of nothing touching the paint on the stang

Like most things it really depends on your needs and how your car is used/abused.
Old 4/8/14, 07:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by roadrunner
What about waterless wash stuff? like croftgate? I'm using that.. but it's soo freaking windy lately that literally like an hour later the car has dust everywhere.. and since it's DIB, it's very visible
With a deft hand, try a GOOD quality California Duster for the very light stuff. They're soft as a microfiber and will lift the dust. After each pass give it a good shake so it drops the dust and recharges the static e-charge in it. Don't forget to shake it downwind of your car

John