2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

The Devil Is In The Details

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/10, 10:33 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Devil Is In The Details

I am 10 years removed from this new generation Mustang, as my car is a 2000 GT. As I wait and read reviews, watch video's and listen to many of you guys talk about your 2010 GT or specualte about the 2011, one thing really stands out about these cars. The attention to detail is way above anything I know and would be used to. It looks as if Ford has really stepped up their game when it comes to content, quality and design of the latest generation Mustangs, especially in 2011. I was watching the latest video just posted on here, and in the video it shows the H-pipe. Now typically years ago, if you wanted performance, you knew you were going to be pulling this off and replacing it with a better version like a Bassani X-pipe, but this thing looks like it's designed robustly right now. I even see a bellowed section on the cross over which I am assuming helps in fitment and probably NHV. It's all of these little details which come togehter to make this car so much more refined than anything before it, and has to be one of the major differences between these cars and the Camaro. I believe the Mustang has evolved more so in this aspect than the Camaro and the Challenger, which gets some people mentioning it in the same breath as BMW. Can't wait to get it.
Attached Thumbnails The Devil Is In The Details-h-pipe.jpg  
Old 4/15/10, 10:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

right on, i bought mine after test driving G37 and 335i. attention to detail is excellent
Old 4/15/10, 11:37 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by yellowpony1568
I am 10 years removed from this new generation Mustang, as my car is a 2000 GT.
I see that your 2000 GT is Zinc Yellow, so it's gotta be a "Spring Feature" GT (with the black hood stripes with "GT" cutouts, polished/unique 17x8 wheels, rear bumper blackout lettering, side/hood scoops). I bought a 2000 "Spring Feature" GT Coupe brand new. Silver with charcoal cloth and a manual trans. Great looking car that I replaced later with an '03 Mach 1 (more stripes & scoops, like the '00 Spring Feature, but with a 32V V8).

Got any picks of your '00 GT to share? There were only 3,901 Spring Feature GT's built, and IIRC only 911 were Zinc Yellow. You could only get Zinc Yellow on the Spring Feature GT's in 2000 (become available on all models in 2001).

And, yes, you are correct that our beloved Mustangs are evolving nicely with lots of details being addressed by Ford that had long-plagued earlier models.

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 4/15/10 at 11:39 AM.
Old 4/15/10, 11:52 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
And, yes, you are correct that our beloved Mustangs are evolving nicely with lots of details being addressed by Ford that had long-plagued earlier models.
I see this as a direct result of the One Ford plan. By greatly reducing the number of available models, the engineers now have time to focus on all of the detail improvements almost in real time.

Consider all of the tweaks that have been done outside of model year changes. Can anyone think of a time before when structural improvements we made in the middle of a platform's lifetime? I think it's awesome, though a bit frustrating to know that there will always be something better the following year. I guess I'll just have to keep my cars fresh to take advantage of the improvements.