Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Decision time: Trade in for 2018 or mod the hell out of it?

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/17, 08:12 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by kylerohde
Good lord. Go on ANY enthusiast website and you'll find lots of problems that seem like they're rampant across the range, until you remember that Ford sold 100k Mustangs last year and there's less than 0.5% of the owners on this forum.
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Just what in the hell did you think I meant.. I was also referring to the body style.. And once again, the Mustang's body style is now going on 4 years old.. As for the Camaro, you're wrong again, as it's all new and completely re-designed from the bottom up, including it's lighter Alpha platform shared with the Cadillac ATS to it's re-designed shorter wheel base and body..

First you claim people were buying 2015 Mustangs that hated the new body style and then claim they were buying them because of the new body style despite the bugs they were having.. So which is it, as you can't even keep your da*n claims straight from one moment to the next..

And FYI.. Ford is re-designing the the 2020 Mustang from the ground up and not just some freaking re-fresh.. As there isn't going to be anymore 10 year generations like there was in the past.. The current model for 2018 has already had it's re-fresh.. So just what in the hell are your talking about, as there isn't going to be any 5 year re-fresh..

As I mentioned before, there are bugs in every new model.. I don't give a rats @ss who the manufacturer is.. So whether you like it or not, that's reality and the way it is and the reason why people buy them, is because they're fully aware of the fact they are fully covered under the manufacturer's new car bumper to bumper warranty and not just because they happen to offer the latest body style in which once again doesn't make any logical sense whatsoever
Guys... why are you still responding to certain individuals? We've already established the value that some of these people give to this site. Nothing. Don't waste your time. Just do what I do, ignore and move on. Don't waste your typing fingers.
Old 3/9/17, 08:13 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Wow, Burton.
I can't picture you as a used car guy??

Have you tried trading in your car for a brand new Challenger T/A 392? You might just get a good deal and if you only have to pay minimal monthly payment for your new car,...it's a win. You were going to spend that anyways in upgrades, right?
(I saw a green Challenger T/A 392 today on the way home from work not too far from home. Made me do a double take. Great looking car.)
Tony - I will only buy "used" from people like me. LOL. In other words, I would be very selective of people I buy from. Example, I'd buy from you, in a heartbeat. The car I buy "used", will need to be in impeccable shape, and have low miles. Done.
Old 3/9/17, 10:56 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
You're arguing & repeating what i'm saying, & not understanding me.
The Camaro & Challenger BODYSTYLE looks the same since it came out;
the Mustang was redone in 2015;
people complained about the 2015 Mustang body styles, BUT, they outsold the other 2;
since the 2015 were new/newer, they had bugs
(just like any refresh/update,)
people didn't want to wait until 2016/17 to buy a new Mustang without bugs;
when the new Stangs come out in 2020, there were be bugs & buyers;
they are going to be refreshed/redesigned more often now to compete with everyone else,
& they will be too busy doing that, instead of getting the bugs out that are already there.
(same as all technology, everyone was something new, instead of making what they have better)
Good post G-Dog.
Old 3/9/17, 02:47 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,743 Posts
You're arguing & repeating what i'm saying, & not understanding me.
The Camaro & Challenger BODYSTYLE looks the same since it came out;
the Mustang was redone in 2015;
people complained about the 2015 Mustang body styles, BUT, they outsold the other 2;
since the 2015 were new/newer, they had bugs
(just like any refresh/update,)
people didn't want to wait until 2016/17 to buy a new Mustang without bugs;
when the new Stangs come out in 2020, there were be bugs & buyers;
they are going to be refreshed/redesigned more often now to compete with everyone else,
& they will be too busy doing that, instead of getting the bugs out that are already there.
(same as all technology, everyone was something new, instead of making what they have better)
Not understanding what ??? 95% of the time, you come on these threads and hijack them with your worthless speculation claims and have nothing to back them up with that make any logical sense whatsoever..

Then on top of that, you can't seem to comprehend that all new 1st year model cars have freaking bugs in them no matter who the car manufacturer happens to be and yet you wonder why I've repeated myself And yes, I'm repeating myself once again, as you also can't seem to comprehend that the current 6th generation Camaro is a completely re-designed model on GM's Alpha platform and despite the physical appearance of it's body style, it's also been completely re-designed and not just some freaking re-fresh according to your speculation claims..

And yes, once again when people buy new cars, they know full well they're going to have bugs/problems to them which is the purpose behind having new bumper to bumper warranty coverage in the first place, otherwise people wouldn't take the risk in buying them to begin with nor would car manufacturers stay in business for very long either.. Therefore if you really think people are going to spend 35-40k and up for a new car just for it's body style, but have no warranty coverage in place ? Then you're really not dealing with reality very well at all.. So once again, if there was any real accuracy behind your speculation claims, then how is it that the 6th generation Mustang which is now entering it's 4th year of production is not only outselling GM's completely re-designed 6th generation Camaro from just it's second year and third years in production, but also took the Crapmaro's number 1 spot in sales as well.. If what you claim had any accuracy to it at all, it would be the Camaro outselling the Mustang and not the other way around..

That being said, when the completely re-designed 7th generation Mustang arrives in 2020, yes it's going to have bugs just as any new 1st year model which once again is exactly the purpose behind having a bumper to bumper new car warranty in the first place
Old 3/9/17, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Guys... why are you still responding to certain individuals? We've already established the value that some of these people give to this site. Nothing. Don't waste your time. Just do what I do, ignore and move on. Don't waste your typing fingers.
Burton ! You're absolutely right
Old 3/9/17, 03:03 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,737 Likes on 1,234 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
Oh yes...I've thought about it and thought about it. I'm in love with the Challenger T/A 392...
I have a couple of problems here though. My 2011 GT 300A BBP was $29k out the door with X-plan. The Challenger T/A is an incredible machine, awesome looking, amazing sounding, etc...but it's $16,000 more than my Mustang was and really no quicker in any situation?
Guess how much a 2011 GT with 30k miles is worth as a trade in! About $16k. Yeah, I know I've had almost 7 years with that car but it still looks and drives brand new and this formula feels a little bit too much like wadding up my Mustang, throwing it away and starting over entirely with payments.
It's a mental block that I haven't been able to navigate yet...which is why I'm here asking this question.
Sounds like you need to really sit and think about it. Either you keep it and mod and spend money, or you buy brand new and spend money, but at least you'll have a warranty with the new car.
Obviously you want something new. You know the saying,...you wanna play, you gotta pay. Good luck!

Tony - I will only buy "used" from people like me. LOL. In other words, I would be very selective of people I buy from. Example, I'd buy from you, in a heartbeat. The car I buy "used", will need to be in impeccable shape, and have low miles. Done.
That a boy!!! lol
The following users liked this post:
MRGTX (3/10/17)
Old 3/10/17, 07:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Are you getting a Demon?
Oh, if only!
Even a Hellcat is outside of my price bracket!
It's a really exciting machine. I can't wait until the full reveal.

How about you? Do you know anyone who is thinking about it?
Old 3/10/17, 07:22 AM
I Have No Life

Burton ! You're absolutely right
Rocky - just look at that individual's posts above. LOL. I don't address them at all. Just set to ignore. Worthless. Again, just move on. I don't know why they are still on this site.

=========

Mike - best of luck on the decision! Keep us posted. I saw on svtperformance, places like Livernois Motorsports have a lot of modification options, some even for 5-6k INSTALLED! Did you see that? That would have been a deal! I wish I was close to Michigan
Old 3/10/17, 05:31 PM

Ok, so why is the Mustang outselling the others?
(I don't know what you are arguing about, since you're just repeating me (???)
I said the Camaro & Challengers basically look the same as when they came out, almost a decade ago;
& the people were/are complaining about the Mustangs new style, but it still outsells the other 2;
Why doesn't anyone on here actually read things instead of arguing? I don't understand.

Perhaps if you knew how to read to begin with, I wouldn't have to repeat myself over and over again when addressing your questions in the first place lol..

Therefore I'm going to say this for the last time.. Although the Camaro doesn't look much different from the previous 5th generation, the current 6th generation 2016-2018 has been completely re-designed including the body on GM's Alpha platform from the Cadillac ATS which is also 200lbs lighter in weight over the previous 5th generation Camaro.. As for the people who you claim are complaining about the Mustang's current body style, aren't the ones who are buying them to begin with.. You're going by what people on these forums and the internet are going by..

FYI: People on these internet forums are just a small fraction compared to the thousands upon thousands of others that make up the majority of those who are buying them.. For they are the reason why the Mustang is outselling both the Camaro and Challenger.. And it's not just because of the current body style either.. So if you would like another reason, well here you are, so pay attention.. The Mustang is also outselling the other 2 because people look at the Mustang as the better overall value and alternative despite the bugs/problems you brought up, as that was from 2 years ago, as those bugs have since been fixed and resolved and so once again that is what the purpose of having a new car bumper to bumper warranty is meant for in the first place, that's why people buy them.. Heck when I bought my first S197 which was a 2005 GT. it also had bugs, but that didn't stop me from buying it because I knew that my bumper to bumper warranty would cover any replacement parts and labor costs due to those bugs/issues for which it did cover.. So did I have a reason to be worried ? Hell no I didn't.. Therefore why should anybody have to wait up to 2 years until all the bugs are worked out before buying a new car when they don't have to wait around at all to begin with..

That being said, I'll provide you with one last bit of advice.. Do both yourself and others on this forum a favor by doing some actual real world research instead of just going by what you read on internet boards..

As to whether you chose to take this advice or not, is entirely your decision.. But either way, I'm no longer going to waste anymore of my time on someone who obviously doesn't value nor is able to comprehend the feedback and support that's provided to them when addressing their questions And btw: I wouldn't need a reason nor have anything to gain by repeating you to begin with.. As you've been doing exactly just fine on your own in repeating yourself as it is

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/11/17 at 03:14 AM.
Old 3/10/17, 05:49 PM

Rocky - just look at that individual's posts above. LOL. I don't address them at all. Just set to ignore. Worthless. Again, just move on. I don't know why they are still on this site.
Burton ! trust me I tried using the ignore function and it didn't help at all.. They were still able to respond from reading my posts while being offline.. Therefore the ignore function is totally useless.. As for the reasons why these individuals are still on this site ? Only the mods would know the answer to that one lol.

-Rocky
Old 3/10/17, 11:15 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'm like you. And I've farted in all of my cars.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 3/10/17 at 11:51 PM.
Old 3/10/17, 11:45 PM

Old 3/11/17, 08:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,058 Posts
. . . why these individuals are still on this site ? . . . .
probably because most of these sites are dying a slow death and any user who posts is better than nothing, LOL

so my unwanted suggestion is -- lighten up!

Old 3/11/17, 08:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
The Mustang is out selling the other because it is stocking cars over seas. Remember it is the first time for that.

The Challenger and its other platforms are selling so well they extended the production dates for a few more years.

The New Mustang is terrible to look at IMO that is why I ordered a 2014.

Cars are so Subjective..
Old 3/11/17, 10:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
The Mustang is out selling the other because it is stocking cars over seas. Remember it is the first time for that.

The Challenger and its other platforms are selling so well they extended the production dates for a few more years.

The New Mustang is terrible to look at IMO that is why I ordered a 2014.

Cars are so Subjective..
No...the sales numbers I posted earlier were US only. Mustang dominates here too.
Old 3/11/17, 02:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
This is a crazy business the car industry. Just glad the HP wars are heating up again..
Old 3/11/17, 04:46 PM

Please stick to the topic, & try not to hijack the threads.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/11/17 at 05:04 PM.
Old 3/11/17, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bert
probably because most of these sites are dying a slow death and any user who posts is better than nothing, LOL

so my unwanted suggestion is -- lighten up!

Old 3/11/17, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by kylerohde
No...the sales numbers I posted earlier were US only. Mustang dominates here too.
Old 3/14/17, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OP...wait until the 2020 refresh. The V8 will be a carry over motor and we will probably be getting a complete redesign since it is the 55th anniversary. I also have a S197 that is paid off and has hella mods. Since the 2018 still does nothing for me even after seeing it at NAIAS in Detroit I am waiting...fingers crossed.