Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dealer is asking for a new PIN?

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/10, 01:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer is asking for a new PIN?

I head over to the dealer to see how they are making out with my new rims that are going to be replaced due to damage prior to delivery, and the salesman comes running up to me telling me he needs a new PIN for my car, that the one i gave him expired..

not for nothing if the PIN was expired which i doubt, they are good for one year. why does he need another one?
Old 8/12/10, 05:16 AM
Banned

Who did you get the PIN from?

PINs are good for one year, but can be cancelled if the sponsor revokes it. So you have to stay in touch with the person that sponsors you; we are privy to whether or not a PIN we give gets used, so if you receive a PIN then decide not to use it we can cancel it and give it to someone else.

IF you haven't been in contact with your sponsor and you car takes an unusually long time to come in, then he/she may have assumed that you've changed your mind about the purchase and gave it to someone else.

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 8/12/10 at 05:21 AM.
Old 8/12/10, 12:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

i dont have a sponsor. i got the PIN through my company that i work for.
could it be related to the other dealer using it to order the car?
Old 8/12/10, 01:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pony racer
i dont have a sponsor. i got the PIN through my company that i work for.
could it be related to the other dealer using it to order the car?
It shouldn't. The PIN isn't "used" until the sale is finalized ie. money changes hands. The fact that your dealer may or may not have submitted it as an X-Plan sale and get your name put on doesn't really mean anything.
Old 8/12/10, 01:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

just get a new one issued, no big deal
Old 8/13/10, 04:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
just get a new one issued, no big deal
kinda is a big deal, trying to convince my gf into getting a v6 convert, if i do i will need that PIN only issued 2/yr
Old 8/13/10, 04:47 AM
Banned

kinda is a big deal, trying to convince my gf into getting a v6 convert, if i do i will need that PIN only issued 2/yr
Well, there are three things to look at.

One, ask your dealer to show you documentation from VINCENT saying the PIN is expired.

Second you can call Ford customer service and explain the situation; that the PIN was issued and not revoked. They should be able to tell what happened (ie is the PIN expired or was it misused?) and might be able to rectify the situation. IF it wasn't used (or misused) then the PIN shouldn't count against you, you should be able to get another one in your name. But that in the end depends on your employer.

Third, find out when your 2/yr resets. Remember that if you're not ordering until Nov or so and it resets in January you should be ok. Worse case scenario you can ask for one from the other forum.

Karpro, there is a limit to how many PINs can be issued depending on its source. Ford employees can get 4 issued a year, some in the supplier chain 2, and IIRC stockholders one. And there have been cases where shenanigans have gone on where a dealer have used (or tried to use) a PIN for a non-eligible customer and the PIN gets cancelled; and that IS a big deal.
Old 8/13/10, 12:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Unless you are putting girlfriends car in your name she isn't eligible to use your pin anyway. Dealer should have verified pin eligibilty prior to delivery as well.
Old 8/13/10, 02:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
Unless you are putting girlfriends car in your name she isn't eligible to use your pin anyway. Dealer should have verified pin eligibilty prior to delivery as well.
was the PIN used when the order was placed or at the time of delivery?
if @ time of order the xxx code in the options section with my name, then that may be posing an issue since the original dealer went out of business.

im just trying to make sure the dealer isnt " trying" to do something like using my PIN to order another car or something,

at this point iv had my car for over 3 weeks, what are they going to do try and take it back?
Old 8/13/10, 03:16 PM
Banned

was the PIN used when the order was placed or at the time of delivery?
if @ time of order the xxx code in the options section with my name, then that may be posing an issue since the original dealer went out of business.
Like I said, if that happened and the PIN was not "used" on another vehicle, you should be able to obtain another PIN without the first counting against you.

I'm entitled to 4 X-Plan PINs (and 4 A-Plan PINs) a year, but I could actually generate countless actual PIN numbers so long as I cancel a previous PIN before generating another.
Old 8/13/10, 03:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

I doubt they are trying to pull anything. Quite honestly the commission they get paid isn't worth the penalty that would get charged when they got caught cheating. You did sign an x-plan agreement that does stipulate that you can be charged the commission if you end up not be eligible.
Old 8/14/10, 01:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

well i went to the website. put in all my information.. did a pin search.. NO PIN showed up under my name / ss# which is weird, cause i forgot my pin at one point and it gave me the original one i used.

so requested a new PIN.. got it no issues.. printed out the paper.. called the dealer.. no answer, guess ill try again tomorrow..
Old 8/15/10, 08:50 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
shouldn't be a problem, you can make as many as you want.. could only USE 2 per yr per SS#.
Once I used 2 and needed another so I changed one of the digits in my SS# and created a new one with that, same name & address, and it worked no problem.. I bought a car with it!