2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

De-modding to sell my car

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/14, 05:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We all do what we have to do, good luck with your debt free plan!
I'm here in north Houston and would have loved to had heard the Flowmaster outlaws you have for sale on the car. I currently have the Flowmaster American Thunder Classic installed and while I'm happy with the sound I wouldn't mind bumping up to a tiny bit more aggressive. I've listened to the sound clips on AM and some on U Tube but really can't tell much of a difference, but just to let you know I'm thinking about it.....
Old 8/1/14, 05:59 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GT50GO
We all do what we have to do, good luck with your debt free plan!
I'm here in north Houston and would have loved to had heard the Flowmaster outlaws you have for sale on the car. I currently have the Flowmaster American Thunder Classic installed and while I'm happy with the sound I wouldn't mind bumping up to a tiny bit more aggressive. I've listened to the sound clips on AM and some on U Tube but really can't tell much of a difference, but just to let you know I'm thinking about it.....
They are LOUD!

Been so long since I drove the car with the stock mufflers that it was a revelation to drive it again with it SO QUIET!

Could hardly shift right since I couldn't hear it anymore, so used to shifting by the sound!

My video on my youtube channel has a decent video of the outlaws on my car, sounds pretty good with some good speakers hooked to your computer. Give it a listen!
Old 8/1/14, 07:05 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Mustang is as good as gone, got my minimum price, but had nobody to take me home after leaving the car so it will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday before I deliver it.

As to cdynaco, as Dave always talks about, the factor you leave out of your figuring is RISK. It's not the interest rate that makes the difference, it's the risk of something happening that causes you to have issues with carrying debt. If what you have is paid for then you don't have much risk of losing it.

As to why I am doing this now and not years ago, only answer I am willing to give is that I hadn't seen the light. There are other factors in my life at play here but I am not going to go into that stuff.

If you aren't afraid you might be swayed, give Dave Ramsey a listen. You have to be willing to listen for more than just a few minutes to really understand all that he talks about.

Anyway, as I said, not looking for anyone to talk me out of this, I'm doing it and fully believe I will be the better for it.
Well as I said, I already posted way longer than I intended and naturally those are only highlights.

Again, good luck with your plan.

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/3/14 at 10:46 AM.
Old 8/4/14, 05:12 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Done deal, dropped the car off and picked up my check.

Only parts from it I still have for sale is the Outlaw axle back.
Old 8/5/14, 11:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Is this one of those threads where we are supposed to show sympathy and support towards the OP because they no longer own a Mustang?

*yawn*
Old 8/6/14, 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 70monte
I have no credit card debt and refuse to charge anything I can't pay off in a month.
This is actually very smart... Credit card companies as we all know charge retailers a fee to be able to use their cards. Which enables card holders to get things like cash back, points, etc. as long as you pay your balance every month you are essentially getting something for nothing vs paying with cash. The credit card fees are built into every retailers pricing models so if someone is paying with cash they are paying more for the same good or service than someone with a credit card.

Now carrying cc debt where they charge you interest is crazy and is a whole different story.