2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Considering trading in my 13' GT Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 10/22/12, 01:59 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
you would lose $3000-5000 on the deal. The new car would run about $37,000. The down payment would depend on your credit score.
Way more then that more like $10,000 that someone else posted.
In fact he better move fast next month starts the 14's and way more loss to be had!
Old 10/22/12, 05:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Keep what you have. Spend a little at a time (when the money comes available), and customize it to your taste.

I guess the big question however is: is losing 5 to 8K on trade in worth a color change?

If it helps you feel better, I wanted Kona Blue, but bought Race Red, as it had more options then the Kona Blue on the lot. I've been very happy and have never regreted it.
Old 10/22/12, 06:44 AM
Banned

There is also the idea of keeping the car, not modding it, pay more every month than the note is, and when it's no longer upside downing him (three years maybe) trading it off for what he wanted all along. This hardly ever ends well. I remember when my ex had a brand new 2006 Mariner, drove it around for 9 months, then traded it for a left over 2006 Mustang.. Lost big on that one...
Old 10/22/12, 07:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
One thing that is uncertain is whether or not the OP can afford to do this. Who knows, maybe he has access to a lot of money - I mean he did buy a brand new 2013 to begin with so...
Old 10/22/12, 07:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mopar?
This is why you dont settle and not let impetience get the best of you. This is why i ordered and didnt settle. Its a big chunk of money so why not spend a little more and get what you really want in the first place. This is a prime example of how age doesnt mean crap regarding brains and maturity.
I'm starting to think it is. You may have made the more financially savvy decision, but the smug comments I frequently see from you tend to indicate otherwise. The OP already regrets his decision and knows there are consequences, and is trying to weigh the possible outcomes, and asked for advice. Which indicates he is not acting impulsive this time around, even though it may be a poor financial decision. But, if it is worth it to him to be in the car he wants, so be it. He doesn't need your insinuations that he lacks the brains and maturity that you so frequently pride yourself on.
Old 10/22/12, 08:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by max5ive0
I'm starting to think it is. You may have made the more financially savvy decision, but the smug comments I frequently see from you tend to indicate otherwise. The OP already regrets his decision and knows there are consequences, and is trying to weigh the possible outcomes, and asked for advice. Which indicates he is not acting impulsive this time around, even though it may be a poor financial decision. But, if it is worth it to him to be in the car he wants, so be it. He doesn't need your insinuations that he lacks the brains and maturity that you so frequently pride yourself on.
Old 10/22/12, 08:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

WOW.. to this thread. I agree the only thing to ever say on a public forum is to be in a positive light if you need to comment. If not a positive contribution then STFU. This is the second thread I have seen you make ageist comments WTF Mopar??? Didn't your parent teach you about respecting your elders??

Last edited by GreenCars; 10/22/12 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10/22/12, 09:33 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm glad I asked you guys have good points. Gave me a good reality check which is what I needed. I'll take it as a lesson learned for next time around to be patient and get what I want. For now I agree I'm grateful for what I have. Now that my car see's me as a trader, I must go give it a slow therapeutic wash and buy an axle back to regain it's trust

Originally Posted by laserred38
What color did you buy? Vinyl wraps have gotten very good these days. I'd vinyl wrap it Grabber Blue (maybe even matte Grabber Blue to be different) and get one of your mods every 6 months or so, if you can afford that. The wrap will a) protect your paint so you don't have to worry about waxing it or scratches and b) you can custom design it however you want - i.e. stripes or graphics. It's a win-win.
I like your outside of the box thinking, especially that it would serve as more protection. I imagine it's ridiculously priced, I'll have to check it out.

Originally Posted by JCStang
Are all 7,000 miles yours or did it have some on it when you bought it. Man, thats a lot of miles...
Yea I drive my cars for sure. Most of it is from 2k round trip to FL and just cruising. My job is only 5 mi ea. way x 3 days/wk

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
That hurts my brain to even think about making a trade like that. Best go to Costco and see if they sell lube in 5 gallon buckets, you're going to need it.
I think Sams has a better deal.

Originally Posted by GRN 5OH
If I were you I would keep it and invest some money into a financial planning class...
I do plan to since it is very difficult to be successful without knowing how to control your money. I'm upset this sort of education is not taught more in HS and required in College.
Old 10/22/12, 09:42 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
^ I think these comments are just the "tough love" comments. I don't think anyone means anything personally and are just trying to keep it real.

One jack hole commented earlier that the OP should "be glad that his car isn't a V6." That's the crap that that is uncalled for, incites, and most of all has nothing to do with the question the OP originally asked. He said he "was kidding" first then said "not really." So hateful.

I wish the mods would delete that comment from that person. I own the 6 and 8 and my cars don't take umbrage. It's just the point that the community is whole heartedly trying the help the OP and some a-hole has to get a sucker punch in the V6 owners!

That's how the crap starts and the mods close threads. Can we please get back to the subject at hand?
Old 10/22/12, 09:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Xtian85
I'm glad I asked you guys have good points. Gave me a good reality check which is what I needed. I'll take it as a lesson learned for next time around to be patient and get what I want. For now I agree I'm grateful for what I have. Now that my car see's me as a trader, I must go give it a slow therapeutic wash and buy an axle back to regain it's trust

I like your outside of the box thinking, especially that it would serve as more protection. I imagine it's ridiculously priced, I'll have to check it out.

Yea I drive my cars for sure. Most of it is from 2k round trip to FL and just cruising. My job is only 5 mi ea. way x 3 days/wk

I think Sams has a better deal.

I do plan to since it is very difficult to be successful without knowing how to control your money. I'm upset this sort of education is not taught more in HS and required in College.
Sounds good. Good luck man. Most full vehicle vinyl wraps range from $3-5k. Definitely shop around, as it's becoming all the rage now. Look at online vendors too, as there might be companies that sell precut kits. A lot of that cost comes from labor - the product itself isn't that expensive. I like the idea of never having to care for the paint for the life of the car, and when it comes time to sell it, you just peel the vinyl off and the paint looks brand new!

About the Brembos, I love the way they look and the cache that comes with having the Brembo name on your car, but unless you come across a screaming deal (like the one posted above) they aren't worth as much. If I ordered a car, I would have gotten them as I like the look of the wheels, but they've become less and less a deal breaker for me. Just paint your factory calipers black, throw some slotted rotors, braided steel lines and upgrade the fluid, and you'll be outperforming the factory Brembo setup. The factory Brembo setup is good, but the stock brakes aren't bad.

Just looking for ways to help you save money and make your car unique. If you don't trade it, you're locked in with this car at least another three years, so I'd try to make the best of that time. Like I said, I think a matte Grabber Blue with black roof would look awesome and be even better than factory paint. Black calipers and some black zinc coated rotors, lower it, get some nice wheels and you'll be set. You don't need to get factory Recaros either. Personally, I love the Corbeau GTS II seats. They look OEM, and I sat in them at multiple car shows - very comfortable and nice bolstering. But, $700 (new) for a set plus $99 for the rails!

Last edited by laserred38; 10/22/12 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10/22/12, 09:51 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Barry626
Way more then that more like $10,000 that someone else posted.
In fact he better move fast next month starts the 14's and way more loss to be had!
im pretty good with these numbers.. I buy a new mustang about every 10 months now.
Old 10/22/12, 09:56 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars
WOW.. to this thread. I agree the only thing to ever say on a public forum is to be in a positive light if you need to comment. If not a positive contribution then STFU. This is the second thread I have seen you make ageist comments WTF Mopar??? Didn't your parent teach you about respecting your elders??
on a public forum with adults you really not need to be positive or quite.. Hes a big boy im sure some posts on a forum are not the end for him. You can take that girlie crap to a prius forum and talk about tree humping.
Old 10/22/12, 09:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks to the magic of credit you are stuck. Learn from it and move on - at least you're driving a Mustang at the end of the day.
Old 10/22/12, 10:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You will take a bath on that deal. Hold out for the 2015.
Old 10/22/12, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
^ I think these comments are just the "tough love" comments. I don't think anyone means anything personally and are just trying to keep it real.

One jack hole commented earlier that the OP should "be glad that his car isn't a V6." That's the crap that that is uncalled for, incites, and most of all has nothing to do with the question the OP originally asked. He said he "was kidding" first then said "not really." So hateful.

I wish the mods would delete that comment from that person. I own the 6 and 8 and my cars don't take umbrage. It's just the point that the community is whole heartedly trying the help the OP and some a-hole has to get a sucker punch in the V6 owners!

That's how the crap starts and the mods close threads. Can we please get back to the subject at hand?
I apologize that it deeply offended you so much. It's difficult to convey sarcastic humor through text. My intent was to inject humor and to reassure the OP that his car is fine. I have a black car but I originally intended a different color. But focus on the good parts and I've been happy with it. One of the finer points being that it is a V8 and a standard. Don't shoot us for taking pride in that.
Old 10/22/12, 10:43 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Mirad_GT12

I apologize that it deeply offended you so much. It's difficult to convey sarcastic humor through text. My intent was to inject humor and to reassure the OP that his car is fine. I have a black car but I originally intended a different color. But focus on the good parts and I've been happy with it. One of the finer points being that it is a V8 and a standard. Don't shoot us for taking pride in that.
That makes sense. "Not really." You help appease a serious situation by making fun of someone who has less?

Example: would you call your friends wife flat chested or fat to make YOUR wife feel better about her appearance? Your logic is flawed.
Whether or not your intentions were good, you still managed to insult a large part of the mustang source community. I'm not offended by it, I'm just trying to keep the clutter out the threads. You knew d@mn well what you were saying when you typed that.

I would also appreciate it if you stopped sending me private messages about how to correctly use in text citations.

I think I have enough letters behind my name to make a grammatical error now and then.