2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

C'mon Steeda.....

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/13, 07:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edit: the only thing I received from Steeda was an ad for me to buy some filter cleaner
Old 3/13/13, 07:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Send a new email address to tim@steeda.com and we will see if we can solve this issue.

I will have Gus send the same tune to my gmail account and see if I have any issues?

Something is causing the email not to received.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 3/13/13, 07:19 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by blairnr67
I haven't received anything, and I reverified the email you had in file for me with Rod. Maybe we need to try a different email address?
Possibly, PM me a an email address other than your gmail one...
Old 3/13/13, 07:35 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Gus,

We got it taken care of ... he received the new tune this morning ... not sure what the issue was.

Nathan, please let me know if you need help with anything else?

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 3/13/13, 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

After talking to a couple Steeda guys, the issue was resolved. Thanks for dealing with my needs this morning. I do appreciate that.
Old 3/13/13, 07:53 AM
Bullitt Member

While I do believe that maybe a little more could have been done on Steedas end, I believe that this thread was a knee jerk reaction and that you should have given Steeda the chance to make it right first.

**** happens, especially with such a small window of time to work with. And they're not perfect, but they will always make it right. Give them a chance instead of trying to openly blast them.

Don't worry I read the whole thread, so don't say I missed anything. Simply put you were in the wrong for making this thread.

I am glad that they made it right, but that's impossible to do when they're not working or possibly not even away... At 12:01 AM when the thread was made. Hopefully you will continue to do business with them, or at the very least have no ill feelings towards them. Good luck with your parts install today!

Last edited by grabberblue 5.0; 3/13/13 at 07:55 AM.
Old 3/13/13, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Should have went with AED, I get my updated tunes in hours and they are perfect. Got my boss tune in 2 hours , then i needed another adjustment done because my handheld was not calibrating my speedo right when i installed my gears and shaun emailed me a tune in 1.5 hours of sending him an email asking what was up with the tuner and i didnt even ask him to update the tune for 3.73's. Not taking anything away from steeda because i loved their tune and i love their parts but they are a bigger company and have a ton more going on so i can see them taking longer . Took them 3 days to get my brother his updated tune. Shaun with AED's customer service is top notch
Old 3/13/13, 08:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

I know it was a knee jerk reaction, and I apologize for that. But, with that being said, I needed to get my urgency across. In the end, it worked. I got Steeda's attention, and they worked with me very professionally, and I was able to experience their quality customer service that I've heard so much about. I do not have any more hard feelings towards them.
Old 3/13/13, 09:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I haven't dyno'd my car with the Steeda tune & CAI yet. The 409 rwhp was last spring with an SCT canned tune for 91 octane fuel (came with the tuner - one of SCT's 'strategy tunes') and a K&N air filter inside the stock airbox. The dyno used was a very stingy Mustang dyno. I plan on dyno'ing the car again soon to see how the Steeda tune & CAI work. I also drag race a lot and our local tracks open in about 4 weeks, so I'll see if my trap speeds are higher now (a sure way to quantify power improvements when the DA is comparable).
Can not wait to see your results. With my '11 i picked up 10 rwhp with Airaid CAI but did not see a change at the track. You switching tunes should see a difference. Should get into the 11's early spring.
Old 3/13/13, 09:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by blairnr67

I did chief. Like I said, I was out of town when I ordered the headers, CAI, and tune. I work out of state 95% of my time while my car stats at home. I ordered the parts 2 weeks ahead time, knowing I'd be home all week. Also like I said, I called them first thing Monday morning. When I was home and able to get the PCM.

Reread my 2nd post. You've must've skipped over it apparently.
Not swinging off steeda's nuts but if you would of had processor code prior to your ordering this thread wouldn't exist. When ordering the tuner with a tune it normally shows up (tuner) with tune installed. I do however understand hindsight is 20/20.
Old 3/13/13, 09:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Also.. For future reference your selling dealer will have your vin which will enable them to obtain your processor code from fords system.
Old 3/13/13, 10:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
Not swinging off steeda's nuts but if you would of had processor code prior to your ordering this thread wouldn't exist. When ordering the tuner with a tune it normally shows up (tuner) with tune installed. I do however understand hindsight is 20/20.
Correct, but that wasn't the point.
Old 3/13/13, 10:51 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Delete Thread...

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 3/13/13 at 10:54 AM.
Old 3/13/13, 11:30 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Burke985
Should have went with AED, I get my updated tunes in hours and they are perfect. Got my boss tune in 2 hours , then i needed another adjustment done because my handheld was not calibrating my speedo right when i installed my gears and shaun emailed me a tune in 1.5 hours of sending him an email asking what was up with the tuner and i didnt even ask him to update the tune for 3.73's. Not taking anything away from steeda because i loved their tune and i love their parts but they are a bigger company and have a ton more going on so i can see them taking longer . Took them 3 days to get my brother his updated tune. Shaun with AED's customer service is top notch
AED??? didnt that have a huge problem with the #8?? just saying
Old 3/13/13, 12:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went with steeda for my cai and tune. Great service, excellent product. I had a Steeda short throw shifter in the t5 I was running in my 1968 fastback. Again, service and product were 1ST RATE! I suspect they will make it right and that you will ultimately come away happy.

Good luck, I hope you are thrilled with the final result.
Old 3/13/13, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
AED??? didnt that have a huge problem with the #8?? just saying
AED ,Lund ,Bama ...one or two here and there for pretty much all the major tuners until they figured the cars out is not a huge problem. #8 is a thing of the past. Steeda claims to never have had one but who really knows for sure on the internet what your reading is true and im sure not all cases show up in a forum. I wouldnt let anyone but shaun touch my car period the guy knows his stuff with these cars and is fast and customer service is next to none.

Last edited by Burke985; 3/13/13 at 01:09 PM.
Old 3/13/13, 01:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I can speak for the company and tell you that we have had 0 issues.

We took our time developing tunes for these 5.0 engines to make sure we know them inside and out. We also worked with SCT and Ford Motor Company at the same time to ensure the safety of the consumer.

Lots of great tuners out there and everyone has their preference. That is why you have to love American ... many choices that can be made!

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 3/13/13 at 01:35 PM.
Old 3/13/13, 06:07 PM
Cobra Member

Steeda CAI and 93 tune here since 1,000 miles. I Now have 17,500 miles without a glitch. There were some issues in the beginning with CAI packaging, instructions etc but their quality and tune is second to none and wouldn't think about any other. If something is wrong, they strive to make it right. No one is perfect. I screw up at my job almost daily. I don't see where Steeda messed up anywhere in this situation though . I happen to think it was the email that was the issue. Steeda 4 life!

Last edited by 2012GT; 3/13/13 at 06:08 PM.
Old 3/13/13, 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
I can speak for the company and tell you that we have had 0 issues.

We took our time developing tunes for these 5.0 engines to make sure we know them inside and out. We also worked with SCT and Ford Motor Company at the same time to ensure the safety of the consumer.

Lots of great tuners out there and everyone has their preference. That is why you have to love American ... many choices that can be made!

Best Regards,

TJ
TJ ive had a Steeda tune before and it was a great tune also i'm not talking bad about any one here just simply stating that i've had and seen better service from AED in the tune dept and the tune feels smoother and stronger than my Steeda tune did and he gives revisions for free no matter where you buy your parts aside from FI you have to pay more for that .I have a lot of Steeda parts on my car and am about to buy more being a UCA/Bracket and Axelbacks, i love steeda parts quality is Top Notch. But Updated tunes in as little as 2 hours as far as i know hasn't been matched by anyone.

Last edited by Burke985; 3/13/13 at 07:00 PM.
Old 3/13/13, 07:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Quick Reply: C'mon Steeda.....