Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

C'mon Steeda.....

Search this Thread

Old 3/12/13, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C'mon Steeda.....

So, my first experience with Steeda has gone down the crapper in a hurry. I am getting LT headers and a Steeda CAI installed tomorrow. I needed a custom tune that could incorporate these mods. Well, I was promised to have that tune TODAY, the day before I am scheduled to have my installation. Well, Steeda has failed to deliver on their promise to me. The night before work is to be done on my car and no tune. I won't say all the in-between details, so to make a long story short, many calls and emails were made by me, to which some emails and calls went unanswered and Promises undelivered upon. I am extremely pissed off. I really wanted to like Steeda, but obviously that ain't happening.
I will never do business with them again.
Old 3/12/13, 09:21 PM
GT Member

how far in advance did you talk to them about the tune? i called them, talked to matt.. emailed matt/gus, and had a tune in 24 hours.. i called again because i gave them wrong info, and had an updated tune in less than 12.

Therefore, in before the lock, and sub'd to see the outcome. My experience (first one just two weeks ago, just like you) has been amazing, and I for one cant wait til i have more money to blow with their company.
Old 3/12/13, 09:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
how far in advance did you talk to them about the tune?
Also curious..
Old 3/12/13, 09:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

I ordered the SCT tuner and CAI two weeks ago. I was out of town and wasn't able to get my PCM number until Monday (yesterday). I called early yesterday morning and talked to Rod. He said he would have the tune to me today. Ok, perfect. Then, I called this afternoon to see what was up, knowing that I needed the tune ASAP. I also emailed Tim about it. He said he forwarded my message to Rod who would soon get back to me. He never did. I had to call twice to get ahold of Rod. When I did talk to him, he said "oh yeah! Gus is working on it right now! We will have it to you today!" That was around 330pm. Never heard from them again and never received my tune.
Old 3/12/13, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

It wasn't far in "advance," but when someone knows your situation and tells you they will have it to you when you need it, don't you think they ought to deliver on their word?
Old 3/12/13, 10:03 PM
Bullitt Member

I doubt you will be getting your car back the same day anyways. And Chances are you will most likely receive your tune tomorrow
Old 3/12/13, 10:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Supra
I doubt you will be getting your car back the same day anyways. And Chances are you will most likely receive your tune tomorrow
I will be getting the car back tomorrow. I wanted the tune tonight so I could install the CAI before I took it to the shop. Now I will have to do them both at the same time (meaning I have to pay the shop to install the CAI) so that the custom tune will work properly.
Old 3/12/13, 10:24 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by blairnr67
It wasn't far in "advance," but when someone knows your situation and tells you they will have it to you when you need it, don't you think they ought to deliver on their word?
Don’t you think it would have been smarter on your part knowing you were going to have headers and a CAI installed to have the tune request sent over as soon as the order was placed for the parts? I can understand your frustration, but what more could you have done to plan a little better given the situation? Steeda is a customer service driven company and word of mouth goes a long way in the mustang world. I think this thread should have been started only if Steeda failed to make this issue right. Call them in the morning and I’m sure they will bend over backwards to make you happy.

Last edited by treborwd22; 3/12/13 at 10:32 PM.
Old 3/12/13, 10:32 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I bought a Steeda CAI directly from Steeda several weeks ago. They wrote a custom tune for my other mods for free to incorporate their CAI. Gus wrote and emailed me the tune before the CAI arrived, so I was ready to roll immediately upon receipt of the CAI. Very satisfied Steeda customer here!
Old 3/12/13, 10:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I bought a Steeda CAI directly from Steeda several weeks ago. They wrote a custom tune for my other mods for free to incorporate their CAI. Gus wrote and emailed me the tune before the CAI arrived, so I was ready to roll immediately upon receipt of the CAI. Very satisfied Steeda customer here!
Sorroy not trying to thread jack. Your steeda tune put down 410whp?
Old 3/12/13, 10:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You should have planned it out and given yourself more time. BUT they did say they would have you the tune today and failed to deliver. I believe you since I have had them lie to me before as well, I still have a worthless tune I paid for from them.
Old 3/12/13, 10:46 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Supra
Sorroy not trying to thread jack. Your steeda tune put down 410whp?
I haven't dyno'd my car with the Steeda tune & CAI yet. The 409 rwhp was last spring with an SCT canned tune for 91 octane fuel (came with the tuner - one of SCT's 'strategy tunes') and a K&N air filter inside the stock airbox. The dyno used was a very stingy Mustang dyno. I plan on dyno'ing the car again soon to see how the Steeda tune & CAI work. I also drag race a lot and our local tracks open in about 4 weeks, so I'll see if my trap speeds are higher now (a sure way to quantify power improvements when the DA is comparable).

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 3/12/13 at 10:53 PM.
Old 3/12/13, 11:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by treborwd22

Don’t you think it would have been smarter on your part knowing you were going to have headers and a CAI installed to have the tune request sent over as soon as the order was placed for the parts? I can understand your frustration, but what more could you have done to plan a little better given the situation? Steeda is a customer service driven company and word of mouth goes a long way in the mustang world. I think this thread should have been started only if Steeda failed to make this issue right. Call them in the morning and I’m sure they will bend over backwards to make you happy.
I did chief. Like I said, I was out of town when I ordered the headers, CAI, and tune. I work out of state 95% of my time while my car stats at home. I ordered the parts 2 weeks ahead time, knowing I'd be home all week. Also like I said, I called them first thing Monday morning. When I was home and able to get the PCM.

Reread my 2nd post. You've must've skipped over it apparently.

Last edited by blairnr67; 3/12/13 at 11:07 PM.
Old 3/12/13, 11:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Planeswalker
You should have planned it out and given yourself more time. BUT they did say they would have you the tune today and failed to deliver. I believe you since I have had them lie to me before as well, I still have a worthless tune I paid for from them.
I planned the best I could with my given schedule. I'm usually out of town for weeks at a time working and back in town for a weekend. Well, my boss up and decided to give me a week off. Didn't tell me until 2 weeks ago. So, in that time, I ordered LT headers, CAI, and tune. In order for the custom tune, they needed my PCM. But, since my car was back home I couldn't provide. So, Rod at Steeda said it was perfectly fine. I just needed to call them when I was able to get the PCM # and they would have a tune out to me right away. Well, I did exactly as I was told. I called them first thing Monday morning, and Rod told me I'd have the tune emailed to me Tuesday. I called back today to confirm and make sure things were on track, and he said AGAIN I'd have it today. Well I still don't have it.
Old 3/13/13, 01:37 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I agree with poor planning... sounds like they are trying to help make up for some ones poor planning. Stuff happens and people/companies can get busy and thats were thinking things out comes into play. I think you should of waited until you got all the stuff together instead of rushing.

I have bought lots of steeda stuff over the years and Gus has always got me the best price and the best product.
Old 3/13/13, 01:58 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is probably one of the busiest times of the year for them. Tax returns, spring weather, etc etc.
Old 3/13/13, 05:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Not sure how the OP's planning has anything to do with this. If his planning was an issue, Steeda should have mentioned that they couldn't possibly meet his needs in the time he needed when he called in/emailed his PCM number to them. I am not even in a direct customer service position (Clinical Analyst) and I would have at least called or emailed him before I went home for the day if there was going to be a delay beyond what I told him he should expect. I understand that they are a big, busy company, but a little follow up on what you "promise" (term used loosely), goes a long way in earning respect and return customers.
Old 3/13/13, 06:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Not sure how the OP's planning has anything to do with this. If his planning was an issue, Steeda should have mentioned that they couldn't possibly meet his needs in the time he needed when he called in/emailed his PCM number to them. I am not even in a direct customer service position (Clinical Analyst) and I would have at least called or emailed him before I went home for the day if there was going to be a delay beyond what I told him he should expect. I understand that they are a big, busy company, but a little follow up on what you "promise" (term used loosely), goes a long way in earning respect and return customers.
Thank you.
Old 3/13/13, 06:48 AM
Cobra Member

Nathan, I am very sorry you didnt receive your tunes yesterday. I have resent them this morning to your gmail address, make sure they did not get caught in your spam folder, that is very common with gmail and our attachments.
Old 3/13/13, 07:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SteedaGus
Nathan, I am very sorry you didnt receive your tunes yesterday. I have resent them this morning to your gmail address, make sure they did not get caught in your spam folder, that is very common with gmail and our attachments.
I haven't received anything, and I reverified the email you had in file for me with Rod. Maybe we need to try a different email address?

Quick Reply: C'mon Steeda.....