Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Clear Bra (2012)

Search this Thread

Old 7/25/12, 09:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear Bra (2012)

So I thought I'd start yet another clear bra thread to get the current thoughts on these products. I'm sure there are more choices out there, but here's what I'm looking at:

3M
VentureShield (3M)
Xpel
Nothing (Mustang Au Naturale)

Other products? Thoughts? I'm a little nervous about whether it will effect the factory vinyl stripes?
Old 7/26/12, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kabooka
So I thought I'd start yet another clear bra thread to get the current thoughts on these products. I'm sure there are more choices out there, but here's what I'm looking at:

3M
VentureShield (3M)
Xpel
Nothing (Mustang Au Naturale)

Other products? Thoughts? I'm a little nervous about whether it will effect the factory vinyl stripes?
I have had venture on two differnet cars (my 12 boss and not my GHIG gt) and liked it. It fit well and is really clear on both cars.
Old 7/26/12, 05:48 PM

Disclosure first: I work for XPEL.

I would suggest that you visit installers of each film and have them scratch their product with a brass wire brush (representing swirl marks from various sources) and write on them with a permanent marker (representing bug stains and bird droppings). I think you'll be surprised at the varying levels of durability for paint protection films that appear quite similar at a glance.

Whichever film you choose, it should stay looking great for years as long as you care for it properly (check with the manufacturer for recommended care, as some require different techniques/products than others).

The film is a nice way to keep your car looking new and allow you to stay proud of your investment, but also can save you a fortune when and if you ever trade it in. Take a look at the difference between "excellent" and "fair" in the edmunds or kelley blue book. It is thousands of dollars!

Feel free to call us if you have any specific questions about paint protection films (any brand).
Old 7/26/12, 06:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by pjp98z
Disclosure first: I work for XPEL.

I would suggest that you visit installers of each film and have them scratch their product with a brass wire brush (representing swirl marks from various sources) and write on them with a permanent marker (representing bug stains and bird droppings). I think you'll be surprised at the varying levels of durability for paint protection films that appear quite similar at a glance.

Whichever film you choose, it should stay looking great for years as long as you care for it properly (check with the manufacturer for recommended care, as some require different techniques/products than others).

The film is a nice way to keep your car looking new and allow you to stay proud of your investment, but also can save you a fortune when and if you ever trade it in. Take a look at the difference between "excellent" and "fair" in the edmunds or kelley blue book. It is thousands of dollars!

Feel free to call us if you have any specific questions about paint protection films (any brand).
Xpel is what I have and have been very satisfied. I would also recommend the headlight protection especially with HID's as they cost a small fortune.
Old 7/26/12, 07:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The clear bra on my car is also the Xpel brand. I am more than satisfied with it so far
Old 7/27/12, 09:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Currently, I am planning on the Xpel Ultimate product, just thought I'd see what others have had done. I've read the past threads on this subject, but they seemed mostly the two 3M products. Thanks for the input!
Old 7/30/12, 02:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Has anyone had any experience with the clear bra material on the reflective Boss stripes? I'm wondering how obvious the seam will be and if it will affect the reflectivity.

Also, how much are you guys paying for the bra with install? I'm considering getting it over the front end, lights, and side mirrors. I've had one quote of $600 for the Xpel Ultimate.
Old 7/30/12, 03:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got quoted 700 for the grill, bumper, half hood, half quarters, pillars, and mirrors. Installed.
Old 7/30/12, 05:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Clear bras are awesome no doubt