Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Checked out a Kona 5.0 yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/10, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checked out a Kona 5.0 yesterday...

...and ended up deleting the Brembos from my package. The wheels are hideous in person. Instead I upgraded to premium with saddle interior and HIDs.

Has anyone else seen these wheels up close and changed your mind on them?
Old 6/8/10, 09:56 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still have yet to see them in person but I already changed my mind on them
Old 6/8/10, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Yep- the extensive time Ford took to pull my order worked to my advantage after all. Now hopefully they'll fix the problems and start shipping everyones' cars and start building mine.
Old 6/8/10, 10:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I thought they were even better in person. Just my opinion though. They didn't blow my mind but I like the car overall in person above just the pictures I had seen.
Old 6/8/10, 10:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Automagically
I thought they were even better in person. Just my opinion though. They didn't blow my mind but I like the car overall in person above just the pictures I had seen.
+1

Personal taste.
I almost wish I hated them because I might have been able to talk myself out of the package!!

The standard wheels are fine looking on these cars but the Brembo package wheels are the bee's knees...in my opinion.
Old 6/8/10, 10:42 AM
Cobra Member

I saw them in person and loved them more than the pictures.....
Old 6/8/10, 10:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by MRGTX
+1

Personal taste.
I almost wish I hated them because I might have been able to talk myself out of the package!!

The standard wheels are fine looking on these cars but the Brembo package wheels are the bee's knees...in my opinion.
Me too...me too
Old 6/8/10, 11:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I haven't seen them in person yet, but from pics I think they are some of the best factory Mustang wheels ever. Same with the SVTPP wheels.
Old 6/8/10, 11:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

I got the Brembo package mostly for the wheels, for some reason I'm weird and have always liked having factory looking wheels on my mustangs. But I really like the SVTPP wheels as well. Has anyone started making replicas of those yet? SVTPP would be sexy as well.
Old 6/8/10, 11:17 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Freshmeat
...and ended up deleting the Brembos from my package. The wheels are hideous in person. Instead I upgraded to premium with saddle interior and HIDs.

Has anyone else seen these wheels up close and changed your mind on them?
So which wheels are you getting, then? Since you don't list any wheels in your On Order line, are you getting the standard 18" five spoke?
Old 6/8/10, 11:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think they are gorgeous! More Euro instead of retro, love em.
Old 6/8/10, 12:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I love them also espically in person, wish i didn't cause then i woudn't have gotten the brembos
Old 6/8/10, 01:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Bigjohns97
I love them also espically in person, wish i didn't cause then i woudn't have gotten the brembos
It's still a very cost effective option given the price! That's what makes it nice! Even for the wheel set, just include tires and you've already almost doubled the initial cost.
Old 6/8/10, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RandyW
So which wheels are you getting, then? Since you don't list any wheels in your On Order line, are you getting the standard 18" five spoke?
Well, my plan was to get the standard 18" wheels, but the rep (commercial sales manager at the dealer) said he was on the phone with Dearborn and they said there's an indefinite delay on orders utilizing the 18" wheels and I'd need to go with a 19" unless I want to get locked out for no one knows how long until the 18" orders are being processed again. Made it sound like my order would be "thrown in a pile" with all the others on basic 18s until they get another shipment of wheels. Looks like the 19" nickel luster for me. He's going below invoice on this sale so it's not terrible, plus I kinda wanted 19s anyway, just not a major fan of the available options.
This is the part where I say, "If he's bull****ting me I'm going to be so pissed...," but I'll never know better, so no point getting worked up over it, right?
Old 6/8/10, 01:27 PM
Bullitt Member

It's still a very cost effective option given the price! That's what makes it nice! Even for the wheel set, just include tires and you've already almost doubled the initial cost.
Depends on how you look at it- it's not Brembos on the back, so paying the cost to just get the Brembo calipers up front (rears are larger, I know, but still not the same) isn't worth it if you don't like the wheels. I thought I liked them, but after seeing them in person they just really didn't sit well for me.
Old 6/8/10, 02:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Depends on how you look at it- it's not Brembos on the back, so paying the cost to just get the Brembo calipers up front (rears are larger, I know, but still not the same) isn't worth it if you don't like the wheels. I thought I liked them, but after seeing them in person they just really didn't sit well for me.
Hmm, I suppose.

I guess I just see it as the Brembo pkg has:
New steering tuning, ESC tuning, stiffer springs, bigger front brakes, pistons instead of floating calipers, wider wheels and tires...phew I calculate a benefet over cost here on the cost benefit analysis meter.

I think they are all great Mustangs and to each there own!
Old 6/8/10, 02:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I know i just hate the fact that the fronts are soo much bigger than the rears, it looks really dumb when viewing the side profile of the car.
Old 6/8/10, 02:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Hmm, I suppose.

I guess I just see it as the Brembo pkg has:
New steering tuning, ESC tuning, stiffer springs, bigger front brakes, pistons instead of floating calipers, wider wheels and tires...phew I calculate a benefet over cost here on the cost benefit analysis meter.

I think they are all great Mustangs and to each there own!
That sounds like a 2010 Track Pack- all I ever heard about the Brembo option is the brakes and 19" wheels.
Old 6/8/10, 02:46 PM
GT Member

I love them Brembo rims!!
Old 6/8/10, 03:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Bigjohns97
I know i just hate the fact that the fronts are soo much bigger than the rears, it looks really dumb when viewing the side profile of the car.
I agree, when I saw the rear brakes in person I thought "these look dainty and a bit ugly compared to the fronts."

That sounds like a 2010 Track Pack- all I ever heard about the Brembo option is the brakes and 19" wheels.
Well I might have dreamed the steering tuning but the ESC tuning is true, as is the suspension. The two (Track Pack and Brembo) only parallel in the fact that many similar parts were changed. Are they they same? No.

Structurally the 2011 should be more to the level of the Track Pack of 2010. The Brembo takes it a tad further with stiffer springs. The Brembo cars wheels are also a 19x9 instead of a 19x8.5.

Quick Reply: Checked out a Kona 5.0 yesterday...