2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Cant believe what just unfolded---------

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/10, 02:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey
Hair in the glass? That must have been some head-but. It sounds like you did an inverted submarine ( judges love it but it's difficult to pull off ). Submarining, for those that don't know, is when you are leaning back too much on impact and you slip under the lap belt. I don't know that I've ever heard of someone coming out of the top of the belt without a rollover before.
Yeah, it's odd. I'm trying to visualize how it could happen. Extremely loose seatbelt?
Old 6/7/10, 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to sound unsympathetic or anything but to throw my own thoughts, well, he hit low, so the car might have pitched down on the front wheels on impact catapulting him upward.

Probably shouldn't be asking too many questions though, as his answers can be used against him if there are any legal questions that need answering.
Old 6/7/10, 03:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RandyW
Yeah, it's odd. I'm trying to visualize how it could happen. Extremely loose seatbelt?
Car seat was leaned forward like he stated earlier. Might have been a result of the impact.
Old 6/7/10, 04:25 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
this might cheer you up.

atleast it wasnt a vett. I am sure the vett would of been a total loss. plus you would feel worse about the vett.
Old 6/7/10, 04:37 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wingless
Was anyone else injured?

All of my vehicles include a plethora of devices to prevent that incident.

These are: an attentive operator; a transparent observation enclosure; a primary and a backup control to rapidly convert kinetic energy to thermal energy; a control that permits engine torque to retard or increase velocity and a control that permits altering the vehicle trajectory.

In 35 years of operating a vehicle and over 1.5M miles I just made the boolean transition from accident-free because I dared to slow down for traffic. The "driver" behind me destroyed the rear of my pristine vehicle.

While I am glad your injuries are minor, there are WAY too many people behind the wheel that are preoccupied w/ everything but the task at-hand, which is to safely operating the motor vehicle.

What if your poor operation killed or severly injured another? How about a loved-one?

Think about all those responsibilities every time you are granted the privledge to plant your butt behind the wheel!

Maybe the texting, phone calls, chatting, posing, grooming, reading, gazing and all the other "ings" except for driving will be diminished.

Driving is a privledge, not a right.

Give it a rest and go shine your halo somewhere other than a thread where someone's brand new car got damaged and he got injured.
Old 6/7/10, 04:51 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Give it a rest and go shine your halo somewhere other than a thread where someone's brand new car got damaged and he got injured.
Old 6/7/10, 05:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
You mean the thread where a guy permitted his unattended 3,600 pound vehicle to careen down the roadway and plow into an unsuspecting victim? That thread?

All the web nannies should please kiss his boo boo and stroke what remains of his hair.

Pardon me (or not) if I don't!

Originally Posted by silverbull271
reared an suv----i was only going 20-25 mph too

EDIT: A slow 20-25mph (not accelerating)
How many victims were in that vehicle?

How many people were injured?

How many lives did YOU permanently damage?

Originally Posted by silverbull271
As for me im beyond achey and feel terrible----

to be honest im very traumitized! almost to the point where i dont wanna get in a car!
That would be the best thing for anyone and everyone in your general vicinity.

Please show some remorse for the victims you assailed.

If it were up to me I'd pull your license.

Given the inept justice system, hopefully the insurance company will raise your rates enough to make it cost-prohibitive for you to ever get behind the wheel again.

Anyone who plows into a stopped vehicle at 25 mph should be permanently relegated to a skateboard or the bus.

Fix and sell your car!
Old 6/7/10, 05:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you are ok!
Old 6/7/10, 05:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

You mean the thread where a guy permitted his unattended 3,600 pound vehicle to careen down the roadway and plow into an unsuspecting victim? That thread?

All the web nannies should please kiss his boo boo and stroke what remains of his hair.

Pardon me (or not) if I don't!

How many victims were in that vehicle?

How many people were injured?

How many lives did YOU permanently damage?

That would be the best thing for anyone and everyone in your general vicinity.

Please show some remorse for the victims you assailed.

Given the inept justice system, hopefully the insurance company will raise your rates enough to make it cost-prohibitive for you to ever get behind the wheel again.

Anyone who plows into a stopped vehicle at 25 mph should be permanently relegated to a skateboard or the bus.

Fix and sell your car!
I kind of agree here. He basically admitted responsibility. And if his posting style is indicative of his driving style...
Old 6/7/10, 05:20 PM
Post *****

Because someone had an A.C.C.I.D.E.N.T.???

I guess in your world everyone is perfect (just like YOU) and there isn't any need for insurance companies, insurance salesman & adjusters, State Insurance Agencies, body & paint shops, mechanics, doctors, nurses, hospitals, medicines, medical insurance, police, DMV reports, lawyers, courts, etc., because there are never any ACCIDENT's in your life.

I suppose you also think the rest of us simply create and support all those agencies/services just for fun because we never have an accident - we hit people on purpose - and we love waisting all our money on that stuff.

Yes it could have been worse - people may have been killed. Regardless, accidents, mistakes, cars in front of you gawking and suddenly slamming on brakes, sun in your eyes to where you can't see brake lights, etc., can and DO happen everyday.

That's no reason in and of itself to yank a license or publicly crucify somebody. Especially how you're god, judge and jury and you don't know crapola about the details! You're hanging ALLEGATION around someone's neck and calling it fact like you actually know. Ha!

Last edited by cdynaco; 6/7/10 at 05:27 PM.
Old 6/7/10, 05:22 PM
GTR Member

Seems like people are taking his posting style (which can be annoying) and are inferring that it closely relates to his driving style.

No matter what, there's next to no excuse for rear ending someone. It happens, but shouldn't. If you weren't paying attention, then I'd rethink what you do while driving as well. Glad you're alright, no one got hurt, but hopefully there are lessons learned from this as well.
Old 6/7/10, 05:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Was anyone else injured?

All of my vehicles include a plethora of devices to prevent that incident.

These are: an attentive operator; a transparent observation enclosure; a primary and a backup control to rapidly convert kinetic energy to thermal energy; a control that permits engine torque to retard or increase velocity and a control that permits altering the vehicle trajectory.

In 35 years of operating a vehicle and over 1.5M miles I just made the boolean transition from accident-free because I dared to slow down for traffic. The "driver" behind me destroyed the rear of my pristine vehicle.

While I am glad your injuries are minor, there are WAY too many people behind the wheel that are preoccupied w/ everything but the task at-hand, which is to safely operating the motor vehicle.

What if your poor operation killed or severly injured another? How about a loved-one?

Think about all those responsibilities every time you are granted the privledge to plant your butt behind the wheel!

Maybe the texting, phone calls, chatting, posing, grooming, reading, gazing and all the other "ings" except for driving will be diminished.

Driving is a privledge, not a right.
There is a bit of truth in all of this. Hopefully nobody else got injured and he'll learn from his accident, and most importantly, not do the same mistake twice.
Old 6/7/10, 05:31 PM
MOTM Committee Member

resisting....the....urge........
Old 6/7/10, 05:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
resisting....the....urge........
You can always PM me if you feel like it.
Old 6/7/10, 05:44 PM
Cobra R Member

...In 35 years of operating a vehicle and over 1.5M miles I just made the boolean transition from accident-free because I dared to slow down for traffic. The "driver" behind me destroyed the rear of my pristine vehicle...
There is some extra bitterness in that statement... Seriously injured in that incident?

Been in a similar situation where a female teen driver was likely texting and plowed into me @ +45mph (I still ache) and I'm not that bitter...

Count your blessing you were not involved in silverbull271's accident...
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
You can always PM me if you feel like it.
LOL I just might. I'm in agreement with you though so it would just be preachin to the choir
GT Member

Most "accidents" are not really accidents - though those do happen too. Usually it is due to some sort of miscalculation, inattentiveness, overconfidence (is it an "accident" when you leave a curve marked at 35MPH when you are doing 60 MPH and hit a tree? no, not really - there was a cause to it that was avoidable) or something on someone's part. So, yeah, you do need to be careful or you'll be involved, if not cause, an "accident".

Crumbled windshield glass will still cut and penetrate the skin if given enough force behind it. I've had some in my arm for 25 years that a shotgun through a car window gave me.
Old 6/7/10, 05:45 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by objoe

Crumbled windshield glass will still cut and penetrate the skin if given enough force behind it. I've had some in my arm for 25 years that a shotgun through a car window gave me.
Now that's a story I wanna hear!
Old 6/7/10, 05:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
There is a bit of truth in all of this. Hopefully nobody else got injured and he'll learn from his accident, and most importantly, not do the same mistake twice.
There is also truth in this. But there's something to be said for decorum and tact, and being intelligent enough to know that lambasting someone (based on limited information, to boot) on an internet forum is NOT going to change someone's behavior.

Actions should be about achieving results. There's no tangible result that comes out of this behavior aside from someone venting. We can hope that the OP has learned from his accident, and is a more defensive driver in the future. We can also hope that others think twice based on his experience. Those are actually results that benefit us all.
Old 6/7/10, 05:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I occasionally am checking the NYSE ticker on the ol' I-phone while cruising along....could've been something like that?