The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   Cant believe what just unfolded--------- (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/cant-believe-what-just-unfolded-484088/)

silverbull271 6/6/10 07:21 PM

Cant believe what just unfolded---------

Well i just got home from the Hospitial, due to getting into an accident with my BRAND NEW (9 days i had it) 2010 GT VERT-----

i even waxed her with 3 more coats of Zaino today--------

I dont wanna get into details about what happ,but here is the end result

I was in ER for 4 hours, with 2 IV's and checked from head to toe via blood and catscans

My head smashed the windshield (was wearing seatbelt) and air bag completely burned my belly

Had tons of tiny pieces of glass from windshield stuck throught my hands and arms-------

All in all, clean bill of health

As for the car-----

The hood is smashed in, and the front is F***** up, and windshield and airbag-----

Saw it at the lot where they towed it (had to get my wallet and ipod from the car)

It doesnt look like the engine bay was breached but WTF knows-----

Im beyond disgusted!

Tmo was my "big day" too-----was having my magnaflows installled----

stangfoeva 6/6/10 07:26 PM

dang that sucks......

05GT-O.C.D. 6/6/10 07:27 PM

Wow man, that REALLY sucks. Glad you're OK though. Let me know if you have any insurance questions.

essque 6/6/10 07:28 PM

Horrible news, hope ur ok man.

coffeejolts 6/6/10 07:32 PM

I'm sorry about your car, but I'm glad that you seem to be OK. Was anyone else riding with you?

Lancel 6/6/10 07:33 PM

Geeze, that sucks man. :(

silverbull271 6/6/10 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D. (Post 5885420)
Wow man, that REALLY sucks. Glad you're OK though. Let me know if you have any insurance questions.

Car is fully covered.........

i plan on calling insurance company tmo morning-----

Should i have the Ford dealer fix it,or another auto body shop?

I didnt even get the new card for it yet from the insurance company!!!!!

PS: I was cruising alone

05GT-O.C.D. 6/6/10 07:38 PM

Get it fixed whereever you're comfortable. Ford autobody techs are no better than any other. Around here, the Ford dealerships tend to be the 'training centers' for new techs while the mom and pop shops have been doing it for years based on their reputation of quality. Find someplace that does quality work and has the best reputation for it in your area. Maybe it's where the BMW dealership sends their work... BMW owners tend to be the most anal SOB's out there.

corvettedreamin 6/6/10 07:39 PM

Glad you're OK.

Now if you would have waited for that 2011. . . ;)

Seriously, that's a bummer about the new car.

Just curious how you could hit the windshield with the seatbelt on though. Seems like a physical impossibility unless you were "on" the steering wheel in which case it seems like you'd have more injuries from the airbag than just a burned belly.

Sell F.

;-)

silverbull271 6/6/10 07:45 PM

ahhhh im so disgusted and bruised up right now, i dont even want the thing back anymore!!!!!

IT-WILL-NEVER-BE-THE-SAME!

I had seat close up,and i think i was leaning up a little at the point of impact----(cant remember happ so fast)

Cops on scene didnt give me any seatbelt tickets bc they saw how far up the seat was----

Im going to bed guys----im pretty brusied up over here

2010MustangGT 6/6/10 07:46 PM

Geez, that sucks so bad man. Sorry to hear.
Other than some cuts and bruises, I'm glad you're ok.

silverbull271 6/6/10 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin (Post 5885433)
Glad you're OK.

Now if you would have waited for that 2011. . . ;)

Seriously, that's a bummer about the new car.

Just curious how you could hit the windshield with the seatbelt on though. Seems like a physical impossibility unless you were "on" the steering wheel in which case it seems like you'd have more injuries from the airbag than just a burned belly.

Sell F.

;-)

I do----my whole hands and fingers are burnt from it as well as the inside of my arms---

cdynaco 6/6/10 07:53 PM

Sorry to hear! Glad you're OK!

Cars are just parts and that can all be made new. You won't even know it happened when they're done. I'm concerned about the shattered glass all over you though... :fear:

iBookmaster 6/6/10 07:55 PM

Let us know how it goes. Glad you're not seriously hurt.

corvettedreamin 6/6/10 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by silverbull271 (Post 5885442)
I do----my whole hands and fingers are burnt from it as well as the inside of my arms---

Dude, that really sucks. All around. But at least you can "walk away" from it.

I sit quite a way back from the steering wheel (blessed with long legs) and wish there was a way I could just turn the airbag off. I'm pretty sure I'll never hit one in an accident but it would probably do crap like burn my arms/hands, break fingers, etc. Not really the purpose of an airbag!

Get some rest and regroup.

raidernixon 6/6/10 08:04 PM

Thats horrible news =(...

Glad to hear about the clean bill of health, but make sure you watch yourself very carefully for a while...especially over the next year. Injuries from vehicle accidents have an annoying tendency to slowly creep up over time. Hope nothing serious comes of it!

FordBlueHeart 6/6/10 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 5885444)
Sorry to hear! Glad you're OK!

Cars are just parts and that can all be made new. You won't even know it happened when they're done. I'm concerned about the shattered glass all over you though... :fear:

Glad to here you're ok.
That is weird about the shattered glass, especially since its laminated with a thin sheet of plastic to prevent exactly what you described.
Kind of like hitting the windshield despite wearing a seatbelt and the airbag going off? Sounds like the seatbelt didn't do its job either.
Hopefully this was all a fluke, but I'm sure we will see pics soon enough.

Falchion 6/6/10 08:11 PM

Glad to see that you're OK. Maybe now it's time for a 2011 Mustang? :dunno:

montreal ponies 6/6/10 08:14 PM

Well sucks of course, but you can still type on the keyboard, which in itself is good news. So you seem to be fine overall. I'm sure a lot of guys including myself would like to know WTF happened since you were supposely crusin' around. Anybody else involved. :dunno:

cdynaco 6/6/10 08:27 PM

Cheers mate... this too shall pass...