2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Buzzing sound coming from left of steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/10, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to bring this back to the front for a while.

Last week we had a heat wave, it rained a ton and we had nearly 100% humidity for a couple days. Sure enough the noise came back again so I went to the dealership at 7:30 (they open at 8:00) the next morning and our normal weather was back. (no rain, sunny, low humidity) And as i had predicted, 7:50 comes and the noise stops. Soooooo I took the door panel off and everything seems fine.

Any more ideas as to why its happening?
Old 5/24/11, 11:02 AM
Cobra Member

Gonna bring this back yet again because it started again today. It's the first humid and warm day we've had so far and it's been raining for about a week.

I just changed out the speakers a couple weeks ago so that rules that out. Sadly I don't have any time to bring it back to the dealer today and I'm sure when I go the noise will stop so they can't replicate it.

One new thing I noticed though. I had it in the garage, opened the garage door, put the windows down and started it up. The noise started immediately. About 30 seconds later after I drove off I decided to put the windows up. When they came up they were all foggy. Moisture much?

I'm really at a loss here. Anyone have any other ideas?
Old 5/24/11, 11:16 AM
Cobra Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIzd1853elc

Heres another video as well
Old 5/24/11, 11:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Look at the outside mirror mounting and insure it is tight and sealed. I had a small problem (never leaked) with my 2007. The housing was not completely tight from the factory. I noticed it when waxing the car. I took the interior cover off, and snugged the bolts.
Old 8/21/11, 07:05 AM
Cobra Member

Heres one more update on the problem. Hopefully its fixed now.

After bringing the car to them every time it was making the noise, the dealership would bring it in to diagnose usually within an hour of when I got there. They would keep it over night (not sure exactly what diagnosing they were doing the whole time)

In total, I lost the car for about 6-7 days total. They claimed it was the GuidePoint system I had installed in the car. Guidepoint came and unplugged the system and then the noise came back the next day. Finally the dealership decided to actually do something and switched the outputs on the amp to determine if the noise would move from the left side to the right side. (Not sure why they didn't do this to begin with?) Sure enough, when the noise came back the day after it was coming out of the right side speaker and not the left anymore. Meaning it was the amp.

They replaced the amp under warranty and so far I've had about 5 days of no noise. Its going to be humid and raining here today (perfect conditions to make it buzz) so I'm going to leave it outside and see if it makes the noise again. I think its fixed at this point though.