2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Buy 2014 now or wait?

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/14, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy 2014 now or wait?

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forums here. I've been looking to buy a new 2014 base automatic mustang v6. It's all I can afford... The local dealers in my area have been advertising the model i'm interested in for about 17,900-18,900 as loss leader cars. This is with a sale price and approximately 3000 in rebates. I'm in no hurry to buy a new car. I'd like to save as much as possible.

my question is-- will rebates and incentives be much better come august/September when the 2015's start to hit the lots? I have no problem waiting 6 months to buy my car if it saves me some money.

any feedback would be much appreciated.
Old 2/13/14, 03:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm sure they will be a little higher but your selection will be be less as well....order the $750 coupon and buy one now if you find one you really like...
Old 2/13/14, 03:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JCStang
I'm sure they will be a little higher but your selection will be be less as well....order the $750 coupon and buy one now if you find one you really like...
+1...if you find one you like, get it
Old 2/13/14, 03:33 PM

thanks for the quick responses. I did some research on the 750 dollar coupon. and it appears I need to request brochures using multiple email address and hopefully i'll get a coupon with one of them. I thought I might look this weekend since there may be some additional presidents day offers. anyone know if I can call ford and maybe request a code for the 750 dollar coupon? once again, everyone's advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 2/13/14, 03:35 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Look into used GTs. Trust me, the V6s are great but once you get a taste you won't be satisfied until you have the V8.

Don't buy new. Let someone else take the hit as it depreciates the moment you drive it off the lot.

I speak from experience. The original tag on my LOADED GTCS was 43k in 2012. I bought it gently USED with roughly 6k miles on the OD for 26k. It still has a new car smell! Not a scratch on her.

The payments are roughly the same as my NEW boring BASE traded v6 purchased in 2011.

Sure I started the loan term over but I'm driving the car I've always wanted!!

Tomorrow is not a guarantee. Life life to the fullest.
Old 2/13/14, 03:56 PM

I could look into that. but i'm not so sure I could afford the insurance/gas on it. but what is "OD"?
Old 2/13/14, 04:07 PM
Cobra Member

Your logic is sound....but I would never buy a used Mustang, etc unless I knew the person who owned it....there are too many video's of people beating the crap out of their cars on Youtube!!!!
Old 2/13/14, 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by greekrepublic
thanks for the quick responses. I did some research on the 750 dollar coupon. and it appears I need to request brochures using multiple email address and hopefully i'll get a coupon with one of them. I thought I might look this weekend since there may be some additional presidents day offers. anyone know if I can call ford and maybe request a code for the 750 dollar coupon? once again, everyone's advice is greatly appreciated.
It took 3 to 4 weeks for me to get my coupon. Just depends.
Also another vote for a GT. I had a V6 and there is certainly nothing wrong it and it is a strong motor. Having said that, the GT is a jump ahead.

My insurance went up 10 dollars per month when I went from a 11 v6 convertible to a 2014 GT convertible. But I am getting old
Old 2/13/14, 04:48 PM

I could look into that. but i'm not so sure I could afford the insurance/gas on it. but what is "OD"?
Odometer
Old 2/13/14, 04:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I have a 2014 V6 auto and I love it. The question of whether you would regret not getting a V8 depends entirely on your personality. I have no regrets, and I've had mine for almost a year and 17K miles.

I would be very surprised if there are significant deals on the 2015 until it has been out for a while.
Old 2/13/14, 04:53 PM

Your logic is sound....but I would never buy a used Mustang, etc unless I knew the person who owned it....there are too many video's of people beating the crap out of their cars on Youtube!!!!
Agreed. That's why I made sure the dealership threw in an EXTRA three year warranty. I have 72k miles or six years of no worries.

The dealership replaced all four rims today because of clear flaking. Filled me up with gas too. There's some honest dealers up there

Dealers want to move mustangs ASAP before the new ones arrive. That and winter... Nows the time to score!
Old 2/13/14, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by tukatz
I have a 2014 V6 auto and I love it. The question of whether you would regret not getting a V8 depends entirely on your personality. I have no regrets, and I've had mine for almost a year and 17K miles. I would be very surprised if there are significant deals on the 2015 until it has been out for a while.
Agreed. I loved mine very much. Unfortunately it had been hit 3 times. Her value plummeted.
Old 2/13/14, 05:15 PM
Cobra Member

I can guarantee that whoever buys my v6 will be getting a very pampered car with only 4832 miles on it...I wish I could keep the wheels to put on my v8 whennit comes in...less than 2 weeks to go!!!
Old 2/13/14, 07:27 PM

I can guarantee that whoever buys my v6 will be getting a very pampered car with only 4832 miles on it...I wish I could keep the wheels to put on my v8 whennit comes in...less than 2 weeks to go!!!
Ditto on those wheels. That's why I had to get my CS wheels replaced. It's too awesome of wheel!
Old 2/13/14, 09:15 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2/14/14, 08:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Figure it like this. You're going to average about 21 MPG with a GT or 26 with a V6. That means the V6 is 24% better on gas than the GT. If you drive the American average of maybe 15,000 miles per year and pay an average of $3.50 per gallon, you're going to spend $2,500 on gas for the GT. The V6 will cost you $2,019 in gas. Sure, that's about $500...but the fun, noise, etc. are very worth it to a lot of guys on here and might be to you too.

As far as insurance, that's going to really depend on your age/driving record so can't speak for you there. Me being 31 and married, the cost for insuring my Mustang and my wife's '08 Mazda3 is almost identical.

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Don't buy new. Let someone else take the hit as it depreciates the moment you drive it off the lot.
I agree with this completely. I don't agree that you absolutely have to get a GT. If you're simply looking for a fun, stylish car that is still very fast, the V6 is a GREAT choice.

For the same amount of money you're talking about, you may be able to get a CPO (certified pre-owned) 2012 or 2013 V6 car with more options than the new one you're talking about. And you're going to miss not having Sync and some of those options, I'm guessing.

Good luck shopping!
Old 2/14/14, 08:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Sync is definitely worthwhile. I can select music from my thumb drive by voice command without taking my hands off the wheel or my eyes of the road. I can make and take phone calls hands free with voice commands also. I consider Sync a safety factor.

As to mileage, we took the Mustang to Texas for Christmas (over 5K miles round trip) and averaged 30.33 for the whole trip - on regular.
Old 2/14/14, 12:41 PM

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forums here. I've been looking to buy a new 2014 base automatic mustang v6. It's all I can afford... The local dealers in my area have been advertising the model i'm interested in for about 17,900-18,900 as loss leader cars. This is with a sale price and approximately 3000 in rebates. I'm in no hurry to buy a new car. I'd like to save as much as possible.

my question is-- will rebates and incentives be much better come august/September when the 2015's start to hit the lots? I have no problem waiting 6 months to buy my car if it saves me some money.

any feedback would be much appreciated.

Hey greekrepublic,

I would say pull the trigger now!!!

I'm 24 now and got my first mustang last year when I was 23. I went the factory order route because I was very set on exactly what I wanted. I got a 2014 GHIG Premium manual V6 with the performance package and mustang club of America package. I could not be happier with my purchase. With incentives, getting the invoice price of the car, I was able to get my mustang for 26k. I am extremely happy with the V6. Looking forward to driving this car for many years to come.
Old 2/14/14, 02:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Look into used GTs. Trust me, the V6s are great but once you get a taste you won't be satisfied until you have the V8. Don't buy new. Let someone else take the hit as it depreciates the moment you drive it off the lot. I speak from experience. The original tag on my LOADED GTCS was 43k in 2012. I bought it gently USED with roughly 6k miles on the OD for 26k. It still has a new car smell! Not a scratch on her. The payments are roughly the same as my NEW boring BASE traded v6 purchased in 2011. Sure I started the loan term over but I'm driving the car I've always wanted!! Tomorrow is not a guarantee. Life life to the fullest.
this x1000000000000. You'll be bitter when a 5.0 rolls past u and gives a little exhaust music
Old 2/14/14, 02:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tukatz
Sync is definitely worthwhile. I can select music from my thumb drive by voice command without taking my hands off the wheel or my eyes of the road. I can make and take phone calls hands free with voice commands also. I consider Sync a safety factor. As to mileage, we took the Mustang to Texas for Christmas (over 5K miles round trip) and averaged 30.33 for the whole trip - on regular.
sync is awesome. I like to change the temp by yelling at my car.

Quick Reply: Buy 2014 now or wait?