2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Bought GT500 muffler on AmericanMuscle.com and I'm confused.....

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/14 | 02:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Don't look used to me, just been tossed around a lot.

I agree. They look like mufflers I have bought in the past. Best thing to do is pick up the phone, and call AM. They have always done everything they could to help me. I seriously don't believe they would sell used items of any kind. Their reputation means to much to them to do something like that.
Old 1/18/14 | 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lakersfreak
Hello everyone this was my first purchase from AmericanMuscle.com. So the box came in today and there's no indication if it's a GT500 muffler or not. I searched the numbers on the muffler and couldn't find anything. here's the number (F1-8214-R)

One more and more important, it seems as though it's used. Now I know a used muffler won't make a difference, but why did I just pay FULL PRICE for a used product????? There's a billion scratches and marks on it! I'm confused! Anyone else experience this? I won't buy from them again if this is the case!
Call AM if your not happy. A few minor imperfections wouldn't bother me, but the dents would..shouldn't be dented. Here are a few pictures of the numbers on my GT500 axlebacks.
Attached Thumbnails Bought GT500 muffler on AmericanMuscle.com and I'm confused.....-dsc00138.jpg   Bought GT500 muffler on AmericanMuscle.com and I'm confused.....-dsc00139.jpg   Bought GT500 muffler on AmericanMuscle.com and I'm confused.....-dsc00147.jpg   Bought GT500 muffler on AmericanMuscle.com and I'm confused.....-dsc00148.jpg   Bought GT500 muffler on AmericanMuscle.com and I'm confused.....-dsc00149.jpg  

Old 1/20/14 | 07:54 AM
Former Vendor

Hello everyone this was my first purchase from AmericanMuscle.com. So the box came in today and there's no indication if it's a GT500 muffler or not. I searched the numbers on the muffler and couldn't find anything. here's the number (F1-8214-R)

One more and more important, it seems as though it's used. Now I know a used muffler won't make a difference, but why did I just pay FULL PRICE for a used product????? There's a billion scratches and marks on it! I'm confused! Anyone else experience this? I won't buy from them again if this is the case!
I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the GT500 Mufflers. I can assure you that this product was not used. We would never sell a used product. If for some reason something is returned, it's never put back into inventory! I've ran these mufflers on my 2011 GT before and they looked very similar to yours when opening the box.

It sounds like there is multiple complaints in here regarding this muffler so something needs to be addressed. I'm going to contact Ford Racing directly and see what the deal with these are. If it's them being mass produced, maybe they need a little more packaging in the box or whatever the case may be. I'll make sure we get this straightened out in a timely fashion! In the mean time, if you're not happy with the muffler we can definitely set up a return for you. However, like I said these mufflers are not used and Ford Racing's part # is Ford Racing M-5230-MGTCA1 if you need to confirm that this is a legit GT500 Muffler.

Please let me know what you'd like to do and I'll make sure you're in good hands. We'll always bend over backwards to make sure every customer is handled and satisfied!

-Dan
Old 1/20/14 | 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with the GT500 Mufflers. I can assure you that this product was not used. We would never sell a used product. If for some reason something is returned, it's never put back into inventory! I've ran these mufflers on my 2011 GT before and they looked very similar to yours when opening the box.

It sounds like there is multiple complaints in here regarding this muffler so something needs to be addressed. I'm going to contact Ford Racing directly and see what the deal with these are. If it's them being mass produced, maybe they need a little more packaging in the box or whatever the case may be. I'll make sure we get this straightened out in a timely fashion! In the mean time, if you're not happy with the muffler we can definitely set up a return for you. However, like I said these mufflers are not used and Ford Racing's part # is Ford Racing M-5230-MGTCA1 if you need to confirm that this is a legit GT500 Muffler.

Please let me know what you'd like to do and I'll make sure you're in good hands. We'll always bend over backwards to make sure every customer is handled and satisfied!

-Dan
Hi Dan,

I guess it's all good from what everyone's been telling me here. Unless my installer thinks otherwise this Saturday when I install them, I will keep them. Thank you!
Old 1/21/14 | 07:56 AM
Former Vendor

Hi Dan,

I guess it's all good from what everyone's been telling me here. Unless my installer thinks otherwise this Saturday when I install them, I will keep them. Thank you!
Alright. Please keep me posted!

-Dan