Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Boss Quad Exhaust for GT

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/15, 10:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
I say that laser because the kooks side pipes are UGLY as all ....! With the off road 3" you have there and factory side pipes. The combo would be awesome.
What?? I think the Kooks sidepipes look awesome! And they're actually round! This H-pipe didn't go on my car - it was at AED, off one of their customer cars at the shop. Looking under my car, there doesn't seem to be a way to adapt the side pipes, but I added hf cats yesterday and I am 100% happy with the sound now. Coupled with the cam tune, I don't need the side pipes now!
Old 1/18/15, 10:29 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
What?? I think the Kooks sidepipes look awesome! And they're actually round! This H-pipe didn't go on my car - it was at AED, off one of their customer cars at the shop. Looking under my car, there doesn't seem to be a way to adapt the side pipes, but I added hf cats yesterday and I am 100% happy with the sound now. Coupled with the cam tune, I don't need the side pipes now!
When are we getting a video??
Old 1/18/15, 11:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
I was planning on doing the GT500 ABs with the Boss quad exhaust, but since the quad exhaust scarcity happened I did the Bosses first. I love the sound with the stock GT mufflers. It is really "not too loud" with the restrictors removed.

I think that with the GT500s people with noise concerns will want restrictors or cutouts. But I had my wife drive my car around the block so I could check the volume and it's not objectionable at all.
Glad I will not be the only one running stock mufflers with the Boss Quads for awhile...
Old 1/18/15, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by 14Glassback

Glad I will not be the only one running stock mufflers with the Boss Quads for awhile...
It feels weird to say. Who changes the exhaust and keeps the stock mufflers? But the combo is awesome. I'm almost afraid that if I got the GT500s it wouldn't sound as good to me, like too harsh or too loud or something.
Old 1/18/15, 01:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
To each their own. Personally I hate them. They are goofy shaped and sit low. I like the boss style being hidden.
Old 1/18/15, 01:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 14Glassback
I still have the stock axle back. Don't plan on ever replacing them either. Can you even hear the gt500's over the sides anyway?
Old 1/18/15, 04:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Other than the sound out the side of the car what is the benefit of the Boss Exhaust? Cant you get the same sound out of changing the Stock mufflers to something more aggressive?
Old 1/18/15, 05:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
When are we getting a video??
I have em but I don't have a gmail or YouTube account....
Old 1/18/15, 05:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Other than the sound out the side of the car what is the benefit of the Boss Exhaust? Cant you get the same sound out of changing the Stock mufflers to something more aggressive?
Best description is the difference between watching a blu-ray movie with a good soundbar, vs. a good 5.1 system. I rarely drove my car with the windows up, because you now get to hear all the pops and burbles and barks that normally you don't get to enjoy, or at least not as much, when they're shooting out behind you. Also, because they're dumping ahead of the resonators and mufflers, it's a little taste of straight pipes, without getting impounded.
Old 1/18/15, 07:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
Best description is the difference between watching a blu-ray movie with a good soundbar, vs. a good 5.1 system. I rarely drove my car with the windows up, because you now get to hear all the pops and burbles and barks that normally you don't get to enjoy, or at least not as much, when they're shooting out behind you. Also, because they're dumping ahead of the resonators and mufflers, it's a little taste of straight pipes, without getting impounded.
LakeGuy Thankx That is the best description I have heard. I did not take into account the fact that they are in front of the resonators. Thank you..

The bad thing is you just cost me more Money LOL
Old 1/18/15, 08:03 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I have em but I don't have a gmail or YouTube account....
Come on. Use photobucket or something.
Old 1/18/15, 09:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Come on. Use photobucket or something.
I do have that. I'm lazy though I'll get it posted tonight. It sounds like a fricken beast. I'm so getting a ticket.
Old 1/19/15, 06:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
LakeGuy Thankx That is the best description I have heard. I did not take into account the fact that they are in front of the resonators. Thank you..

The bad thing is you just cost me more Money LOL
That's how I roll, bro.
Old 1/19/15, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

I will say I feel it's important to use the right restrictor to get the right balance with your axlebacks. I used a 3/4" hole (drilled out the ones that came with the kit). I would not want louder, I think it would introduce a fair bit of drone on the highway, but I think if I went smaller I'd miss it. The 3/4" with GT500's is a superb pairing. And people absolutely look and see what's coming and then point as you roll by. If you like to pose, you NEED Boss Quads.
Old 1/19/15, 07:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I will say I feel it's important to use the right restrictor to get the right balance with your axlebacks. I used a 3/4" hole (drilled out the ones that came with the kit). I would not want louder, I think it would introduce a fair bit of drone on the highway, but I think if I went smaller I'd miss it. The 3/4" with GT500's is a superb pairing. And people absolutely look and see what's coming and then point as you roll by. If you like to pose, you NEED Boss Quads.
Or...high flow cats and the Solo mid-muffler catback... I used to break a few necks here and there, but now...yeah. Especially with the ghost cam tune. People are looking for a classic musclecar, and then they see a shined up Ingot Silver 2014 on black chrome Niches
Old 1/19/15, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
I have the gt500 with the boss quads with no restrictor plates. I dont think its too loud, but I am wondering how does 3/4" hole change the tone. Does the tone change or it just quieter than no plates?
Old 1/19/15, 07:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Wild5.0
I have the gt500 with the boss quads with no restrictor plates. I dont think its too loud, but I am wondering how does 3/4" hole change the tone. Does the tone change or it just quieter than no plates?
Just quiets it down some and takes the edge off on the highway. IMO it's perfect.
Old 1/19/15, 08:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Just quiets it down some and takes the edge off on the highway. IMO it's perfect.
Thanks for the response, I am also curious does it take out some of that straight pipe sound? Either way i love how agressive car sounds, amazing tone on deceleration

Last edited by Wild5.0; 1/19/15 at 08:17 PM.
Old 1/19/15, 08:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Wild5.0
Thanks for the response, I am also curious does it take out some of that straight pipe sound? Either way i love how agressive car sounds, amazing tone on deceleration
No it does not.
Old 1/19/15, 08:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I started out boss sides no plates + gt500ab + resonators. Awesome sound but drone? on freeway, so drilled 3/4 plates. This solved the drone part but I'd be hungry for more sound - not necessary louder - just more growling n gurgle if you know what I mean, like a lion.

What the 3/4 plates did was down the volume, the 'tone' stayed IMO.

So I cut out the resonators. Mostly my expectation was to get more aggressive out the back (via gt500's) at woot or at least that was my impression from fellow stanger (he didn't have the sides). Somehow though, I felt the overall sound got louder. It was a bit strange to me.

As of last Sunday, once again the restrictor plates are gone wide open. Well, it's 'wider' open this time because resonators are missing. Originally, my plan was to go for the 7/8 but hmm.

Question here is why the boss sides put on GT's and boss sides on actual BOSS 302 are sounding different. The side pipes on BOSS 302's have this growl like Grrrr (which I like very much) whereas on mine, it sounds more mellow Brrrr. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Boss Quad Exhaust for GT