2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Borla Touring over stock

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/12, 10:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borla Touring over stock

Hello all,
Going through all the millions of sound clips and videos of different axle and cat back systems. Haven't seen anyone on here that has the Borla touring yet. If anyone does how much louder is it compared to stock. Can't really tell by all these clips but looking for one that rumbles a little mroe at idle and cruising but still can hold a conversion without yelling. Stomping on the peddle and let it roar!! Not sure if the touring roars though when giving it a good stomp
Old 5/20/12, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm curious about the Borla touring as well. I couldn't find any sound clips or reviews about them when I was in the market for new adlebacks. I ended up going with the Pypes Pype Bomb axlebacks for my 06 GT, and I love em. They're definitely louder than stock at idle and while cruising, and you will be happy for sure when you open her up! I used to have Borla stingers, and had to scream to have a conversation in the car, but I have no such problem with the Pype Bombs. They're loud when you want em to be, and not so loud when you don't want em to be.
Old 5/20/12, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AirForcePonycar
I'm curious about the Borla touring as well. I couldn't find any sound clips or reviews about them when I was in the market for new adlebacks. I ended up going with the Pypes Pype Bomb axlebacks for my 06 GT, and I love em. They're definitely louder than stock at idle and while cruising, and you will be happy for sure when you open her up! I used to have Borla stingers, and had to scream to have a conversation in the car, but I have no such problem with the Pype Bombs. They're loud when you want em to be, and not so loud when you don't want em to be.
I actually like the Pypes also but like the rest of the sound clips you really cant tell. I also found another one i like and they happen to be local to me is MRT Performance.
Old 5/20/12, 12:18 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by Jellowood
Hello all,
Going through all the millions of sound clips and videos of different axle and cat back systems. Haven't seen anyone on here that has the Borla touring yet. If anyone does how much louder is it compared to stock. Can't really tell by all these clips but looking for one that rumbles a little mroe at idle and cruising but still can hold a conversion without yelling. Stomping on the peddle and let it roar!! Not sure if the touring roars though when giving it a good stomp
After running the drone-prone (heh) Borla S-Types on my 2007 Mustang GT, I had initially looked into the Borla Touring axle-back kit for my 2011. After hearing the Touring system in person, though, I knew I wanted something louder, especially considering the premium one pays for a Borla product. I wound up getting the S-Type axle-back system for my car and I couldn't be happier. It sounds amazing and there is absolutely NO drone whatsoever associated with this kit; it's a testament to Borla's engineering, especially considering how badly their older kits trumpeted.

If you're still on the fence, check out the comparison video below from American Muscle. Said video is what ultimately solidified my Borla S-Type purchase.

Old 5/20/12, 12:57 PM

I recently put the Borla S-Type Axelbacks on my '13 GT.
I like them a lot. They are as aggressive as you want them to be depending on how hard you hit the throttle.

The Touring sounds too tame to me, not much more aggressive than stock.

Here is a clip I posted of the Borla S-Type Axelbacks on my car.

Last edited by EL Diablo; 5/20/12 at 01:44 PM.
Old 5/20/12, 01:28 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
That's a great video......and they sound superb (gorgeous SG '13, too!)

I had to chuckle though.....I could just imagine the red Mustang pulling up and helping himself to a free camera at the side of the road. Of course, a fellow Mustang owner would never do that though
Old 5/20/12, 03:26 PM
V6 Member

I had the Borla Touring axle-backs on my 2011 GT. They are quite a bit louder than stock - loud enough for me. However, I took them off because they caused some drone at 2000rpm even though everyone said they were 100% drone free. No matter what anyone says about drone issues I don't believe them. It might just be that they don't hear it because they are so used to it coming from older/other cars.
Old 5/20/12, 04:29 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by romendo
I had the Borla Touring axle-backs on my 2011 GT. They are quite a bit louder than stock - loud enough for me. However, I took them off because they caused some drone at 2000rpm even though everyone said they were 100% drone free. No matter what anyone says about drone issues I don't believe them. It might just be that they don't hear it because they are so used to it coming from older/other cars.
Yeah, according to Borla, they had to redesign the Touring mufflers a total of (3) times to take care of the drone. The newer kits with the Ø4.5" tips feature their "new," drone-free, turbo-style mufflers, apparently.

I can say for certain, though, that there is no drone with the S-Types, though the note is way more aggressive and louder than stock.
Old 5/20/12, 05:22 PM
GT Member

did you try searching "borla 2011 mustang gt" in youtube. the borla channel has a video comprehensively comparing stock sound from touring, s-type and attak versions.
Old 5/20/12, 05:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mirad_GT12
did you try searching "borla 2011 mustang gt" in youtube. the borla channel has a video comprehensively comparing stock sound from touring, s-type and attak versions.
Yeah I must have listened to it ten times so far lol. Just wanted to get some opinions from people that have tried them. In the end I'll have to take a chance like everyone else. If I don't like it guess i can always Ebay it
Old 5/20/12, 05:54 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by MARZ
Yeah, according to Borla, they had to redesign the Touring mufflers a total of (3) times to take care of the drone. The newer kits with the Ø4.5" tips feature their "new," drone-free, turbo-style mufflers, apparently.

I can say for certain, though, that there is no drone with the S-Types, though the note is way more aggressive and louder than stock.
I already have the newer design (more like 4.3" tips) and it still has some drone to it. I went with the more expensive company because I believed the online opinions. That's why I still doubt it whenever someone claims "100% drone free".
Old 7/9/12, 02:48 PM

overstock...? dealer suggestions?

did somebody say "OVERSTOCK on the BORLA 11793 Axelbacks" ?

I'm looking for a pair for a new 2013 Prem V6 convertible...

Any suggestions on where I might find a VERY COMPETITIVE PRICE would be appreciated!

Thanks much -
Old 7/9/12, 03:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
That's a great video......and they sound superb (gorgeous SG '13, too!)

I had to chuckle though.....I could just imagine the red Mustang pulling up and helping himself to a free camera at the side of the road. Of course, a fellow Mustang owner would never do that though
You've never met the Mustang owners in the bay area region of Northern California....
Old 7/9/12, 04:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jellowood
I also found another one i like and they happen to be local to me is MRT Performance.
I recommend you give a listen to MRT's Interceptor axleback. I happened to get a drive in a 2013 GT/CS convertible with their H-pipe and that axleback yesterday. It was an excellent deeper-than-stock tone with the volume having "presence" at all speeds but especially over 3500RPM.

It's a well-done setup!