Borla S-Type (and Touring) owners...

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/11, 06:41 PM
Cur
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Borla S-Type (and Touring) owners...

...a question if I may.

For Touring owners: Do you wish you'd gotten a louder / the S-Type exhaust?

For S-Type owners: Do you wish you'd gotten a quieter exhaust sometimes? If so, what situations?

I'm worried about two things... highway noise, 70-75mph cruising being too loud, not being able to hold a conversation without yelling etc. and being able to quietly exit the neighborhood (I could just idle out) as I leave pretty early in the morning, and I like my neighbors (I had a Harley, so I know how to keep a light throttle).

I definitely like the sound and bark of the S-Type over the Touring, but if the S-Types are going to be "too loud" I'll definitely get the Tourings. I'm not really interested in other exhausts, so those opinions won't be helpful, thanks.
Old 6/10/11, 07:47 PM
Cobra Member

I don't have the borla exhaust so I can't comment on the comparison but borla claims no drone at any rpm and low sound while cruising with their stuff for the 5.0. So I wouldn't worry about having to yell unless you're at WOT lol hope his helps
Old 6/10/11, 09:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the ATAKs, and I wish they were louder. In all seriousness, I have ZERO drone anywhere and at cruising speeds they are very quiet. The tone of any of the Borlas is very nice. Keep in mind that axlebacks will be quieter than catbacks. You didn't mention which one you are thinking of. My ATAKs are nowhere near as loud as the Borla video on YouTube which is for their catbacks.
Old 6/11/11, 05:06 AM
V6 Member

I put the Borla S-Type axle backs on my 11 last year. Initially, I was worried it was too loud. In fact it took a couple of months before I was sure I made the right decision. I was also concerned that my wife would find it too loud, but she's great with it. Another female passenger said she found it "calming". You can really control the volume of the exhaust by the accelerator pedal. It sounds almost stock by feathering the pedal (ok - it may be a little louder) but when you want to be heard, you've certainly got that capability with the S-Type. As well, there is no drone and I can have a conversation with the passenger at highway speeds with the top down.
Old 6/11/11, 08:31 AM
Cur
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jsnyng
I have the ATAKs, and I wish they were louder. In all seriousness, I have ZERO drone anywhere and at cruising speeds they are very quiet. The tone of any of the Borlas is very nice. Keep in mind that axlebacks will be quieter than catbacks. You didn't mention which one you are thinking of. My ATAKs are nowhere near as loud as the Borla video on YouTube which is for their catbacks.
I'm just looking at axlebacks. I didn't even realize that the video's were for the cat back systems... Hrm, I'm leaning more and more towards the S-Types... I also figure that even if they are too loud for a daily driver I shouldn't have any trouble selling them as opposed to the Tourings which might have a more limited buyer-base.

Thanks for the info!