Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Bob Kurgan Tuning, and Final Cars/Coffee Meet of year (Des Moines)

Search this Thread

Old 10/12/13, 01:01 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Bob Kurgan Tuning, and Final Cars/Coffee Meet of year (Des Moines)

Had a blast today... drove 2 hours (what a fun drive to see the sun rise) to Des Moines to meet Bob Kurgan and see him in action, tuning several Mustangs on the Karl Performance Dyno today. Part of the meet was the final cars and coffee event at the same location. Lots of great looking cars. I got to see the C7 in person (red and blue), and several great looking mustangs. I'd say, of the 20 or so mustangs there, at least 15 were blown or turbo'd. Insane...

My favorite car of the bunch was an 04 Terminator with a Whipple, putting down about 700+ whp... he did have an Aluminator block.

I talked to Kurgan as well. Nice guy. They've been tuning all day since yesterday I guess. I was hoping to get on the dyno to verify some numbers. Unfortunately, the dyno's were full today, and I had to schedule a session far in advance. Lesson learned, will do it for April session next year. At that time, I'll probably opt for a smaller pulley, a custom CAI, and a custom dyno tune from Kurgan. Apparently he's one of the best, similar to Justin Starkey at VMP. So much for me being happy with my "stock" setup lol. We'll see if I go with a custom tune/pulley change. Kurgan did tell me that my current setup should see around 520 - 550whp... that should be around 650 crank. I'm ok with that.

Lastly, it was great meeting Sean (MJJ tag here on forum) and Jim (not sure if on this forum - but owns a 2014 Shelby). Beautiful cars guys! Sean, your 04 White Terminator is to die for. I need a ride sometime. Same with you Jim, thanks for letting me oogle all over your Shelby... lol. Someday. Sean, we need to meet up for that cruise on 10/27... also, I'll be getting Kurgan to tune me next year.

Here's the pics.

Kurgan doing his magic with a Fox on the dyno:

My favorite car there (sans mine of course ), 700+ whp. I just love those 03/04 Terminators. I want one.

Marilyn didn't look too shabby She finally fit in along with everyone there almost all having a blower. It was ridiculous.

And here's the rest of the pics. Karl's Performance seems to be a do-it-all shop. If I ever need engine or dyno work, now I know I just have to drive 2 hours, and voila.

I thought this was cool... license plates behind a tinted plastic trunk. Illegal? I guess it lights up for visibility.

The new C7s... nice in person, but too "gimmicky" in my opinion. Doesn't look muscle-y at all, obviously... but just something about it just makes me think it's "trying" too hard.

I thought this was at least somewhat cool: Embedded vette symbol inside the headlights:

The new Camaro... NO THANK YOU. I think it gets uglier and uglier every year.

And now the rest of the pics:

Last edited by FromZto5; 10/12/13 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10/12/13, 02:59 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanx for sharing those pics.....man I bet that was a ton of fun.
Old 10/12/13, 03:08 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Awesome photos and awesome cars for sure. Looks like it was a great time.
And,....for the record, I want a 03/04 Termi as well.
Old 10/12/13, 06:03 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Deep Blue
Thanx for sharing those pics.....man I bet that was a ton of fun.
Tons of fun for sure. Gotta love a collection of 20+ mustangs. Surprisingly, only 2 or so camaros... Good

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome photos and awesome cars for sure. Looks like it was a great time. And,....for the record, I want a 03/04 Termi as well.
Np tony... There were a few termis there. Man I loved those years.

Last edited by FromZto5; 10/12/13 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10/12/13, 07:54 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Oh,......and for the record, the Stingrays are ugly as are the new Camaros.
I am glad I didn't get another Camaro. I was thinking/looking at the 2014 Camaro ZL1 before getting the beastly Roush. Glad with my decision.
Old 10/13/13, 04:56 AM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Burton

Nice pics! I enjoyed meeting you. And yes your car is even cleaner in person.

Next time I will bring the Shelby instead of the Cobra.Hope for decent weather on the 27th.

Sean
Old 10/13/13, 05:59 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by MJJ
Burton Nice pics! I enjoyed meeting you. And yes your car is even cleaner in person. Next time I will bring the Shelby instead of the Cobra.Hope for decent weather on the 27th. Sean
Likewise, sir. Can't wait to see the Shelby. So many cars, so little time, what to do? Lol

Btw, sorry there were no pics of your cars, you guys left before I whipped the camera out. Also, your borlas for the termi sounded great! Tell Jim his sounded good too, but significantly quieter than botlas. He needs a new set hehe.

See you on the 27th, weather willing.

Ps no GTR Sean.... That's blasphemy!!!!
Old 10/13/13, 09:52 AM

Burton, it was great meeting you and talkin cars yesterday. It was a beautiful day...lots of nice cars... fun stuff! You take awesome pics man! Your car is stellar, i'm sure your proud of your work! I'll be at the cruise the 27th. Hope the weather holds up!!!
Old 10/27/13, 07:47 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by MJJ
Burton Nice pics! I enjoyed meeting you. And yes your car is even cleaner in person. Next time I will bring the Shelby instead of the Cobra.Hope for decent weather on the 27th. Sean
Originally Posted by conceptmachine
Burton, it was great meeting you and talkin cars yesterday. It was a beautiful day...lots of nice cars... fun stuff! You take awesome pics man! Your car is stellar, i'm sure your proud of your work! I'll be at the cruise the 27th. Hope the weather holds up!!!
Guys... Sorry took me so long for this response. Sean I don't have your cell.

I won't be able to make the cruise today. I put my car in storage yesterday and today. The weather is just not cooperating. On top of that, driving in 50 degree weather leaves me with no traction breaking loose all the way into 4th.... Bad.

I hope you guys have a good time at the cruise. Regards to the clan.
Old 10/27/13, 09:16 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by FromZto5
My favorite car there (sans mine of course ), 700+ whp. I just love those 03/04 Terminators. I want one.
Good Lord that car is sexy as heck!! Killer stance too. The only thing I would do is change out the wheels. I want one.