Big Papi's Yellow Blaze

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/10, 05:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CHDS PNY
thanks alot big papi!!!

20% blackout tint from stangmods
That looks great !!! Its amazing how a 15.00 item or items can make a car look so good !!!! I cant wait to get my black mustang grille emblem next week.

Were you able to get all the bubbles out ? I still have a few small ones you really can't notice them, but I know they are there. LOL!

Last edited by Big Papi's Pony; 10/1/10 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10/1/10, 11:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
That looks great !!! Its amazing how a 15.00 item or items can make a car look so good !!!! I cant wait to get my black mustang grille emblem next week.

Were you able to get all the bubbles out ? I still have a few small ones you really can't notice them, but I know they are there. LOL!
nope there are bubbles, i even had a guy who does vinyl throw em on...but maybe he didnt care too much

they look good unless you look for the flaws

i may order another pair and do it myself and take my time...i am impatient so i wanted them on now lol

here's a couple night comparo pics
Attached Thumbnails Big Papi's Yellow Blaze-before1.jpg   Big Papi's Yellow Blaze-after1.jpg   Big Papi's Yellow Blaze-before2.jpg   Big Papi's Yellow Blaze-after2.jpg  

Last edited by CHDS PNY; 10/1/10 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10/2/10, 09:33 AM
V6 Member

Great Looking Car Big Papi!

I ordered mine 8 weeks ago in the same color without seeing one in person. I still have not seen one but after seeing your video I now know I made the right choice. Mine will be a GT, manual, Brembo brakes, and black cloth interior. They say they pulled the order this weeks but it will still be a few weeks before I see my car.

Great to see the changes you have made so far.

TED
Old 10/2/10, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ted in Olympia
Great Looking Car Big Papi!

I ordered mine 8 weeks ago in the same color without seeing one in person. I still have not seen one but after seeing your video I now know I made the right choice. Mine will be a GT, manual, Brembo brakes, and black cloth interior. They say they pulled the order this weeks but it will still be a few weeks before I see my car.

Great to see the changes you have made so far.

TED
Thanks, i'm putting the Roush axel backs on this wenesday then I'm done till spring time. I am going to do a before and after video.

Did you get the stripe on your car ?
Old 10/2/10, 01:02 PM
V6 Member

I did not order it with the stripe, I working with a guy to make me a kit with an over the top like yours and then Boss type side stripes. One thing I did not want is the over the top stripe to go over the bumpers.

The over the top will be like the silver one in this link,

http://www.bigwormgraphix.net/Mustang.htm

And the side stripes should look like the yellow Boss in the picture below but start right under the 5.0 and go back.

TED
Attached Thumbnails Big Papi's Yellow Blaze-boss-mustang-yellow-2011-rear-stripes.jpg  

Last edited by Ted in Olympia; 10/2/10 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10/5/10, 06:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CHDS PNY
nope there are bubbles, i even had a guy who does vinyl throw em on...but maybe he didnt care too much

they look good unless you look for the flaws

i may order another pair and do it myself and take my time...i am impatient so i wanted them on now lol

here's a couple night comparo pics
You can barley tell there is a tint on them with the fogs on.

I installed the 2010 Black Pony Grille emblem I will post pics as soon as it stops freakin raining in NY. My fingers still hurt from reusing the factory speed nuts from the original emblem. Get my trunk mat and interior mats today again will do pics of these also.
Old 10/5/10, 06:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

I did not order it with the stripe, I working with a guy to make me a kit with an over the top like yours and then Boss type side stripes. One thing I did not want is the over the top stripe to go over the bumpers.

The over the top will be like the silver one in this link,

http://www.bigwormgraphix.net/Mustang.htm

And the side stripes should look like the yellow Boss in the picture below but start right under the 5.0 and go back.

TED
Once the 2012 Boss goes into production I will seriously be looking at the side stripe for my car, I will remove the 302 and BOSS from the decal and see if I can center the 5.0 emblem in there, it looks like it will line up.
Old 10/9/10, 06:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

At the risk of beating a dead horse.

Updated Youtube Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma-tg3mSTgY
Old 10/13/10, 12:37 AM
GT Member

I LOVE that color! Reminds me of Eleanor from the movie Gone in Sixty Seconds 1974.

Car took an *** beating but still ran.. love this movie! Has to be the best car chase scene of all time.
Old 10/13/10, 04:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Karnage541
I LOVE that color! Reminds me of Eleanor from the movie Gone in Sixty Seconds 1974.

Car took an *** beating but still ran.. love this movie! Has to be the best car chase scene of all time.
Never saw the original I have to see it now, somebody told me I have to see the movie Bullit which I also have never seen.
Old 10/13/10, 06:53 PM
V6 Member

The neat thing about the original is that it was filmed on real streets with real people. The re-make is all on a closed course. The DVD has an extra with the wife telling about the movie, almost better than the movie itself.

I like Bullit also but it is not as good as the original Gone in 60 Seconds. You can tell the chases are staged and you keep on seeing the same VW Bug over and over again.

TED
Old 10/14/10, 09:56 AM

Nice car makes me excited to get mine. Btw it says your from Westchester may i ask what part?
Old 10/14/10, 02:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Big Papi's Pony
Never saw the original I have to see it now, somebody told me I have to see the movie Bullit which I also have never seen.
Aw dude, you have to see it. The last car chase last for about a half hour and they used only ONE car for the scene. Im sure they did minor repairs to keep it running but not one body repair. They did however reinforce the fenders and doors with rollcages to make it stronger.

It has to be my favorite movie of all time. The remake is garbage IMO. I havent seen Bullit yet either, but I always wanted to see it.
Old 10/14/10, 03:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

The neat thing about the original is that it was filmed on real streets with real people. The re-make is all on a closed course. The DVD has an extra with the wife telling about the movie, almost better than the movie itself.

I like Bullit also but it is not as good as the original Gone in 60 Seconds. You can tell the chases are staged and you keep on seeing the same VW Bug over and over again.

TED
Just saw it on you tube.....Epic!!!

Originally Posted by True Five Liter
Nice car makes me excited to get mine. Btw it says your from Westchester may i ask what part?
From the YO (Yonkers)

Originally Posted by Karnage541
Aw dude, you have to see it. The last car chase last for about a half hour and they used only ONE car for the scene. Im sure they did minor repairs to keep it running but not one body repair. They did however reinforce the fenders and doors with rollcages to make it stronger.

It has to be my favorite movie of all time. The remake is garbage IMO. I havent seen Bullit yet either, but I always wanted to see it.
Saw it on you tube over 30 mins long holy crap!!